Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Canvas: Finale Scores Posted!!!!! Page 52

Comments

• Options
    JKAmaryllisJKAmaryllis Posts: 3,741 Member
    edited July 2011
    Posted assignment.. Hope it makes sense :D
    jz8tDGb.png
    Steam: JKAmaryllis
  • Options
    blazaxxblazaxx Posts: 1,871
    edited July 2011
    Seen it ! Love the assignment, already bubbling with ideas :mrgreen:

And wow...such long and detailed comments ! I can't believe you were worried about it, my goodness. You did a superb job Cel ! I call for you judging another round ;) Hmm, I am definitely going to think about what you've said. Really made me look at things again, that's for sure. More than just my pic as well, I'm really thinking of doing a serious u-turn on my judging ! :P
    /rambling.
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited July 2011
    I apologize for the extra-long comments, I know it was sort of a lot to read (a lot to type too lol), but there was so much to say about each picture. You all did a fantastic job this round, and with things getting down to the wire, I'm expecting to see some of the finest sim-art of any competition currently running! You guys can do it, take it to that next level, go that extra mile and create something that you can be proud of :D:D:D It's anyone's game - any ONE of you is capable of coming out on top. Beyond that, though, as much as everyone wants to actually WIN, don't focus too much on being 1st place - work on your technique, focus on what you're trying to portray in the picture, and create something that speaks to YOU, to YOUR heart and mind.

Blair, lol, I'm glad you enjoyed the comments :D This is DEFINITELY the most in-depth I've been with judging, and pretty much only because I'm GUEST judging - not sure I'd want to do that every round!

Thank you for letting me guest judge! It was challenging but fun, and taught me quite a bit. This next assignment is right up my alley (wish I was doing it too!), and should yield some AMAZING pictures!

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!! <3
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thank you so much for your awesome comments! I for one WANT long comments like that xD

And I totally agree. I think it should be more about what you want to create than actually winning. And you guys really do create some stunning work!

I really do want you to push your boundaries this round and maybe try to forget all you know about modeling photos. I'm going to try to do the same as a judge... which isn't easy xD
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow-that is perhaps the most detailed (and useful) feedback I have ever received. LOL

Thank you CeleSeraphym for going to so much trouble!

Loving the next assignment. Can't wait to get started.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow was totally set on the fact I was one of those bottom two!

Does Gimp even have filters?
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2011
    seen it!
  • Options
    FishGirl4FishGirl4 Posts: 4,415 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Wow Cel, I'm a amazed at the time and thought you put into your great comments.
    I definitely knew I was in the bottom two, hopefully I can change that, it seems I've been spending a bit too much time down there :shock:

• Options
    edited July 2011
    Fish it so doesn't mean your pics are bad. I know scores might not have reflected it but your pic stood out to me (in a good way) because it was one of the few with a really nice splash of color! Everyones scores are soo.. close. You don't know how many times I went back and re-scored!
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    SimanimsSimanims Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited July 2011
    ahhh i've got NO ideas >.<
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited July 2011
    FishGirl4 wrote:
    Wow Cel, I'm a amazed at the time and thought you put into your great comments.
    I definitely knew I was in the bottom two, hopefully I can change that, it seems I've been spending a bit too much time down there :shock:

I completely agree with JK - your picture immediately stood out to me because of the bit of color, which I was really hoping to see from one or more of the entries (like I mentioned in your comment). And your model was STUNNING <3 -- I just loved her look. I've seen a lot of your work, and a couple of your FF entries have stuck in my head even all these months later. So I know you can ROCK this comp! You've proven you have a crapload of talent, so don't be afraid to let it all out in your next picture. Above all else, have fun with it! Beyond working towards a 1st place win, you're creating art, something very personal to YOU that you should feel proud of. :D I tend to judge a little more on the 'harsh' side, but it does NOT mean the pictures were bad at ALL.

And you're very welcome for the comments! (that goes for everyone else too) I procrastinated (of course) on getting them all finished, and being sick for a whole day delayed me even further. Luckily we didn't have much to do on the fourth of july, so I spent all day that day working on them (even missed the fireworks! haha they were boring this year anyway it seems).

vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I posted the due date (Saturday, July 16)

Lemme know if anyone will need an extension ;)
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    amieechuamieechu Posts: 947 Member
    edited July 2011
    Bumpz for some entries.
  • Options
    blazaxxblazaxx Posts: 1,871
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to have to drop...And I absolutely HATE to need to say this, what with this being THE best comp I've ever been in, but I don't seem to have any other choice. My game, is totally and utterly busted. Broken. Dead and gone. I uninstalled, to find that it would NOT reinstall. But after days and days and days of trying(and some help from some awesome people) it installed. Cue problem number two. My game will not start up. Doesn't matter what I do to it, use the disk or no cd crack it just...nothing. I get an error message and have to use task manager to close it. Pretty much looks like there's nothing I can do.

Gunna miss this comp big time :(:(:(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Aawww I'm so sorry Blair. I really wish there was something to do to help you fix it!! Loved having you around though! *hugs*
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Aw Blair :cry: We'll miss you.

Can the picture be telling the story of a song? Or would you prefer it be a story/poem?
  • Options
    chellemh29chellemh29 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited July 2011
    Ugh! I'm really having a hard time with this...Not because I can't do an illustration, but because I can't decide on a story/poem/anything! I'm not usually this indecisive.

@blazaxx- Sorry to hear that! Hope you can get it worked out soon.
    yhCWXCP.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yeah a song should be okay :)

Chell: draw paper out of a hat? Lol
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Yes! Thank you JK< I had an idea for a song so hopefully everything works out.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Was trying to finish this tonight but it's already one o'clock and I've already finished two other comp entries >.> Creativity low. Night :)
  • Options
    PistolkittenPistolkitten Posts: 5,413 New Member
    edited July 2011
    Can it be a nursery rhyme? I have this weird idea in my head I might try to reproduce if I get some time to sit down and play around with the tablet.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Totally fine!
    jz8tDGb.png
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I'm in the editing stages and will finish up in the morning.
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    We don't need a draw-type or paint-type filter right?
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Nope :)
    jz8tDGb.png