Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EXCHANGE PROBLEMS

Soooo, how many of us are having problems viewing any current items on the exchange? Can anyone view, download, etc. from the exchange? It seems that the exchange has been frozen sometime since 12/20/2010!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    MilliebonMilliebon Posts: 308 Member
    edited December 2010
    The lots exchange has not worked for several days. There is no point in uploading a lot because it goes no where. Not sure why they can't fix it. Seems like the week after Christmas is a bad time for it not to work with all the people out of school, work, etc. with new expansions etc. Please fix.
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited December 2010
    I know, I hate it! I made a sim a few days ago, and didn't make a thread for her, and she's only gotten a single dl and 2 rec's (probably from sim friends). I want it updated, it's been long enough!
  • Options
    simsgal2227simsgal2227 Posts: 12,279 Member
    edited December 2010
    Bump-who else is annoyed :roll: ?
  • Options
    edlynnedlynn Posts: 17
    edited December 2010
    ME! :cry: It's totally saddening that we cannot download new creations for our sims this Christmas. I tried even using different computers and still creations stop since 12/20/10. Hope they do realize and get this fixed real soon.
  • Options
    luv4gaj9700luv4gaj9700 Posts: 288 New Member
    edited December 2010
    If they don't realize this then it is a very sad thing. I don't understand why it's so hard for them to keep this site running correctly with all the money EA makes. The sims 3 is said to be the highest grossing pc game of all time. Then why don't EA use some of that money and hire some people to keep up this website. It's ridiculous and EA should be embarrassed. :evil:
  • Options
    edlynnedlynn Posts: 17
    edited December 2010
    BUMP!! Please fix please fix ):
  • Options
    Ashcroft31Ashcroft31 Posts: 1,154 New Member
    edited December 2010
    well your lucky to even get anything uploaded to the exchange, me i've been trying for the past couple of day's and i'm getting system errors occured and already uploaded but not showing up in my studio there

so i'm guessing they're updating or something which has knocked out the main exchange there

• Options
    TEXASKITTYKATTEXASKITTYKAT Posts: 5,909 Member
    edited December 2010
    The last e-mail from EA stated that EA didn't know when it would be fixed because they have to investigate it (EA's database) and wasn't sure how long it would take to do so. Weellll, so far the exchange has been stuck for 9 days!!!! :( Hoping they have it fixed for the new year.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Well fellow simmers, I just got off the phone with Andrew at EA who stated that "there is technically NOTHING EA can do". He stated "it is now up to the developers & webmaster to try to find a solution" for the exchange problem. He stated that maybe "someone may have uploaded a virus along with one of their creations" but really wasn't sure what the problem is or how to fix it. All he could recommend is that we "should just keep checking on it to see if it ever gets resolved". He did say to keep posting on the forum because "the developers & webmaster read the posts on the forum". Hopefully they will see this and the exchange issues will be resolved for the new year!
  • Options
    MilliebonMilliebon Posts: 308 Member
    edited December 2010
    Bump for all you EA techies that we would appreciate a fix for the exchange which has not worked since Dec. 20. Please fix for us so we can share our creations.
  • Options
    shelwassshelwass Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yep...I can't even upload Sims. I've been trying to last two days for a contest, but the only thing I can upload seems to be images.
  • Options
    Moo1117Moo1117 Posts: 4
    edited December 2010
    I just started playing Sims 3, and i thought it was only me, but i guess the exchange generally isn't working, :( aw man i hope they fix this soon...
    i want items from the exchange!
  • Options
    MrsClarkeMrsClarke Posts: 34
    edited December 2010
    This is ridiculous.It doesn't seem like a priority to them at all. I fully agree w/ luv4gaj9700, if this is the highest grossing game, why cant they keep this site/game running correctly? These games aren't cheap and I'm starting to feel like it just isn't worth all the glitches and poor service. They have our money though, so they could care less. :x
  • Options
    luv4gaj9700luv4gaj9700 Posts: 288 New Member
    edited December 2010
    That was a HORRIBLE response from EA. So basically the exchange is just borked until some webmaster decides to check out the posts? I can't tell you how unacceptable that is. We as consumers have spent a lot of money on these games and I and I'm sure many others have spent a ton of money on simpoints and this is how we are repaid? Not one guru has posted even the tiniest response as of yet. I'm sorry but I'm not understanding this. Whatever happened to customer satisfaction? SMH :(
  • Options
    SassyPenguin96SassyPenguin96 Posts: 208 Member
    edited December 2010
    I was able to get all sorts of things from the exchange just now, I don't upload any of my creations onto the site as of yet, so I don't know if its been fixed? I am just letting you know, I was able to get stuff.... so maybe it was fixed?
  • Options
    mehefin1mehefin1 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited December 2010
    I really would like to download stuff from the exchange but can't. Not working since 20th Dec, come on EA, you really must look after us! :(
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ok well i've just been mooching through the exchange and came across this http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=3521381

whats your thoughts! possible cause?

everyone's opinions on it,

in the meantime i have reported it using the report button there

• Options
    LilZairaGraceLilZairaGrace Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited January 2011
    Well fellow simmers, I just got off the phone with Andrew at EA who stated that "there is technically NOTHING EA can do". He stated "it is now up to the developers & webmaster to try to find a solution" for the exchange problem. He stated that maybe "someone may have uploaded a virus along with one of their creations" but really wasn't sure what the problem is or how to fix it. All he could recommend is that we "should just keep checking on it to see if it ever gets resolved". He did say to keep posting on the forum because "the developers & webmaster read the posts on the forum". Hopefully they will see this and the exchange issues will be resolved for the new year!

Thanks for posting this!
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited January 2011
    newest uploads do not show on exchange but I can download still :D
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    EmeraldRubyEmeraldRuby Posts: 3,842 Member
    edited January 2011
    been like it for a few weeks now. Contacted ea support on it. They said what they always say...

"Ea know the problem and are trying to fix it.." Blah!

• Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    edited January 2011
    This is beyond stupid! I am going to peoples studios or threads on various forums. I find a few things, but not much. I am addicted to downloading from the Exchange. :lol:

Ashcroft31, the person who uploaded that sim has some bad cc and it came up with that sim. I know because I just went through much work to get rid of bad cc from my game. I found a thread and links to guide me in removing it. In the end, the bad cc and what I had to do to get rid of it, took some items I really liked out of my game. /sigh But even so, it was worth the loss to get rid of the bad stuff.

:roll: Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Weeelllll, after approximately 2 WEEKS OF EXCHANGE PROBLEMS the kids left to play Farmville & other games that don't have all this mess with their sites. <sigh> Sorry to say that even some of the talented writers & designers are also taking time outs from TS3 :(
  • Options
    EmeraldRubyEmeraldRuby Posts: 3,842 Member
    edited January 2011
    Storyboards are also mucked up!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    ok now i'm bouncing between this forum and technical posting updates about the exchange malfunctioning, i have been talking with technical support over the past few day's about this and all i can say is the toplevel engineers have been called in to look into the matter,

but however the expression needle in a haystack right now springs to mind, which thats what it is like for those guys trying to find the source of the fault to resolve the malfunction,

so for now we'll just have to sit and wait to see what the outcome is of this whether it's a full backup recovery or just a minor item that was uploaded thats cause the exchange shutdown.

so, only time will tell from here on, and i have had no updates from the level 3 team of any progress in the matter but i'll keep everyone posted the second i get anything k

so hang in there that's all