Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

~Winter Wonderland~

Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,590 Member
edited February 26 in Nominated Threads
Hello again, :mrgreen:

A lot of people have contributed Buildings, Houses, and Sims for Winter Wonderland.

Large Map
74.7MB
75 Lots- including Terminals
Requires All Expansion/Store stuff- WA/Amb/LN- Free Store Stuff:Riverview/EV Renault Pack/Both Holiday Stuff

**Important~ Do not play and then go to another World to play. Close down the game and then you can restart the game to play another world. This goes for Playing another world and going into this one. The trees will carry over- you will have white trees in the green worlds or green trees in this white world...It isn't permanent but seems to be a cache thing**

Winter Wonderland Download
large.jpg
Now on the Exchange (click on picture) :shock:

SAVE FILE:
http://www.mediafire.com/?2o5oworvhhomlod
It is in winrar format- extract and place in (My)Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Saves

WINTER WONDERLAND_lite files
http://www.mediafire.com/?yj08pisis38o9np
Download, unpackage with Winrar or 7zip. Place the extracted file in (My)Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/The Sims 3 Create A World Tool/UserToolData/Worlds
~I left the trees, rocks, and waterfall- MrCrumplebottoms recolored Distant Terrain is also included~ I believe it's Egypt.

A Small Movie

Click on picture for link
The Free Christmas stuff is necessary ................Renault EV Pack .......... Riverview
Thumbnail_300x300.jpg"width=150"Thumbnail_128x128.pngSmall_Screenshot_1_201X120.jpg

..... Error~ must import proper Names with Houses ..... ;)

Snuttdi's Studio -Houses
Writin_Reg's Studio -Sims & Houses
HollyZee's Studio - Sims
SummerSong86's Studio- Lots & Sims
Demented76's Studio- Lots
HappySimmer3's Studio- Lots & Sims
Conorsim's Studio- Lots
dash3001's Studio- Lots
Clayworld's Studio- Lots & Sim
DarkMirage's Studio- Lot
Johnnywr- Lot

Gurra- Lots
Dantes- Lots

If I missed you please link me... I don't keep good notes. :D

screenshot_original.jpg"width=650"

screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"

Custom items used: (I'm looking for links)
Simsimillian sidewalk tile: sidewalk http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=392122
Drowssap's snow tire road: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/205736.page
Craked ice- modthesims?:
Regina's water paint: http://bogsims.com/sims3/regina/misc/create-a-world-custompaints-01.htm
Water_cat1 roads: http://www.customsims3.com/smf/index.php?topic=1853.0
My Textures:
Snow_drifts.png"width=200"Rflong_snow_dk.png"width=200"Rflong_frozen_ice.png"width=200"

Thanks ever so much.... Rflong7 :mrgreen:

DOLLDRMS wrote:
A couple of things that don't warrant another version, just maybe a note so people will know to fix. In WR's minty house, I still couldn't use the recycle container in the kitchen. LOL, now that the high chair is moved, they are throwing route fail because of a shelf and sure enough putting the walls up, there is a decor shelf above it. Player needs to either move the recycle container or delete the shelf. Also, that container can't be emptied because there isn't one of the larger containers out in the yard, so one of those needs to be added.
:mrgreen:

Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited November 2010
    Should I be shocked another amazing world :P

I finally got CAW TO WORK!!! -jumps around-

where can I get some terrain paint
    -doesnt like the 4 he has-
  • Options
    MrCrumplebottom1MrCrumplebottom1 Posts: 1,843 Member
    edited November 2010
    Very nice!!! :O Well done!!
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Ergh, double post, Well, double the positive comment! :D
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited November 2010
    Gorgeous Rflong ! I just downloaded it, and am going to go and have a look.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited November 2010

Ergh, double post, Well, double the positive comment! :D

I just remember I was meaning to tell you fallen oaks is amazing nice work :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    N3mb3r wrote:
    Should I be shocked another amazing world :P

I finally got CAW TO WORK!!! -jumps around-

where can I get some terrain paint
    -doesnt like the 4 he has-

Hi, #3 :mrgreen:

You just want some more? I use Martine's from mts: http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=385025
    She has a Snow too. :)

Thanks, MrCrumplebottom1 8)
    How are yours coming along?

Thanks, Pary.

Let me know....(holds breath) :shock:
  • Options
    Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Squee :mrgreen: ! It looks amazing! Downloading now. I'd help build houses, but usually mine turn out.... looking like squares :oops:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    N3mb3r wrote:
    I just remember I was meaning to tell you fallen oaks is amazing nice work :mrgreen:

Woo!! Thank you!! :D Thats great! :D Thanks! Glad you like it! :D
    Rflong7 wrote:

Its okay :) My worlds are coming on just fine thank you! :D But SLOW! :D Busy few days, and I had a hair cut today :P :D Ahah! How are you ? :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Squee ! It looks amazing! Downloading now. I'd help build houses, but usually mine turn out.... looking like squares

Yay~ Sqeee! :lol:
    You can try a build. I think there's a back lot somewhere in the world. :D
    Rflong7 wrote:

Its okay :) My worlds are coming on just fine thank you! :D But SLOW! :D Busy few days, and I had a hair cut today :P :D Ahah! How are you ? :D

Lol~Doing fine as frog hair. ;)
    College is going well? Great!

Just to let everyone know-
    It's not white, white snow world because I don't want to cause eyestrain... so, don't expect blinding white.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited November 2010
    I love this world :D ! It's so beautiful and well done. It's amazing.

So far I haven't run into any problems such as road tears or lots not being named.
  • Options
    ProfPlumbobProfPlumbob Posts: 355 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Wowzers, by the time I fill that all up with homes Christmas will have passed :shock:

but it's an absolutely wonderful world Rflong :mrgreen: I'm going to use that stretch skeleton cheat and make it full of elves :lol:
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Looks unbelievable Rflong, so pristine and lovely. I haven't test played yet, I've been busy building, but still enjoying the scenery as I do. :mrgreen:

I PM'd you a couple of pics at CS3.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thank you, ProfPlumbob & Pary.

It's got a lot of lots. I am hoping for enough builders to fill one side of town. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    soccergirl1996soccergirl1996 Posts: 382
    edited November 2010
    Your world is awsome!!! I downloaded it and its incredable(thats not spelled right) :lol: haha love how you did your snowy roads and the guesyer!

When I downloaded I went back playing my sims in a different world and the trees were snowy white just like the winter Wonderland trees! But I unistalled it and the trees went back to normal :)

THat was the only problem!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Your world is awsome!!! I downloaded it and its incredable(thats not spelled right) :lol: haha love how you did your snowy roads and the guesyer!

When I downloaded I went back playing my sims in a different world and the trees were snowy white just like the winter Wonderland trees! But I unistalled it and the trees went back to normal :)

THat was the only problem!

That shouldn't have happened. I did check. I'll check again. I really don't want to pass that on to other worlds. :(

I just checked- and they are fine in my Build world- with the Winter world installed and saved.
    The trees should only effect that world... dog gone it. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    That's strange.
    It's not happening in my game. All my trees are fine in other worlds, I just went to check.
    Screenie -

treesokay.jpg
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Rflong7 wrote:
    That shouldn't have happened. I did check. I'll check again. I really don't want to pass that on to other worlds. :(

I just checked- and they are fine in my Build world- with the Winter world installed and saved.
    The trees should only effect that world... dog gone it. :(

Dont worry, if you notice in CAW, the textures dont reload until you quit CAW. I am assuming this is the same for you? But in theory, just shut the game, and load up the different world, and i should be fine! :D
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks so much for letting me know, soccergirl1996. I really do need to know these things. :)

Oh, goodie. And Thanks, Pary & MrC.~ If it happens to someone again I'll know what to say...
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited November 2010
    I just got in and saw this thread. I am downloading it now, it looks great! I look forward to testing it. Thanks for all you do and for sharing Rflong!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Thanks, DM.

*fingers still crossed* I'm in the cringing stage still. :shock:

Back to building. :)
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    how did you get the distance terrain to come around the whole world like that 0.0

• Options
    edited November 2010
    N3mb3r wrote:
    how did you get the distance terrain to come around the whole world like that 0.0

There is no distant terrain. :shock:
    You can even see some water from one area- I'm still working to correct that. ;)

It's the no camera routing paint- 1.5-2 chunks around the map/hills :-)
  • Options
    kjamlin1kjamlin1 Posts: 45
    edited November 2010
    this looks amazing :shock: i downloaded and in the middle of playing i had an epiphany ... you can use the fog emiters and set them for the snowing option and place them around the world. or would that make the game lag like crazy
  • Options
    VeraVera Posts: 218 New Member
    edited November 2010
    Oooh, wintery! How did you get white trees? I have been wanting a leafless tree that is white (like white bark), even if its just an object and not a landscaping tree, but no one has made one. Sadface! :(
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    kjamlin1 wrote:
    this looks amazing :shock: i downloaded and in the middle of playing i had an epiphany ... you can use the fog emiters and set them for the snowing option and place them around the world. or would that make the game lag like crazy

It would be awesome, right? :mrgreen:
    I think I remember reading it does lag the worlds.

Vera wrote:
    Oooh, wintery! How did you get white trees? I have been wanting a leafless tree that is white (like white bark), even if its just an object and not a landscaping tree, but no one has made one. Sadface! :(

I'm sure it can be done.
    There is a tree with Ambitions(?) which is leafless. A recolor would work... but I can only put it in a world- not all your worlds. I've never messed with the game meshes. :(

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top