Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

*SOLVED* - Floating Cabinets?

I am trying to put this Cabinet in a house but it floats in the air instead of being attached to the wall. Is there anything I can do to prevent this or just...not have this happen?

screenshot170.jpg

Oh and when it DOES Let me put the Cabinet on the wall, the game only accepts it sideways...

screenshot175j.jpg
Is this a glitch or did i mess up my game by accident? I recently re-installed my game so i doubt it's bad cc.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2011
    Take the curtain down, take the speaker down, and take anything on the other side of the wall down - you may also have to move the window - then place the cabinet. Once it is placed put everything back where you had it. There are a lot of things in Sims 3 that gives a fit even if there are lights to close or even anything on the wall in the area. You may even have to move the under cabinet as well to make it place - but it will place.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    4thefunofit44thefunofit4 Posts: 3,032 Member
    edited March 2011
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Take the curtain down, take the speaker down, and take anything on the other side of the wall down - you may also have to move the window - then place the cabinet. Once it is placed put everything back where you had it. There are a lot of things in Sims 3 that gives a fit even if there are lights to close or even anything on the wall in the area. You may even have to move the under cabinet as well to make it place - but it will place.
    allright i'll give it a go.
  • Options
    toptrvsimtoptrvsim Posts: 423 Member
    edited March 2011
    These cabinets are attached to the ceiling and not to the wall. This is not a glitch.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    toptrvsim wrote:
    These cabinets are attached to the ceiling and not to the wall. This is not a glitch.
    I kind of see what you mean.... this is interesting. Lol

I found some pics from other users

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/30/337426.page

I actually tested out if all cabinets had this issue and apparently not. Looks like I'm going to have to save the future shock stuff for another house since I don't want to change my custom house's look too much.
    screenshot179x.jpg
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited March 2011
    the futureshock set comes with both kinds of cabinets.....ones for the wall and ones for the ceiling.....

• Options
    LunyKimberlyLunyKimberly Posts: 72 Member
    edited March 2011
    Little tip for cabinets/counters:

If it includes the word(s) "Double-Sided" or "Island" it's more for in the middle of a room than up against a wall. The ends/sides will go up against a wall like pictured above but the front/back will not attach to a wall - you want the cabinet/counter version that doesn't have Island/Double-Sided in it's name to run cabinets/counters along a wall.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Well that explains A LOT. Lol. Wow, i usually don't put cabinets or counters on my wishlist. I think I might have added the wrong item. Thank you so much for explaining this. (Apparently I got gifted the Capacitor Cabinet Island )
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2011
    Sorry about that, I totally forgot about the ceiling over the island cabinets. I do know I had problems though with one set of the new wall upper cabinets because of windows and curtains where I did have to put the cabinets up first, then the windows and curtains. I also could not hang those cabinets anywhere on a wall that had a set of stairs on the other side of the wall, no matter what I did. Those stair are a genuine pain in the you-know-what. Sure wish they'd fix that. But yeah, it makes sense it is the island cabinets. I just assumed you had the whole set, as I have both type of cabinets in my set.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....