Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who plays sims more more boys or girls?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    Jamesmc93 wrote:
    Maybe there are so many girls on the forums, cause some guys that play it don't want ANYONE else to know-even other sim fans :XD:.

Probably. Guys can be so insecure about their manliness sometimes.

Yeah. But lets face it, the Sims is just as much as a boys game as it is girls. The game isn't manly about building relationships and starting family etc, like someone stated (though I see no why a guy shouldn't enjoy that) Lets not forget, the whole concept of this game was created by a guy. Theres so much to do with it, because its a sandbox. Theres no specific goals for you to follow. You could create any sim you want. A mad-dwag party animal, or a family oriented person. Some simmers play it for the building aspect. (Which is a massive part of the game) some simmers simply play it to mess with their sims lives.

I hate when people genderize games. I know heaps of girls who enjoy COD, or Assassin's Creed etc. Instead I like to split the type of gamers into a particular category.

Example of 3

Hardcore Gammer.

RPGer

Casual (The Sims is Casual)

As for the answer to the topic. Well technically girls, but that wouldn't be the case if people didn't genderise the game, and make fun of guys who are fans.
  • Options
    EverettEverett Posts: 1,117 Member
    edited January 2011
    AthenaOnyx wrote:
    Females seem to be drawn to games that include story telling, like simulation games and rpgs.

True statement. I know quite a few girls who like and enjoy Oblivion and Fallout 3.

As for who plays more, I would say girls do but that does not necessarily mean it is a one-sided gender game to play.
  • Options
    Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:
    Instead I like to split the type of gamers into a particular category.

Example of 3

Hardcore Gammer.

RPGer

Casual (The Sims is Casual)

In all fairness, I think some of those categories can be combined. For example, I'm a pretty casual gamer in almost all aspects (I don't take shooters as seriously as many other people do). However, I do like to RP in RPGs like Oblivion and Fallout. I guess that would upgrade me from casual gamer to RPGer...
  • Options
    blueflame17528blueflame17528 Posts: 1,937 Member
    edited January 2011
    chenmn123 wrote:
    I'm a guy and 2 of my guy friends also play Sims! :mrgreen:

people! stop making threads like this! every day there's a new thread about it! :?

Uhh first one I've seen of it. Besides that stupid one about EA being sexists, but that doesn't exactly count.

And I really think girls play it more, but there definitely isn't a shortage of men playing it.
  • Options
    simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    I don't think they should be combined, I think that people can be in as many catagoreys as they chose. I personaly am in all of them

Oh, I've thought of a 4th one: Stragey Gamers (excuse my spelling :))
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited January 2011
    I know a lot of guys play, but I'd be willing to bet that when it comes to percentages, it's probably like 60/40...60%(girls) and 40%(boys)