Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has anyone had any problems with the most recent update

Comments

• Options
    bethiferbethifer Posts: 89
    edited February 2011
    Hey all,

is the update you're all talking about the one that just came out TODAY?

I wasn't sure if was the one that was today or the one that came out with LN. Thanks!
  • Options
    xocaptiveoxxocaptiveox Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited February 2011
    bethifer wrote:
    Hey all,

is the update you're all talking about the one that just came out TODAY?

I wasn't sure if was the one that was today or the one that came out with LN. Thanks!

I believe so, because when I download the link it told me that I have already downloaded that file (referring to the update I downloaded earlier).
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2011
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    anahlahanahlah Posts: 1 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I am getting the same error "base game incompatible..." and I have all the patches. I cannot update it nor can I even run it. It is as if my game is corrupted.
  • Options
    Shelle58704Shelle58704 Posts: 751 Member
    edited February 2011
    MGSFan612 wrote:
    I am getting the message that my base game is incompatible with an expansion
    I had to patch my game before installing. I hope it works. With LN I had to uninstall everything. :evil:
  • Options
    PlayerDogmom4PlayerDogmom4 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2011
    I have not received that message, but what I have been experiencing is crashing. I just enter my save game and like two seconds later it just crashes. I have checked my system against the game requirements and my computer can handle it. So does anyone know what is causing these issues?

I'm having the same issue. I even deleted the town that was crashing. Started a new town, and crashed after 2 seconds in play mode. now i wish i hadn't downloaded the patch that came out today. I also installed Outdoor living right after the patch. Not sure which one is causing it. so as of right now I can not play at all.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2011
    Did you do DEP for OL ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ksreynolds2ksreynolds2 Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I am getting the same message...can't play it all. Was fine until I downloaded today's patch.
  • Options
    ChrisybnmeChrisybnme Posts: 4
    edited February 2011
    I think everyone is having the same problem it is saying the my game base game is incompatiable and i too was having problems with my game crashing. I was really looking forward to playing the game I'm so frustrated. I dont want to reinstall it I lost my base codes I think my kids threw it away :(
  • Options
    katielouise88katielouise88 Posts: 21
    edited February 2011

I just tried updating the new software and right at the end it pops up saying Update Error:invalid file found. I have no mods on my game so what is the issue? So annoying!!
  • Options
    SimGuruBrentSimGuruBrent Posts: 1,025 Member
    edited February 2011
    Hi all, for those of you receiving error messages regarding base game compatibility, you will want to download one of the following depending on which version you are running.

If you are running the DVD version of the game in the US you will want this update:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010001_Update.exe

If you have the DVD Version in Europe:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010002_Update.exe

If you are running the Digital Download version of Base Game:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010017_Update.exe
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Hi all, for those of you receiving error messages regarding base game compatibility, you will want to download one of the following depending on which version you are running.

If you are running the DVD version of the game in the US you will want this update:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010001_Update.exe

If you have the DVD Version in Europe:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010002_Update.exe

If you are running the Digital Download version of Base Game:
    http://akamai.cdn.ea.com/eadownloads/u/f/sims/sims3/patches/TS3_1.19.44.010017_Update.exe
    Tried that, now my launcher won't open at all!! Says there is an error during start up - thing took an hour to download and didn't work...argh!!!
  • Options
    xocaptiveoxxocaptiveox Posts: 1,352 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I have not received that message, but what I have been experiencing is crashing. I just enter my save game and like two seconds later it just crashes. I have checked my system against the game requirements and my computer can handle it. So does anyone know what is causing these issues?

I'm having the same issue. I even deleted the town that was crashing. Started a new town, and crashed after 2 seconds in play mode. now i wish i hadn't downloaded the patch that came out today. I also installed Outdoor living right after the patch. Not sure which one is causing it. so as of right now I can not play at all.

Okay so I followed the instruction in this link and it seems to have fixed my problem.

Link:
    http://help.thesims.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3697

Now everything is back to the way it was before I updated my game and installed OLS. But the trouble with that is I am getting that stupid error code 12. I try as much as possible to save, but I still end up hitting that brick wall that is error code 12 :(

• Options
    edited February 2011
    Hi all, for those that are still receiving incompatibility errors and have tried removing the "version.tag" file from their documents folder as well as updating base game, please post the following information:

• Products installed
    - Base Game
    - World Adventures
    - High-End Loft Stuff
    - Ambitions
    - etc.

• Version of each product which can be found by opening the skuversion.txt file
    - These are located in the corresponding folder for Base Game and/or Expansion Packs and Stuff Packs
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    * Example: C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 Ambitions\Game\Bin\skuversion.txt
    - The important information to include in your post is the first line of the Text document that reads: Gameversion = 1.12.70.006001

The Gameversion number is the important information we will need for each product.

Thanks!
  • Options
    JenieusaJenieusa Posts: 5,142 Member
    edited February 2011
    please remember...you must and yes i say MUST install any new ex...sp...OR patch into and a clean game.....

you need to move your WHOLE Sims 3 folder
    to the desktop...start the launcher...let it update...and allow it to COMPLETELY finish....

the when you done...delete the new Sims
    3 folder made...and insert your old one
    from the desktop....
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    sims 3 1.19.44.010001
    Ambitions 4.7.4.010001
    High end loft 3.2.8.005001
  • Options
    SUSAN1973SUSAN1973 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2011
    yes i am i can not get on my game keeps tell me to update my new game
  • Options
    SUSAN1973SUSAN1973 Posts: 11 New Member
    edited February 2011
    yes i am i can not get on my game keeps tell me to update my new game and i have update it today i was palying it fine lastnight
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    SUSAN1973 wrote:
    yes i am i can not get on my game keeps tell me to update my new game and i have update it today i was palying it fine lastnight

Can you open up the launcher and hover your mouse pointer over the icons in the bottom left corner and post the version number displayed as a tooltip, please?
    sims 3 1.19.44.010001
    Ambitions 4.7.4.010001
    High end loft 3.2.8.005001

Are you experiencing any issues? Your Base Game and Ambitions appear to be up to date.
  • Options
    PlayerDogmom4PlayerDogmom4 Posts: 45 Member
    edited February 2011
    base game:

World Adventures:

High End Loft:

Ambitions:

Fast lane:

Late Night:

Outdoor Living:

I have tried with the DEP and Outdoor Living does not show up to add it.
  • Options
    BafendoBafendo Posts: 2,127 Member
    edited February 2011
    Simprograms link for newest patch. they have links for each part of the patch. http://www.simprograms.com/27854/the-sims-3-game-update-1-192-143-104-75-56-2/

also i don't know if anyone else has this new glitch but since installing the patch none of my sims use their person vehicles or bikes to travel around town. they always use the taxi. this is annoying.
  • Options
    Savlynn_StrifeSavlynn_Strife Posts: 5 New Member
    edited February 2011
    I also had the error message, but I just went out and bought Outdoor Living and installed it, and now I have no trouble. :3
  • Options
    jameesnufferjameesnuffer Posts: 762 New Member
    edited February 2011
    Chrisybnme wrote:
    I think everyone is having the same problem it is saying the my game base game is incompatiable and i too was having problems with my game crashing. I was really looking forward to playing the game I'm so frustrated. I dont want to reinstall it I lost my base codes I think my kids threw it away :(

If you still have it installed on your computer you can retrieve them before you unistall them.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/250736.page
  • Options
    AshleyGenevieveAshleyGenevieve Posts: 3
    edited February 2011
    So how exactly do you reinstall the patches?
  • Options
    allanozzallanozz Posts: 29
    edited February 2011
    Cumulative SP2 Update for The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff - 5.0.44 to 5.5.4

Update Error: Invalid file found.
    The wizard was interrupted before The sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff Could Be Completely patched.