Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had any problems with the most recent update

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    droomydroomy Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    Hey guys i had the same problem with late night.You should uninstall your sims 3 base game and other expansion packs but before you do go to>My documents>Electronic arts> saves and copy that folder to any other folder you want just make sure its not in electronic arts. Once you uninstall it reinstall the base game and your former expansion packs BUT BEFORE YOU INSTALL LATE NIGHT update your game through the launcher once you do that you are free install your late night. Then go to your launcher press play the sims 3 then create a family by doing this a another saves folder will be made automatically and will appear under the electronic arts folder. After you make your family and move them in press save and exit. Once you on your desktop go back to your saves folder(the one you copied before you uninstalled)And take the contents inside of it and copy it to your new saves folder under electronic arts. This should work i hope it does . . . . :?:
  • Options
    ndavis81ndavis81 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I'm getting the base game incompatibility error. I have even uninstalled, and as soon as it starts to update, the patch gets interrupted and I get the same error. I have tried everything! Here's my games:

Sims base game 1.18.9.009017
    Ambitions 4.3.4.008001
    Fast Lane 5.5.4.010001
    High End Loft 3.3.11.006001
    World Adventures 2.0.86.002001
  • Options
    Starry943Starry943 Posts: 35
    edited February 2011
    I too had the Base Game Incompatible error after this last update.

DON'T UNINSTALL/REINSTALL GAME

What I did, which may or may not work for you....

Uninstalled teh EADM and then rebooted.

Then, downloaded the new version of EADM. Installed it...

Then I updated the super patch for my game version. Just the base game. This is linked in a thread that is up at the top of this forum...

Made sure the EADM and the Game Launcher weren't running, and then I ran the patch I downloaded.

It worked! :)
  • Options
    ElmawaElmawa Posts: 2,281 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have tried with the DEP and Outdoor Living does not show up to add it.

I found it in DEP. going to go try the game again, I'm having issues w/ the game crashing to desktop during play. Also, reassigned the executable in Large Address Aware, doing these things cured my crash to desktop problem last time. I'd forgotten about DEP until I read that, then remembered LAA while I was typing. Hope it works...:)

Seems to be working again. I've had the game running since the original posting of my response. close to a 1/2 hr I think. Before the game was crashing after 2-5 mins. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DLiciousDLicious Posts: 44 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have not received that message, but what I have been experiencing is crashing. I just enter my save game and like two seconds later it just crashes. I have checked my system against the game requirements and my computer can handle it. So does anyone know what is causing these issues?

I'm having the same issue. I even deleted the town that was crashing. Started a new town, and crashed after 2 seconds in play mode. now i wish i hadn't downloaded the patch that came out today. I also installed Outdoor living right after the patch. Not sure which one is causing it. so as of right now I can not play at all.

Same here. I keep crashing every 2 seconds now once i start a saved game. i tried everything including the DEP but that does not help. Now i definately do not understand how come a game like The Sims3 managed to accumulate this much bug, especially since it s a game thats played by many people, but this is not right... having people waste the money they could easily spend on something else for a game and patches that kills the game + game play. I wonder if uninstalling latenight will help.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Have you tried Large Address Aware? The combo of LAA and DEP has kept my game from crashing. LAA allows an assigned program to run using more than 2G if memory, DEP prevents assigned programs from shutting down when they use too much (which can happen without LAA too).
  • Options
    Lu_SuLu_Su Posts: 2
    edited February 2011
    I keep getting a messgae that my base game is incompatible with my explansion pack late night. I've uninstalled and re-installed both EADM and all my Sims 3, late night and high end loft.Everything says its up to date. Still getting the same incompatible message.
    Anyone know how to help? I can't find any solutions on the website and getting a bit fed up now.....

• Options
    Raj780Raj780 Posts: 8
    edited February 2011
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    I am getting the message that my base game is incompatible with an expansion

Get the same message..
  • Options
    sweetteepi_6799sweetteepi_6799 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I just bought outdoor living and once I start the game it crashes right back to my desktop. I am so mad and getting tired of the Sims all together they need to get their stuff right before putting it out on the market. If I don't get a solution with in a week I will be getting my money back. I was perfectly fine with Sims 3, Ambitions, high end loft no problems.
  • Options
    columbia93columbia93 Posts: 319 Member
    edited February 2011
    I just updated my game through the Launcher and everything seemed to go fine. I did, however, notice that the update only notified me of an update to HELS and TS3 - nothing about WA. I didn't get any error message during the update and I optimistically assumed EA got it right. When I tried to start my game, it said I had a modification that didn't jive and to remove the modification. Since the only thing I'd done is the update.....

I did a restore point just before the update so I'm hoping I'll be able to correct this issue by doing the restore. I'm also in the process of downloading that very large file suggested here - am so thankful I dropped dial up a few years ago.. :)

It was also suggested that the Sims 3 folder be moved to the desktop before any updates or expansions...smart...assuming this person meant a "copy" of the folder so that the update would be able to recognize the game. I was a little unsure of what folders would be moved back in. She said to delete the new Sims 3 folder and put the old one back in but that seems counter-intuitive. Will research that idea a little further.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I also wanted to add my comment regarding the error fix suggested by using a program that lets you change the Gs available. They used LAA, (Large Address something or other). There is also a program called CFF Explorer that I just started using because of crashes with CAW. Extremely easy to use and no more crashes. In addition, I hadn't been able to run Microsoft's Zoo Tycoon. A call to MS and they told me too bad...the only fix would be to manually change the system each and every time I wanted to play the game to fool my computer into thinking it only had 2Gs of memory! I used CFF Explorer on the game and now I am able to play it on my Windows 7 4G system. I have yet to use CFF with TS3 and am glad I waited but will give it a go when this is all fixed.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I did the restore (point) and that didn't put me back to normal. I downloaded and installed the link in this thread - again with no problems - but, when I tried to load the launcher, I got the message that my game was not up to date. I've never really had issues with the updates so this is new to me. Has anyone else solved this problem?

I discovered that, while TS3 and HELS was up-to-date, WA wasn't. (Another stupid bug with the Launcher?!?!) Patched it to current through SimPrograms. While I did get it to get over the errors, it is now crashing when I enter my active household. I removed all of the .package CC - still crashed. I removed all of my .Sims3Pack CC - still crashed. My Saved Sims are gone, too, and still it crashes. It all worked fine prior to the update. Again, has anyone been able to resolve the crashing issues? The patch has been out for a week or so and am hoping someone fixed this without having to uninstall/reinstall.

S1 was this buggy but S2 really wasn't. I've had to uninstall/reinstall S3 3-4 times already and I've been playing less than a year. It adds to the frustration that S3 is "crappy" with the Sims3Pack files and their stupid Launcher that doesn't recognize most of the installed content AND doesn't sort AND is a nightmare to try and match up a little icon with what was seen in the game. I'm tired of losing everything and having to keep starting over. I ended up using a cheat to reduce the Visa pts needed to move up each level because of having to do it over and over again! Also why I've not yet bothered with Ambitions & Night Life.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    columbia93 wrote:
    I also wanted to add my comment regarding the error fix suggested by using a program that lets you change the Gs available. They used LAA, (Large Address something or other). There is also a program called CFF Explorer that I just started using because of crashes with CAW. Extremely easy to use and no more crashes. In addition, I hadn't been able to run Microsoft's Zoo Tycoon. A call to MS and they told me too bad...the only fix would be to manually change the system each and every time I wanted to play the game to fool my computer into thinking it only had 2Gs of memory! I used CFF Explorer on the game and now I am able to play it on my Windows 7 4G system. I have yet to use CFF with TS3 and am glad I waited but will give it a go when this is all fixed.

I play zoo tycoon too! :D It's almost as addicting as this game, I wish they were still expanding on that title, a ZT3 would be awesome! Also, LAA is called Large Address Aware, I talked about it a few posts up.

To the simmer who says their game crashes a few minutes after loading her with OLS, try LAA in combination with DEP (data execution prevention, should be on your computer already), just what I was talking about. My game was crashing like that also, but when I added the OLS .exe files to LAA and DEP, it stopped crashing.
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've posted on a couple of threads so this may appear to be double posting --- I'm simply updating and continuing my request for help.

I can't seem to get anyone to assist me. EA is useless. They ignore the content of my messages and have only responded twice - once to ask me to send my DXDiag file and the other to sent a pat response to uninstall/reinstall. Since I've detailed the numerous times I've uninstalled/reinstalled, this message had the effect of throwing gasoline on the fire!

In addition to the hours a day for the past 19 days I have spent trying to get my game to work, I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how a game could work and then not. Since I've deleted everything I can think of, Sims 3 Programs, games installed after the 1.19 botched update, etc., the only thing I can think of is that patch must have corrupted a file in my computer that is also associated elsewhere and is therefore not being deleted when I am deleting all of the other files for Sims 3. Again, the threshold for my crashing issues is the 1.12 patch. I can patch to 1.11 and the game will work. When I patch to 1.12 (Base Game alone OR with WA or HELS), the game crashes when I move the mouse in the household, which moves the screen. I know that patch 1.12 changed the way .package files could be added to the game and no, I do not have ANY custom content in the game BUT, what computer files were affected by this patch?

Thank you and I hope someone can brainstorm with me on this and see if we can get this fixed!
  • Options
    HarmonyJaneHarmonyJane Posts: 57 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but I'll download the stuff I bought from The Sims 3 store and install it into my game and when I play the game, none of the stuff I installed was there. None of the stuff will stick in the game. And I just updated my EADM.

Base Game:1.19.44.010017
    World Adventures: 2.0.86.002001
    High-End Loft: 3.0.38.004001
    Ambitions: 4.0.87.006001
    Fast Lane: 5.0.44.008001
    Late Night: 6.2.4.010017
    Outdoor Living: 7.0.55.010001
  • Options
    enjbryantenjbryant Posts: 5
    edited February 2011
    I also have windows 7 and had no problems until I loaded world adventures, but I also loaded night life the day before, so not really sure which one is giving me problems. I had to do a system restore, because my whole system shut down. I could not even boot up. I changed virus protection before I loaded all the games again. I also loaded each game and played them for a couple of days before I loaded the next to make sure it wasn't one particular game. So far all is good, so I'm thinking I just had crappy virus protection. Don't know.
  • Options
    lsnn87lsnn87 Posts: 1
    edited May 2011
    Hi.
    The Sims3 wasn't working anymore on my computer. I got keeping a messages that the launcher wasn’t working properly anymore. So I uninstalled the whole thing. Now, when I'm trying to reinstall the Sims 3 I keep getting the message that the setup detected that version 1.19.044 is already installed, and that this setup installs an earlier version (1.0.631). The message says that I have to uninstall the previous version before installing this one. Problem: I can't find the version that is installed on my computer. Did anyone ever had this problem and knows what the solution is?
  • Options
    Aurora1004Aurora1004 Posts: 78 Member
    edited June 2011
    I ended up having to unistall Everything and reinstalling so we will see when I'm done if it will let me move forward