Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims ( Medieval ) Official Website Has Been Updated!!!

http://www.ea.com/the-sims-medieval

NEW TRAILER.
MORE INFO.
MORE PICTURES.

HURRY UP AND TAKE A LOOK, THIS WORTH IT :shock: :-o

Comments

• Options
    maglcmaglc Posts: 1,921 New Member
    edited December 2010
    DING **** :):D:(:mrgreen: :-o :?: 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :? :idea: :arrow: :hunf: :-( :XD: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :|

What is The Sims Medieval?

Developed by the award-winning The Sims studio, The Sims Medieval is a new stand-alone game offering a fresh setting, a new look, an exciting new set of features gameplay mechanics, and all-new features.

The Sims Medieval lets you experience the medieval era with Sims you create and control: kings, queens, knights, wizards, spies, blacksmiths, merchants, bards and many more. You will create heroes, choose quests, build your kingdom, and create epic tales full of drama, romance, conflict and comedy.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    This game seems very new and different for The Sims. Why make such a big change?

Because to create a game devoted to the medieval age, we needed to create a new art style, new features, new stories and new ways to interact with your Sims.

Let’s start with the art. The world we’ve created is more stylized and painterly. It’s a bit more moody and dramatic. Where The Sims 3 is designed to represent modern life, we wanted our game to be more dramatic, romantic and slightly fantastic. We have cultivated a more illustrative look, with textures meant to look hand-painted, and objects and outfits mean to look handcrafted.

We didn’t want to allow out-of-place objects, either for their looks or function, into the game. The game play is geared around the professions of the Hero Sims, as are the objects—from the monarch’s throne to the blacksmith’s forge. Objects from contemporary Sims games would not match the art style, and most of them would not fit into the time period.

The Sims themselves look and act in ways suited to the medieval period.. Not only does the clothing have a handcrafted look, but the traits of the Sims themselves suit the time period, from Chivalrous to Cruel, Adventurous to Cowardly. Medieval Sims have two regular traits and a Fatal Flaw. You can send them on Quests to convert their Fatal Flaw into a Legendary Trait.

And lastly, we want the kingdom itself to play a role in the storytelling. We wanted players to be able to build up a kingdom and make important decisions about how to do that. That was the basis for the feature we call Kingdom Ambitions, which is exactly what it sounds like. You decide for your kingdom what it long-term ambition should be –from amassing riches, to conquering neighbouring territories, to developing in the most buildings and Heroes – and how to go about achieving that. Part of that means bringing in new Hero Sims and their buildings as the game goes on that fit specialized roles in the medieval world.

• Options
    MarahGMarahG Posts: 1,387 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Cool thanks for the info. I can't believe they showed the pit monster, that was supposed to be a surprise. :(
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    What are the features of The Sims Medieval?

Built with next-gen Sims tech and features

* A world of Sims filled with stories, adventures, romance, drama and comedy
    * Enhanced environment and character graphics, lighting, and gameplay

Rich dramatic medieval setting

* Experience epic stories of the age, full of drama, fantasy, conflict, comedy, romance, and intrigue

Heroes

* Create Hero Sims and build up their skills and send them on epic quests

Quests

* Drive your kingdom’s story - Good or evil, cruel or kind, romantic or warlike

Kingdom Building

* Start with an empty field and build up your kingdom, deciding its ultimate ambition and working to achieve its destiny

Diving in a bit deeper:

* The Sims Medieval offers Achievements to reward you for your skill in reaching your ambitions and completing your Quests.
    * The Sims Medieval allows you to play every Hero Sim in your kingdom, not just the Sims in one household.
    * There is a magic system, and your wizard will learn a variety of powerful spells.
    * There is a crafting system, allowing your blacksmith to forge weapons of varying quality and physician to create cures for a variety of ailments.
    * There is a diplomatic system, allowing you to negotiate trade and declare war on surrounding kingdom.
    * The objects your Sims will interact with rangefrom profession-oriented objects like the Blacksmith's forge and anvil and the Physician’s operating table to medieval food-preparation objects such as a roasting spit and cook-pot hanging over a fire.
    * The buildings are custom-crafted for each profession, from the Monarch’s Great Hall in the castle to the Tavern for the Bard to the Wizard’s Tower.
    * The art style is painterly, with a hand-crafted look to befit the medieval setting.
    * And yes, there is fishing.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    What is the release date?
    March 2011

:shock:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
  • Options
    LRM09LRM09 Posts: 6,235 Member
    edited December 2010
    Now this looks great :D..thanks for the info..
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited December 2010
    Thank you for posting... I have a feeling my regular simmies are going to feel all lonely and abandoned for a while this spring lol
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2010
    I just hate that this game has an end to it. :( I wish it were more open ended, although it is looking better and better.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited December 2010
    By the way I notice that on the site it says an all new "base game", does that mean they may make expansions to it?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    By the way I notice that on the site it says an all new "base game", does that mean they may make expansions to it?

:shock: I hope not...

• Options
    Rhett9Rhett9 Posts: 9,870 Member
    edited December 2010
    I so want this game.
  • Options
    The_Purple_PlumbobThe_Purple_Plumbob Posts: 11,250 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for posting, I was wanting to see more info for this.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Cool they have a Create-a-Style tool for customizing furniture.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited December 2010
    Not really a fan of "medieval" but I'll probably buy it anyways lol
  • Options
    SR_in_SimmerlandSR_in_Simmerland Posts: 4,083 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for psoting. Seems very cool, maybe i will get it...
  • Options
    AssimuloAssimulo Posts: 1,322 Member
    edited December 2010
    Does this mean that all of the stuff I bought is going to become obsolete? Are there going to be more expansions for the Sims 3 after this game comes out? :(
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Assimulo wrote:
    Does this mean that all of the stuff I bought is going to become obsolete? Are there going to be more expansions for the Sims 3 after this game comes out? :(

The Sims Medieval is a stand alone game and is not apart of The Sims 3. When The Sims medieval comes out The Sims 3 series will still continue as usual.
  • Options
    lilmissy1455lilmissy1455 Posts: 82 New Member
    edited December 2010
    That looks fantastic! I can't wait to play it.
  • Options
    oklahomabelleoklahomabelle Posts: 514 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Thanks for posting this! :D
  • Options
    CouriervaughanCouriervaughan Posts: 20,570 Member
    edited December 2010
    Cool and thank for info
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    BUmP!
  • Options
    TDC95TDC95 Posts: 4,942 Member
    edited December 2010
    i still think a 1700s one would be better :?
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited December 2010
    Lack of build mode and free play still kills it for me. :/

Would have been amazing if this was a simulator. But, the sims is all about objectives now. So I guess making it an rpg fits with what EA wants out of the sims.

• Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited December 2010
    it looks very... not simmish... :|