Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Who plays sims more more boys or girls?

I was wondering who plays sims more I think girls play it more. I a boy i love sims I also love glee and twilight and I don't like it when people same their only for girls and gays.

Comments

• Options
    PoppyRichardsPoppyRichards Posts: 1,466 Member
    edited January 2011
    Girls do play it more but I don't think it's an inherantly girly game
    2dl3asp.jpg
  • Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm a woman and I'm almost willing to bet that the numbers are fairly close for both sexes. :D
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm a guy and 2 of my guy friends also play Sims! :mrgreen:

people! stop making threads like this! every day there's a new thread about it! :?
  • Options
    BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm a boyish girl haha >w<
  • Options
    keleyakeleya Posts: 7,303 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Well, I'm a guy and I do love TS3, but I don't know anybody else (In my everyday life) who plays.

The Forum is mainly populated by females, though. I think the ratio would be pretty close to 75% Female, 25% Male.
  • Options
    FreoGuy96FreoGuy96 Posts: 43
    edited January 2011
    More girls play tsp on pc but more boys play it on console
  • Options
    Rud3Rud3 Posts: 699
    edited January 2011
    girls id say
  • Options
    simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    I personally think it's not a girls or boys. I mean, back when Sims 1 was around, ALL my brother's friends played and enjoy it. Of course nowdays there are less male players.

I don't know any Male Sims fans and I think this is only because they want to been seen as cool. I mean, I said I love the Sims and I get bagged out for being a Sims fan, and called gay and crap.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:
    I don't know any Male Sims fans and I think this is only because they want to been seen as cool. I mean, I said I love the Sims and I get bagged out for being a Sims fan, and called gay and crap.
    I hate people using 'gay' as a bad word... What the fudge is wrong about it...
    And even worse why are you being gay just because you like playing games o__o all of my little brothers friends and himself play games all the time xD
  • Options
    simo7matesimo7mate Posts: 680
    edited January 2011
    I don't see anything wrong with being gay :) It's not my place to judge what they are attracted too, doesn't really affect me.
  • Options
    ZeriZeri Posts: 15,073 Member
    edited January 2011
    wow this topic seems to come up alot lately. i wonder whats bringing it on?

you dont have to answer to ANYONE about the types of games you play. if you like the sims, then stuff everyone who thinks badly about you for it. its THEIR problem.

• Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I'm a guy and I been playing since I was little. I know about 5 guys who play it and we sit around and talk about it. So I guess it depends on the person.
  • Options
    SimGuy777SimGuy777 Posts: 1,672 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Double Post.
  • Options
    Biotic_WarlockBiotic_Warlock Posts: 11,063 Member
    edited January 2011
    imma boy - if that helps the statistics...

*decends back into shadows*
    Gallery ID: Biotic_Warlock
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    simo7mate wrote:
    I don't see anything wrong with being gay :) It's not my place to judge what they are attracted too, doesn't really affect me.
    Lol I meant I hate those who say something like "ur gay, ur disgusting" :mrgreen: I don't see anything wrong in it either, that's why I hate people that use it as a bad word... So many poor gays out their feel bad about themselves because of it o___o
  • Options
    AthenaOnyxAthenaOnyx Posts: 3,921 Member
    edited January 2011
    I think the game appeals more to females, because it's about relationships (family, romantic, friendship, etc). That's not to say that males don't like the game, and that's not to say that should not like it. I also think that guys are more likely to be a closet simmer than a girls are. But, let's face it there's a heck of a lot closet cases out there when it comes to this game.

Females seem to be drawn to games that include story telling, like simulation games and rpgs. The only games I play are all in that genre. Males tend to be drawn towards more aggressive things like sports, war, etc. But, of course, this is not to say that females can't get into football, and males can't be into a soap opera.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited January 2011
    I think that the game is really for females, I don't know why a guy would want to play it unless they just like to build things. I think that it is like playing with a doll house, only 21 century style. I had a doll house when I was little, but I never had any people to put in it. I had to use hair pins for people, I guess that is why I like Sims I have people to play with.
  • Options
    AlienTwinsAlienTwins Posts: 179 New Member
    edited January 2011
    None of my friends think The Sims is 'gay'. Then again that could be because back in the days of Sims 1 one of my friends created a house with replicas of all of us in it and filled it with recreations of famous hot women. The email thread about that house got very long :)
  • Options
    allysonpainterallysonpainter Posts: 898
    edited January 2011
    I'm a girl, but I don't know any guys personally who play sims. I know some guys on the forums. I think it looks like more girls play because more girls are on the forums.

To the OP, my dad loves Twilight. He has read all the books and watched all the movies and my dad is like a major manly man. :D
  • Options
    lilcasslilcass Posts: 1,543 Member
    edited January 2011
    Can't be determined.
  • Options
    AlienTwinsAlienTwins Posts: 179 New Member
    edited January 2011
    I will say that I think men and women play Sims differently*. I think men play it more as a game, trying to max out their Sims' careers and earn a ton of money and fullfill their LTW and other measurable and achievable goals, within the parameters of the game (limited money, space, etc). Women tend to treat it more as a sandbox, creating their own 'soap opera' as it were, planning out their relationships and their kids and their careers and building nice-looking houses and seeing restrictions such as money, space, free will and other game limitations of more an annoyance than a challenge.

* Note, I am talking about on average here, not all men and all women fall within these stereotypes.
  • Options
    Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited January 2011
    FreoGuy96 wrote:
    I was wondering who plays sims more I think girls play it more. I a boy i love sims I also love glee and twilight and I don't like it when people same their only for girls and gays.

Any "boy" who admits to loving Glee, Twilight, and the Sims isn't a boy.

He is a man. Kudos.
  • Options
    SenkoLightSenkoLight Posts: 3,131 Member
    edited January 2011
    BimleSim wrote:
    simo7mate wrote:
    I hate people using 'gay' as a bad word... What the fudge is wrong about it...
    And even worse why are you being gay just because you like playing games o__o all of my little brothers friends and himself play games all the time xD

I feel the same way about the word "gay". Does that make a female that likes Doom, resident evil or any shooting games gay. People need to get real and stop stereo typing the word.

In my household 2 males play it and me a female. In my daughter's household there is 2 males and 2 females.

This topic has been done to death and I am finding it a ridiculous question to pop up every few days
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited January 2011
    Maybe there are so many girls on the forums, cause some guys that play it don't want ANYONE else to know-even other sim fans :XD:.
  • Options
    Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited January 2011
    Maybe there are so many girls on the forums, cause some guys that play it don't want ANYONE else to know-even other sim fans :XD:.

Probably. Guys can be so insecure about their manliness sometimes.