Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moon Base Charlie /Moon Base Delta w/Sims

Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Hi.... again.

They'rrrrrre back~ smiley-scared001.gif

Large World- 45MB/48MB
WA/AMB/LN- Free Store items :)

Moon Base Charlie II
7ca0da59.png

Moon Base Delta- Populated
5287f475.png

Large World- 2048x2048
Number of Lots: 97 =Comm: 55/Res: 42
Tech: WA/Amb/LN needed. Plus EV Pack free from EA- linked below.
(Populated= 14 Lots/28 Sims)

ef636da5.jpg

138555e8.jpg

0265169c.jpg

87a6881c.jpg

a2e8367b.jpg

10fd03c4.jpg

:mrgreen:

You need the EV Pack free from EA
Thumbnail_128x128.png
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    RukayaRukaya Posts: 2,553 Member
    edited December 2010
    Looks great. Is this the final version or is it for testing. In anycase great job. :D
  • Options
    Calimero2000Calimero2000 Posts: 1,007 New Member
    edited December 2010
    It looks brilliant, I might download it later. :mrgreen:

Happy Simming,
    Calimero :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited December 2010
    Okay downloading and testing.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay ran into a little bit of "something" at the club called Subway Station. In the basement of it, the modern looking part, there is constant flashing. I guess it's a strobe light. I guess this light may be in Bridgeport clubs, too but I've never noticed it before because I've not yet seen before the effect it's having in the room it's in. I can't even really locate which light it is but the flashing is really harsh on the eyes. It 🐸🐸🐸🐸 out the whole room. Kind of seizure inducing. :wink:

There was also a momentary lag when my Sim stepped into that room. Not sure what's going on. It's getting close to closing time and my sim hasn't been in there very long so I will have to come back another sim day and test that club.

I love what you did with the subways. The moon world looks as awesome as I remembered it and THEN some! So far I'm in my old dome home just making sure it still works. Apparently it does. I can still garden in there.

Update on Strobe Light...I found one and set it to turn off for the whole lot and that ended the problem for me personally. By personally I mean it was hurting my vision but may not bother someone else. So you can leave it in since the end user Can turn it off annd it's not a glitch. I continue toget a periodic lag of a second or two as I'm on that lot. In case you're wondering I'm still with the same sim since I posted this but I had paused to walk my dog.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited December 2010
    Ack, didn't realize you had started this thread already. Check your mail at CS3 as I have found route failure from the food dome to the science center. Details in the pm.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    The pausing got really bad as my sim stayed on that Subway Station lot until closing time. It would freeze only for a couple of seconds or so but it was freezing approximately every 10 seconds! The freezing continued as my sim made her way to her home lot and then stopped. She slept, showered, ate normally and is now back in the Diner. I'm going to try and see what route failure DD is talking about and see if I can recreate it.

Anyway I think there was something on the club lot causing the freezing because it diminished then so far has disappeared off that lot. This all so far has transpired half a sim day into this world.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    @ SS86 - Let your sim collect insects in the food dome, then queue up donate insects at the science center. Route failure should occur. I ended up having to use "go here" about halfway down to the science center to get the queued donate action to work. There wasn't a problem having the sim leave the food dome to go to the diner, only to the science center.

I'll check out the subway station side with the strobe light again but I didn't have any freezing while in the club last time I was there.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Second visit, same sim. She was making out with the vampire bouncer in the hot tub and was set to woohoo but it got to be closing time and the game is frozen. I can actually hear the sounds of the club on the speakers as I type this.

My sim is wearing a cc blush, package content, that has not given me any trouble in Bridgeport or at any other time in the game, so I'll venture to say it's not the cc but just in case I'm going to exit and do a fresh reload with no cc at all in any of my files. My only other CC is contact lenses, and two hairs based off the store hair. All CC was tested okay prior but just in case...I'm pitching it.

I was able to recreate the route fail DD was talking about. Oddly enough my sim could walk onto that science lot from the food dome but only en route to the Subway Station club.

Edit to add I do not use mods or anything other than the blush and two hairs and cc and only one sim is wearing the blush, currently and another in town has the hair and contact lenses.

Sorry DD I was unclear, I was only in the diner to eat. I understand you meant the food dome. I got the route fail even without trying to collect bugs. Sim simply can't go from dome to sci center.
  • Options
    Rflong13Rflong13 Posts: 682 Member
    edited December 2010
    Hi, Ladies :mrgreen:

Sorry it took me so long to get back here. Thanks for finding two of the problems. I knew you all could help.

Now, it see if I can fix them. ...on hold... 8)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay. I could not get the game to "unhang" so I CTRL ALT DEL to get task manager to close it. I am in the process of getting a brand spanking new The Sims 3 folder clear of all CC--it was just 4 items as I stated and will purge the two sims that were wearing the items and test with fresh no cc at all anywhere game. They worked before but hey we just got a new patch and who knows what borkage has resulted on CC. Sorry I didn't think to remove them before.

I have to go pick up my kid from school after I finish setting up. When I resume testing I'll be using a different house under a dome and a different sim. I'll be testing the remaining public areas that I hadn't gotten to yet and if I get a chance tonight I'll try to travel. I can't believe how little I've accomplished in a whole day here but with the dog and cats and coffee disaster and phone calls my day wasn't as uninterrupted as I could have hoped for. :? I also didn't have a full library of test sims to stick in there but I do now so that should make things go faster from here on out.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay. I could not get the game to "unhang" so I CTRL ALT DEL to get task manager to close it. I am in the process of getting a brand spanking new The Sims 3 folder clear of all CC--it was just 4 items as I stated and will purge the two sims that were wearing the items and test with fresh no cc at all anywhere game. They worked before but hey we just got a new patch and who knows what borkage has resulted on CC. Sorry I didn't think to remove them before.

I have to go pick up my kid from school after I finish setting up. When I resume testing I'll be using a different house under a dome and a different sim. I'll be testing the remaining public areas that I hadn't gotten to yet and if I get a chance tonight I'll try to travel. I can't believe how little I've accomplished in a whole day here but with the dog and cats and coffee disaster and phone calls my day wasn't as uninterrupted as I could have hoped for. :? I also didn't have a full library of test sims to stick in there but I do now so that should make things go faster from here on out.

Ew... terrible. I only played it for a few Sim days last night- 3 times. :lol:

I really doubt it's your CC.
    I wonder what is wrong with the club? Strange. I'm removing the Station and lights :D and will try it again.
    Gonna redo the Dome at the Science Center. I didn't change it when switching to the new domes like I did the rest.

• Options
    edited December 2010
    Hi, Rukaya

Yes, it's in testing. :mrgreen:

It looks brilliant, I might download it later. :mrgreen:

Happy Simming,
    Calimero :mrgreen:

Hi, Calimero :mrgreen:

Yeah, not just yet. :D
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I'm back and back to test in just a minute. Sorry I got caught up having to walk the dog YET AGAIN :roll: and run some spelling lessons with my daughter.

Well I need DD to test the club too but I really can't risk it being my CC so I am going to do a clean slate test. I just hope nothing corrupted beyond the Documents/The Sims 3 folder level when I had to shut down due to the hang. I guess we'll find out in a minute. I'll leave this page open so I can report as I play.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited December 2010
    I tried to grab it to test but the file is set to private. Have you closed testing for the time being Rflong ?
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Pary wrote:
    I tried to grab it to test but the file is set to private. Have you closed testing for the time being Rflong ?

Hi, Pary :mrgreen:
    I did take it down because of the freeze. I hope to have the next test version tonight. I want to run it a little first. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Okay so far with the clean slate test sim the club seems to be working just fine! I even went and turned off the strobe lights this time as I did last time just to make sure I was repeating what I did before. I have a male sim this time. No vampire bouncers this time around. And the bartender here now is horribly incompetent! LOL!

PS I feel terrible if my CC was the cause and borked up the testing. So sorry. I should never test with CC in. I think the last patch maybe rendered the blush messy? Or it could have just been a botched installation. I won't know unless I try to put the CC back in and test it with that in again. No sense doing that for your purposes though. That would just be so I know if my CC is bad. It was a Sarah Michelle Gellar face mask blush by Wil Stefan of MTS for his SMG sim that I was using on my updated Buffy Summers Sim.
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited December 2010
    Yes, you should always remove any CC or Mods before testing and delete all of the cache files as well. :wink:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Blue Test home has pots of ivy instead of sinks in its bathrooms. :shock:
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Yes, you should always remove any CC or Mods before testing and delete all of the cache files as well. :wink:
    Truly, indeed. I had left it all in because it was all running fine for many sim hours in Winter Wonderland and Bridgeport. Even after the patch in those worlds. But you are right and I have a totally brand new The Sims 3 folder and I only migrated over a library and Saved Sims folder that was purged of sims wearing CC. It was just two sims, thankfully.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Blue Test home has pots of ivy instead of sinks in its bathrooms. :shock:

No, I still don't think it's the CC. I have a few pauses, too. Nothing major but I've redone the fishing Dome and the Club.
    I haven't noticed any pauses this time but I also didn't see any insects spawning in the new domes. This is not good... I did add pigeons so now I'm going to remove them and hope I get the insects back. :shock:

*and the Men's urinal at the Park was tossing a path error. :lol:

*Oh, and I didn't use many sinks- water is very limited. ;)

*The dig lot will spawn 2 dig sites but it takes a day or two.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    When you have the pauses in the club, can you give me a brief sequence of events on what you did in there? And what house was your sim living in who was active at the time of the pauses.

My prior test sim was in my Dome house that I made for you. My current one resides at Blue Test house. Other differences are a vehicle--I had a Renault Twizzy before and now I have a Fast Lane formula race car--the fastest most expensive one.

Yet another difference this time around--no vampires in the club at all. Last time there was a bouncer who was a vamp. So far I have run across only ONE patron in two visits to the club.

I can't recall what the patch was supposed to do but wasn't it supposed to stop patrons from woohooing bouncers in hot tubs? I wish I could remember. Anyway that is exactly what my sim was doing when I had the big freeze last time that ended my session.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    ~She was living in one of the two starters, no car, a job at the Movie Set. The pauses weren't long nor at club. She didn't do any woohooing of the bouncers. She did pop out of the hot tub (reset) on an outing at the club... scared me. This was this morning.
    I had her at the club today but not on an outing she was hanging with a guy she met at the club today and no pauses or jumping while they chatted in the hot tub(which is all they did on the outing)

This was before changing the doors on the outside entry ways. I think it was confusing the visitors because they were blocked from entering... With the arches they walk right inside. :)

I saw a Vampire today- non at the club but the one... well, the outing was with her Vampire boss. If it means anything. I haven't seen any Sims go into the Medieval Club. :)

I also played three families today in different houses. Fire fighter, ghost hunter, cook- but only for a Sim day.
    I am worried about my insects no spawning. :(

I didn't patch.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Testing #2

http://www.mediafire.com/?39e3hjaacd8vtha

I also expanded the Gym- there's a Martial Arts section now. :)

*Oh, I
    ~ re-sculpted the Food Dome and rebuilt the whole lot.
    ~ removed the Station from the Station Club and removed the strobe lights.
    ~ checked out all the routing paint... and stuff. ;)

**I also have the wrong doors on the bathrooms at the new Food Dome. :lol:
    so, pink is men and blue is female. ;)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Had to get dinner and take care of a few things but I've just dl'd the new file and am getting ready to test.

I'm glad you put a martial arts section in the gym, Rflong. One of the sims I'm using in MBC seems to regularly have the opportunity come up to learn the skill for his job. I know I need to also travel from MBC for test purposes but sure don't travel much outside of testing anymore.

I was also going to ask you how does one set the type of music that is going to play on one of those wall speakers? When I went to the side with the strobe it was playing classical music, which just didn't gel with the surroundings. I couldn't figure out how you set the genre that will play, so how is it done? You might have changed that in this version but I'ld still like to know how to do it. I miss the way the TS2 guides used to spell things like that out. Sometimes I feel so darn dense with the hit and miss method :)
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    I didn't even think to try and set the music. (I'm used to picking the music like TS2 also) :lol:
    I think you just click on it, like the effects machine- maybe?

~Oh, my Sim did make out with the Bartender last night (in the hot tub). Also stole their clothes! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top