Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sign Language

Hello this is just an idea. Please don't be mean i'm not trying to offend anyone.
This is an idea since deafness is not considered handicap it is in no way a handicap. Before you say something negative please note I have several deaf acquaintances and i'm trying to learn sign language at the moment. Sign language is worldwide wouldn't it be nice to have sign language in the sims?
It could possibly be a trait to where either your sim is deaf or has a knack for sign language like fishing and such. The sims already use many hand gesture though their not really handgestures but can easily be made into them. This could bring a new outlook on the sims. Bring awareness to the deaf as many do not consider an actual language. The deaf can do anything a normal sim could do but possibly in a different way.
This was not a well thought out idea and thread but ya get the jist of it. :D

Comments

• Options
    dylsoccer12dylsoccer12 Posts: 9,357 New Member
    edited December 2010
    BGateGWayB wrote:
    Hello this is just an idea. Please don't be mean i'm not trying to offend anyone.
    This is an idea since deafness is not considered handicap it is in no way a handicap. Before you say something negative please note I have several deaf acquaintances and i'm trying to learn sign language at the moment. Sign language is worldwide wouldn't it be nice to have sign language in the sims?
    It could possibly be a trait to where either your sim is deaf or has a knack for sign language like fishing and such. The sims already use many hand gesture though their not really handgestures but can easily be made into them. This could bring a new outlook on the sims. Bring awareness to the deaf as many do not consider an actual language. The deaf can do anything a normal sim could do but possibly in a different way.

This is an intersting Idea but I cant say EA would make it.
  • Options
    BGateGWayBBGateGWayB Posts: 3,828 Member
    edited December 2010
    BGateGWayB wrote:

This is an intersting Idea but I cant say EA would make it.
    Yeah I know :(
    You can only hope.
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    edited December 2010
    BGateGWayB wrote:
    Sign language is worldwide wouldn't it be nice to have sign language in the sims?
    Actually it isn't worldwide at all. Sign languages are just as different from country to country as spoken languages. (I am not capable of communicating with deaf people in sign language myself. But I have been told by Danish deaf people and sign language interpreters that they can't communicate in sign language with people from other countries because the sign languages are different.)

I think that EA would include blind Sims in the game before deaf Sims. So I don't think that it is very likely that EA will use your idea. The problem with it is that not many people would find it interesting. To be interested in sign languages is just too special to be included into the game.
  • Options
    pokemonmewmewpokemonmewmew Posts: 4
    edited April 2014
    Ya. different counties have different sign languages as they do speaking. I know ASL (American Sign Language) and it is different than what people in England speak. but it would be very cool to see simlish signing. :)
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,288 Member
    edited April 2014
    Ya. different counties have different sign languages as they do speaking. I know ASL (American Sign Language) and it is different than what people in England speak. but it would be very cool to see simlish signing. :)

Hello and welcome to the forums... :D

This thread was from 4 years ago. Why resurrect an old dead buried thread?
  • Options
    MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member
    edited April 2014
    BGateGWayB wrote:

I have to agree with dylsoccer that I don't think it would be included but it is an interesting idea.
  • Options
    Kellieann123Kellieann123 Posts: 507 Member
    edited April 2014
    My parents are deaf,so this is a cool idea but I don't think it fits into the sims.