Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I think it the sims 3 team

who are to blame for the glitches and not EA

Comments

• Options
    AngieBastienAngieBastien Posts: 3,003 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I feel its Ea :oops:

I didn't realize maxis was no more..

Disregard my newb ea post above lol
  • Options
    ThisSIMisCrazedThisSIMisCrazed Posts: 3,719 Member
    edited November 2010
    Uh, The Sims 3 Team is EA.
  • Options
    CaptainJammyCaptainJammy Posts: 194 New Member
    edited November 2010
    The Sims team is EA, Maxis no longer work on the game so it's all EA now. Hence the rubbish patches and millions of glitches. :wink:
  • Options
    XxCookieDoughxXXxCookieDoughxX Posts: 1,118 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I really miss Maxis. Has anyone else noticed the 'heart' has been sucked right outta the games since they left? I do... :oops:
  • Options
    CaptainJammyCaptainJammy Posts: 194 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Yeah, I really miss Maxis. Has anyone else noticed the 'heart' has been sucked right outta the games since they left? I do... :oops:

Yes I miss the funny Easter eggs like Will Wright the giant.
  • Options
    paco1200paco1200 Posts: 8,648 New Member
    edited November 2010
    ^
    :lol:
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited November 2010
    EA management sets the amount of time the developers have to work on the game. EA management determines if beta-testing is done in-house [always foolish] or by a reputable third party. EA management determines how long a game is beta-tested. EA management determines how many programmers are assigned to catch bugs. EA management determines how many programmers are assigned to fix bugs.

EA management hires the programmers for the game. If the programmers of TS3 are really that incompetent, then it is up to EA management to replace them.

But the truth is that EA did fire all the people who programed the TS3 base game - because they were too expensive. So we have younger, less skilled programmers working with an unfamiliar base code making all the EPs. Of course there are bugs.

But it is silly to blame the workers - it is EA management who put them in that position.

This is what EA does - this their standard operating procedure. And this is why EA has lost money for the last thirteen quarters in a row. That is over 3 years of loses, people! So EA management is incompetant and I wish the shareholders would fire them. Or that another company - one that actually cares about the games they make - would buy them up and take over.

Do a little research on the internet - the many ways that EA managemnt fails are epic in proportion.
  • Options
    XxCookieDoughxXXxCookieDoughxX Posts: 1,118 New Member
    edited November 2010

This may sound stoopid, but did Will Wright work on TS3? If he did, he probably got chewed on by the EA zombies and become one of them. :shock:

LOL... That just reminded me! Anyone played the Simpsons game? "I'm Will Wright, B*tch!"
  • Options
    anoela1336anoela1336 Posts: 4,207 New Member
    edited November 2010

:lol:
  • Options
    planieguyplanieguy Posts: 228 Member
    edited November 2010

This may sound stoopid, but did Will Wright work on TS3? If he did, he probably got chewed on by the EA zombies and become one of them. :shock:

LOL... That just reminded me! Anyone played the Simpsons game? "I'm Will Wright, B*tch!"

Nope, he didn't work on TS2 very much either.

Maxis started working on Spore around about 2005. Spore came out in 2008, a year or so later and Will Wright left Maxis.

Now he's part of 'The Stupid Fun Club' and Maxis is working on DarkSpore (which looks meh..)
  • Options
    SecularTheocracySecularTheocracy Posts: 232 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Hate to break in on the nostalgia, but there were about ten s&%tloads of glitches when Maxis ran the show, too.

Will Wright's always been good with ideas, not so good with actually making them work.

Would be nice if, for the next numbered game, they axed everyone who worked on The Sims 1, 2, and 3, and brought in people with experience making actual games that work.