Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Official petition to close the TS3 Store and put those objects in the game

Comments

• Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2009
    I feel a bit ripped off, Besides don't Maxis/EA or whatever they want to be called bring out expansions left right and center for the sims ?

And on top of that because we all know it will happen ( expansions ) they want us to pay for these items from the store too ?

I think not :(

Signed.

How were you ripped off? They are called EA, because that's who released the game. Maxis is basically no more. Yes, they do plan on releasing expansion packs, but not to the ridiculous point that you are thinking. You act as though Ea is going to make you buy the expansion packs and the content in the store. If you were to just buy the expansion packs, like you've probably done for the other sims games, and forget about the store altogether, chances are you'll forget about the items and won't even miss them. Honestly, they're neat, but none of the items are worth any sort of fuss. EA is in the business to make money. If they can make money through the store and expansion packs, they're going to do that. They're already getting money from the store, so don't expect anything to change there.
  • Options
    SilentskillsSilentskills Posts: 25 New Member
    edited July 2009
    The items they have are rather useless atm.
    I went looking for a decent guitar, and they have nooone.

/Signed
  • Options
    steelerdogsteelerdog Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Totally agree.

/signed
  • Options
    KirwenKirwen Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

It would be nice to have a little more. I know that for everything that became available for Sims 2 was built up to over time - item collections, businesses, pets, etc. But Sims 3 does seem bare compared to even how Sims 2 started out. You also had 3 towns to choose from and then later the university campus, not just the 1 or 2 with Sims 3, depending if you've gotten Riverview.
  • Options
    DeezerQDeezerQ Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed a frustrated European user

I just did the conversion rate for what they'd like us to pay in the Netherlands for that spiffy modern set. It works out to $34 USD. That's what I just paid for the game itself.

It's business models like this that encourage piracy by users.

They've apparently shut out the community developers, too, probably believing that the store would be the only source. If this is it, then I don't think they can count on users staying with the game. It was the expansion packs and community that made it interesting and kept the spirit alive.

EA just made and is now drinking it's own arsenic laced Kool-Aid.

No expansion packs = No more money from me.
    No community development = No more money from me.
  • Options
    Carbonite101Carbonite101 Posts: 411 New Member
    edited July 2009
    signed by Carbonite101
  • Options
    DeezerQDeezerQ Posts: 7 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Well, for you it's apparently $20USD for 2000 points. For me it's the equivalent of $34USD for 2000 points.
    I feel that EA has done a lot with the game. I don't think that it is very easy to create a seamless neighborhood. There is so much customization and so many more little things that make the game worth it and I feel that I don't have the right to complain.

I would never argue or say that I wouldn't love lower prices. But I don't feel over charged. I did some math...
    $20 for 2,000 points equals about 1¢ per point.
    Using that math (feel free to correct me if I am wrong)…
    25 Sim Points = 25¢
    75 Sim Points = 75¢
    100 Sim Points = $1
    To me at least, that is not over-pricing in the very least.
    With $20 I have so far bought 24 items for 1,600 points. Those 24 items have cost me 16 dollars in all.

The Stuff Packs from TS1 have an average of 62 items (This is an accurate average, I actually went through and averaged out all the items in the 9 SP’s [I counted the second Holiday pack but not the first seeing as the second one included the same objects plus some]) costing $20 a piece equals out to be about 32¢ a piece. So, obviously one could easily argue that we are being over-charged in the new game. But in TS2 we could not change the colors of almost every object like we can in TS3 which takes extra time and money to do.

The prices may be a little high, but not outrageously. The game has changed and so have the prices. If you don’t like the price, then don’t pay for it and wait until modders create free content which they’re happy and proud to share. Take advantage of that.
  • Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2009
    I sign.

I think there should have been more choices of hair and clothing styles included in the game. I was very disappointed. :(

Whatever happened to the electric guitar and the piano? I find it very displeasing that only one instrument was included with the game. I know it may sound trivial, but to some of us[ music lovers], it added more fun to the game to have these items. I even miss the option of having a second choice of a telescope!! :( :x :cry:

snuttdi03

• Options
    darkorion69darkorion69 Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

For me custom content for the Sims has always been excellent...but somehow paying for each piece nickel and dime style kills my interest in unique content. I also wonder what will happen if users create their own content and the game starts requiring all custom content be digitally signed by EA...
  • Options
    firedrakegirlsfiredrakegirls Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Down with the store!!!

/signed
  • Options
    toomnykds5toomnykds5 Posts: 68 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I totally agree!
    /signed
  • Options
    SweetBabySweetBaby Posts: 662 New Member
    edited July 2009
    snuttdi wrote:
    I sign.

I think there should have been more choices of hair and clothing styles included in the game. I was very disappointed. :(

Whatever happened to the electric guitar and the piano? I find it very displeasing that only one instrument was included with the game. I know it may sound trivial, but to some of us[ music lovers], it added more fun to the game to have these items. I even miss the option of having a second choice of a telescope!! :( :x :cry:

snuttdi03

I totally agree. I was so disappointed with the limited selection of stuff.

/sign

And give us pianos, electric guitars, bass, drums, hot tubs, etc!!
  • Options
    amakachaoamakachao Posts: 422 New Member
    edited July 2009

use the "store" for sponsor content and advertising.

edit: signed
  • Options
    x_Kinomi_xx_Kinomi_x Posts: 194 New Member
    edited July 2009
    *Signed*

They make us buy the game and now they want us to pay for items to put in it!? It's ridiculous!
    :x
  • Options
    JophetJophet Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I agree with the points which some of you have made, that EA are here to make money. Fine by me. Also, some of you seem happy to pay the prices which have been tagged on to the products offered in the Store. Well, although I personally am not happy with what I see as exorbitant pricings on these items, I am pleased that some of you do not mind.

Maybe this Store/Exchange model is in its infancy (I can't help feeling - and this is my personal point of view - that it all seems implemented in a rushed-last-minute-way) and hopefully, it may evolve into something both useful, more creative and, especially, good value.

I would like to see the option to actually customise or even create items. This system could easily be implemented by the wizards at EA. Even charge me for this download and I will gladly pay; those who aren't interested in making their own items using an easy to use and implemented interface, well, they simply don't have to buy it! I want to create anything and everything: let's say, for instance, a guitar (as many seem disgruntled at the lack of musical items) and then you are able to create its unique shape; the same with items of furniture, clothing and even hairstyles.

This creative model would produce a more diverse world in which our Sims live and, with greater importance, bring a more diverse and creative community to the Sims itself. And all of these items which have been created by Simmers should be available for FREE downloads!

I am not here to promote other games (I am a true lover of the Sims 3, that's for sure) but any of you who may be familiar with the SPORE model will understand exactly what I mean: to be able to create unique items and include them in our own game, free of charge, is priceless. Not only is this a tantalising and creative model for all of us guys, but (in my opinion) I would see it as the producers giving us a friendly clap on the back; saying thanks for buying the game and buying into a community...

You guys at EA: I hope you don't take anything I have said in a wrong manner and no, I'm not angry or upset. Just take some of my ideas - if I can be so bold - into your next meetings and bounce this idea around a bit. You have the potential to create a thriving community that can potentially endure for years to come. It's up to you to plant the seeds now.

Anyway, enough said. Take care, peeps. :wink:
  • Options
    LoreneLorene Posts: 16 New Member
    edited July 2009
    signed :wink:
  • Options
    somerndmguysomerndmguy Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed

I don't buy these items anyway. I get them through other means, if you catch my drift.
  • Options
    Darkneo48Darkneo48 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    YESYESYESYESYESYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant agree more, compared to the sims 2, The Sims 3 is nothing
    SIGNED
    though mabey the store could stay the way it is but stil all current items in the store should be put in game for free, new items can be made and pu in the store afterwards. I DIDDNT PAY 50 DOLLARS TO GET A FEW PIECES OF POOR FUNITURE AND A BASE GAME!
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited July 2009
    Darkneo48 wrote:
    I DIDDNT PAY 50 DOLLARS TO GET A FEW PIECES OF POOR FUNITURE AND A BASE GAME!

That's exactly what you did with Sims 2.
  • Options
    EmilyBeeEmilyBee Posts: 507 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /Emilybee
  • Options
    kamcil19kamcil19 Posts: 10,574 New Member
    edited July 2009
    It makes it so unfair to all those other people right and sometimes the item doesnt even come everything should be free!!! :!:
  • Options
    EvianBubbleEvianBubble Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    /signed EvianBubble

I totally agree
  • Options
    robpoidarobpoida Posts: 21 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Haven't bought a thing from the store since my free points ran out. Total boycot(sp?), definate signage from me.
  • Options
    Baseball6Baseball6 Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Not having items from the store gets really annoying!! You can't download half the stuff on the exchange!
  • Options
    JUSTIN007JUSTIN007 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Who needs the store
    /signed JUSTIN007