Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share WINNERS' CIRCLE: Find out results and discuss the entries here!

Comments

• Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #158 A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

☆ gmcrozier ☆
    Wow, what a makeover! You can barely see any resemblance to the original building. You have used a very unusual tile on the exterior, but it works well. I think your use of that deep brown as a contrast was a great idea. The landscaping in the back garden is lovely, you have made some really great use of the terrain painting tools and your work on the roofline is impressive. The interior layout feels very well thought out, the interior palette works well throughout the home. I did love that gorgeous exterior fireplace, I think it’s my favourite part of the entire home.

Suggestions: The front of the home feels incredibly sparse in comparison to the rear of the home and although I realise Reginald’s favourite colour is pink this room feels has an incredibly feminine feel to it, maybe a horizontal/vertical pattern on the walls may have helped it feel a little more masculine.

☆ ArikaB ☆
    The change to the exterior of this home is subtle, yet a vast improvement. The exterior wall treatments you have chosen fits with the style of the architecture. The landscaping also fits with the style of this build incredibly well, you have made great choices for the planting and you have made great use of the terrain painting tools. Your interior layout works well and I can tell that a lot of thought went into it. Your choice of palette is great and even though Reginald’s room has that pink overtone, the use of those horizontal stripes and the newspaper printed feature wall help it not to feel overly feminine.

The winner of this challenge is ArikaB

Sim Challenge

☆ ArikaB ☆
    The Lines family are so cute, they seem to be enjoying their new home. It was great to see how well their newly renovated home fit each of their purposes.

The winner of the Sim challenge is ArikaB
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #159 A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS II

gmcrozier
    This is a nice modern build. The modular brick columns add architectural interest and keep the buildings from feeling too boxy. Your landscaping is beautiful and complementary to the architecture. It feels just a bit sparse on the green space; perhaps using a grassy terrain paint in the playground area rather than dirt would have helped with that. Fencing off the playground area from the pool area was a safety-conscious move. The community spaces are full of things to better the lives of the homeless, from skill-building items to basic necessities. Nice use of MOO with the coffee tables in the common area. The fruit on a pedestal in the art studio for still-life painting was a nice touch. The only thing that seemed lacking was a place for Sims to eat when visiting the soup kitchen; some dining tables would have been nice. The layout of the apartments is very smart. They are compact but quite efficient. I like that every one has a slightly different feel to it and that each unit has its own outdoor patio space. Overall, you did a great job!

AND THE WINNER IS....

GMCROZIER! CONGRATULATIONS!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #160 - THE WORKOUT ZONE

☆ ArikaB ☆
    This place looks fantastic! That tower is a definite Mediterranean feature and really helps cement the style of the build. And that gymnasium roof is a definite wow factor. The rest of the roofline has been completed perfectly. Great use of the terrain painting tools on the exterior and that olive tree is a great addition. The bright airy interior with those double height ceilings is beautifully executed. I am in awe of how you have laid this place out, with the basketball court and track on the second floor, such great creative thinking!

Suggestions: The only minor thing that brings your score down slightly is the fact that the brief asked for two separate buildings...

☆ Soocoolsim ☆
    I simply adore the architecture of this place, it looks like a converted greek mansion. The roof line works incredibly well and I like that you have included an area of landscaping for outdoor activities. The palette you have used is perfect for the style and the exterior wall treatments look great. The layout is really well done, I am impressed with how you have made everything feel more like ‘a home’ than ‘an institute’, especially with the cardio equipment.

Sugestions: I noticed a couple of areas where you hadn’t quite lined up the exterior ‘grubby’ areas quite right.

The winner of this challenge is.....
    Soocoolsim
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ArikaBArikaB Posts: 259 Member
    Congrats, Soocoolsim! Your win was well-deserved! Loved your build!
  • Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member
    Aw thanks Build-n-Share. Yes, I was playing around with the grungy wallpaper. In some spots it looked better to have the grungy part on the insides vs the outsides but I guess in real life that wouldn't make sense, lol. Appreciate the feedback very much. I'm not quite ready to switch to TS4 so these challenges are giving me inspiration to continue building for Sims 3.

ArikaB, thanks for being so gracious. Your build was also very nice indeed. I also thought it quite clever how you incorporated the activities. Well done!
  • Options
    ISHTARJMDISHTARJMD Posts: 260 Member
    edited February 2015
    Intermediate Results for #160 The Workout Zone

ElleDaes

You built a lovely, fresh looking facility with clean lines and stucco of Mediterranean design, with a clear Spanish influence. I like the color combinations you chose, friendly and welcoming without being overwhelming. I liked how you laid it out. The way you broke up the buildings but kept them connected with the breeze way was a nice touch. I can imagine taking a yoga class then sauntering across the breezeway to get a smoothie. Also, good job on bringing the colors across to unify the spaces but still managing to make them feel separate from each other.
    Now the suggestions: When you are taking pictures, watch out for the fishbowl look. Its very disorienting. Also, try to cull your pictures down to 3-4 pictures per room. 10 pictures of a lounge or a pool slows down the judging process. I would strongly recommend that you add some greenery to the outside lot, even if it is potted. It will look much more inviting and welcoming instead of overly paved. In the spa room, it looks properly soothing, but also very cave like with the dark paneling on the ceiling and the walls. If you use a dark wall cover, balance it with a lighter color on the walls to avoid the room being overly dark.

The winner is...EllenDaes!!
    Congratulations!
    Post edited by ISHTARJMD on
  • Options
    ElleDaesElleDaes Posts: 72 Member
    Thank you for the feedback!
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR #161 AISLE REMEMBER

Mederouin
    There are so many beautiful little vignettes in this build, from the ivy- & flower-covered pergolas to the walkway over the pond to the wonderful fountain in front. Your landscaping is lush and gorgeous; I only wish you would have carried it around back as the back elevation of your build looks rather bare. You really gave the couple options with an outdoor wedding area and two indoor areas. I wish the two upper gables on the front of your build were the same height. You made great use of MOO and clutter, particularly in the 2nd floor ceremony room. I love the way you created the raised platforms for a live band and included a head table for the bridal party. Watch your pattern combinations, as some of them were competing. Your palettes in the 2nd floor ceremony room and the third floor bathroom were lovely and my favorite. Great job!

Soocoolsim
    I gasped when I saw this build, it's so gorgeous! The way you laid out the ceremony area with spots for the band, the seating areas all oriented toward the wedding pagoda, the pool that brings a little "ocean" to the party...it's just so well-thought out. The whole lot is airy and romantic, even the indoor reception area with all the fabric swags and floral arrangements. Covering the dance floor, the wedding arch, and the outdoor bar but keeping them all open-air really brings in the beach. Love the photo booth touch - very fun! The only real suggestion I could think of would be having a solid walkway in front for Lauren's father. It's all very sandy and would be difficult for him. Great use of CFE to make the wedding pagoda arched. I loved seeing the ceremony and the bridal photos. Well done!

AND THE WINNER IS.....

SOOCOOLSIM!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

And the optional challenge also goes to Soocoolsim!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you very much. This challenge was fun :D
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #162 THE INNKEEPERS

ISHTARJMD
    What a beautiful build! I love that you sculpted the ground to allow for a tuck-under garage, adding living space and making the driveway easier to navigate. The amount of brick on the exterior is a bit overwhelming; I would have liked to see more shingling as it is a shingle-style house. The staggered staircases and terraced landscaping in front are elegant and charming. Nice use of terrain paints. The decks, porches, and balconies add character. You really considered all of the possible wants and needs for the guests with all of the amenities and available activities. Your floor plan is well-thought out; the way you swapped the kitchen and dining area is smart, allowing for better flow between common areas and more room around the dining table. Great use of MOO throughout. The palette throughout is soothing and comfortable. I especially liked the honeymoon suite - that bathroom paneling is gorgeous! There are plenty of little nooks and crannies for guests to explore without getting in each other's way. The whole place really feels like an antique-y B&B. Wonderful job!

Soocoolsim
    This is such a lovely build! The landscaping in front feels very coastal and a little bit wild. The circle driveway is great for guests to be able to drive right up to the front door and drop off their luggage. Great use of terrain paints. I do wish that you would have incorporated shingles in the exterior wall treatments, as it's a shingle-style house; however, the way you used the light and dark stonework was nice. Your layout has a great flow especially since you opened up the kitchen and dining area, the latter of which is very homey and inviting. Good job incorporating the outdoor kitchen that Apolla and Yanna were hoping for. I love that the suites are themed by color. I wish you would have use drapery other than the art deco curtains, which don't fit with the overall style of the interiors. You did a great job with focal walls, both with patterns and different colored tile. The basement entertainment area is light and airy, which is hard to achieve below ground level. Love the bedroom in the buttercup apartment! Well done!

This was an incredibly close competition as both builds were gorgeous! And the winner, by a nose, is........

ISHTARJMD!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Congrats Ishtarjmd. Beautiful job :smiley:
  • Options
    Wow! Thanks! I was sure you were gonna beat me Soocoolsim. You had such a lovely inn.
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #163 LIFE AFTER UNI

ISHTARJMD

This is such a cute build! Your exterior is well balanced in terms of the clients' differing opinions; the house itself is a subdued gray, but the landscaping is cheerful and bright. Your roof lines are architecturally interesting, and that gazebo is darling! The interior is a calm neutral palette with great pops of color that don't overwhelm the eye. Aimee will love that bright office space! The guest room is charming and cute, and that sun porch will surely be a new favorite space for the couple to hang out. Well done!

CONGRATULATIONS TO ISHTARJMD!!!!!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    BEGINNER RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #163 LIFE AFTER UNI

choco_bear
    Some of your pictures appeared to have been corrupted in the upload to photobucket, so a lot of it was hard to see. However, from what was visible, this was a darling little build! The outdoor area is very welcoming, especially that little bench under the willow tree. You made great use of clutter throughout the house, particularly in the bathroom. Nice job using CASt to make the frames in the bedroom really pop, adding bright color to a neutral space. The use of focal walls was visually interesting, and I love, love, LOVE the way you mis-matched the chairs in the dining room! Be careful not to zoom out too far when taking your pics, as it creates a fishbowl distortion. Also, make sure to take an aerial shot with the walls up and the roof down so the judges can see your floor plan. Well done!

CONGRATULATIONS, choco_bear!!!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #156 THE GAME IS AFOOT

****We judges somehow overlooked the intermediate category for this challenge, and we apologize for the delay in getting your results posted. Thank you for your patience!****

folala
    The Crannog concept for this build was a very smart, inventive way to give Mr. Wu the utmost protection. I love that you re-imagined items as parts of a whole-house security system. Using several different exterior wall treatments was visually interesting, although I wish you'd used windows on the front and right sides of the home, both to break up those huge expanses of walls and to give Mr. Wu the sight lines he requested. Your use of terrain paints and MOO with landscaping frame the build nicely. Inside, you did a great job with CASt, particularly in the living room area. Love that little reading nook with the geometric focal wall! I also like that your ceiling in the living room was sort of a focal wall as well. Some of the patterns and combinations got a little overwhelming. The use of the same wood on the floors, walls, and ceilings in the office and martial arts studio was jarring, as were all the stripes in the master bedroom when juxtaposed with the pattern on the bed. However, for the most part, your color schemes and pattern choices worked well. Fantastic use of CFE to create that sunken dining room/kitchen area! You made great object choices to give an overall modern-eclectic feel to the home. Well done!

iampes23
    The exterior of your build is beautiful and stately. Nice job building it into a hill as a crime deterrent - you did a great job with the terrain paints and sculpting tools! The landscaping is pretty and complementary to the build, and that archway over the flower bed is a nice touch. Try to remember to delete those extra floating ceiling tiles so they don't detract from your exterior. Nice use of clutter and buydebug objects throughout the house. I love the openness of the living room/kitchen area, but I do wish that the kitchen felt less country overall. The rest of the build feels like an eclectic mesh of modern and casual, but the kitchen feels like it doesn't quite fit with the overall scheme. I did really love the elegance of the office though. The wallpaper was busy but not overwhelming, and you did a great job making the room cohesive with CASt. It was my favorite room overall! Your stories are always so much fun to read - you really flesh out the characters and clearly have a good time with it. Great job!

And the winner is....................

FOLALA!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

And the winner of the Optional Challenge is IAMPES23!!!!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #164 A TASTE FOR FINER THINGS

Soocoolsim
    You really nailed the elegance of French Country architecture with this build! It's visually interesting with all of the different roof peaks, the diagonal garage, and the octagonal roof. The exterior wall treatments were rather bland and could have been made more interesting with the addition of some stone or brickwork. Your landscaping and use of terrain paints are beautiful, though. The pergola over the garden was a nice touch; it's easy to envision climbing grape vines! Your interior is very cohesive and rich-feeling with the mix of paneling and patterns, as well as the wonderfully elegant furnishings you chose. It's a great balance between comfortable and classy. Your color palettes are gorgeous, soothing and sophisticated. The only other real criticism I have is that you didn't furnish the empty space at the top of the stairs on the second floor. A sofa and some artwork would have been nice there. The study was my favorite room overall. I loved seeing Niles and Buerre Blanc enjoying the space. Wonderful job!

mederouin
    This is such a homey little build! You made great choices with your exterior wall treatments - very striking! Beautiful landscaping and great use of terrain paints. Your roofing is well done, and your garden is quaint. Your interior feels more like a farmhouse than the elegant furnishings that Niles requested. Things like the exposed bulb light fixtures make it less sophisticated than it could have been. Your kitchen, however, is very cute! I like the way you used MOO with the bookshelves to make the refrigerator look built in - nice touch! Your floor plan has a great flow to it. Well done!

AND THE WINNER IS...............

SOOCOOLSIM!

Soocoolsim also wins the Optional Challenge! Congratulations!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #164 A TASTE FOR FINER THINGS

Vanna Red
    What a lovely little build. You did a great job with color scheme and object choice, creating a build that was elegant with a little country for that homey feeling. Nicely done blending the guest room and the study. Niles and Buerre seem to be enjoying their new homes. However I wish you had done more with the landscaping out front. The lovely house seems rather barren when it comes to the lawn. Think of the lawn like a frame for your home. The right frame will set it off. No frame might make it seem…unfinished. I would also have liked to see more artwork on the walls. They seemed very empty throughout the house. If you can’t afford artwork, patterned walls will help keep them from feeling bland.

Iampes23
    You’ve put together a complicated build. You have a lovely French Country chateau, but inside you have a far more eclectic design scheme. The objects were chosen with imagination, my compliments to that. I really like how you made the dining room one step higher to separate it, while still leaving the open plan. And the reasoning behind some of the objects makes sense and adds a nice sense of life to the build. Now for the suggestions: I would have started with a smaller build. The house feels too big for its lot, though the lot you chose I think is perfect for a food snob who likes to be alone. My rule of thumb is no bigger than 2/3rds the size of the lot. If the lot is 20x30, the house should be no bigger than 13x20. You can always build up.
    But the biggest thing I would suggest you focus on is your color schemes. Even an eclectic amount of items like you have in this build, can be made to harmonize with the right color scheme. Try picking 2-4 colors that complement each other and work them throughout the room. I like to use this website http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm to help me make sure that everything is going to blend nicely. It shows anagalous colors, different shades of the same color and complimentary colors. And it gives you the colors in the html code so its easy to plug into sims and see if you like it in game. If you’re wanting to break up a large open space like Niles’ main room, choose 2 similar patterns, use the same palette on both, and place them at will. I know it seems like I’m being very critical, but please don't take it as me picking on you. You have a great lay out, interesting object choices and very nice reasons for why you chose what you did. However it’s hard to see when you have conflicting colors and patterns. Once you get a handle on this, your builds will really start to shine. As it is, I’ve seen a lot of improvements in your builds. If you would like opinions or suggestions please let me know. I’d be delighted to help out a talented builder.

The winner is… VannaRed!
    Optional challenge winner is…VannaRed!

Congrats!
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #165

@ElleDaes

I am loving the modern exterior of this build, it is modern without being too stark, a hard line to tread! that little planter section out the front is a lovely addition and helps break up the neutral colours of the exterior with a lovely splash of colour. Using the planters as a fence is a fantastic idea! The exterior wall treatments suit the build wonderfully. Your layout is well thought out and I can see that it would play well as a hangout/java hut. Your palette works well throughout the build and helps it feel incredibly cohesive. I am impressed with how you individualised the two offices, great work. Your pictures are fabulous, well lit and taken at great angels, it really helps to showcase your build!

Suggestions: I would advise that you give more thought to the sizes of your rooms, that waiting area for example feels a little empty, if it had been a little smaller or had more clutter/plants dotted around the place it might have felt a little more welcoming. Although your palette works well, those expanses of blue carpet feel quite vast, with little to break them up, I think had you used the blue more as an accent colour it would have added interest to the build. The long floor runners, although a good idea, would have looked better with a more simplistic pattern, for me it feels too much considering the modern nature of the interior. Think about adding some titles to your pictures, trying to figure out which area is which, really hinders the judging process.

@iampes23

The exterior of this place looks great, the wall coverings you have chosen work well with the style of the build. The small amount of landscaping also compliments the style of the architecture. The roof lines are well executed. I can tell that you have given a lot of thought as to how a build of this style would play by the build’s layout. Your interior palette works well and helps present a cohesive build. You have made some really interesting object choices which work well considering the style of the build and you have a great eye for object placement. Your presentation is fabulous!

Suggestions: The small back yard break area feels a little bland to me, I wonder if some plants would help to add interest and colour.

And the winner is.....

@iampes23

This was a tough round to judge, both builds were amazing interpretations of the brief!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #165

@soocoolsim
    Oh my!! I am totally floored by the creativity involved in this build! So unique and well executed!! The exterior is mind blowing, Such innovative use of the brief. The exterior treatments work really well and help the build feel whole. The landscaping looks fantastic, it really suits the style of the build. Your layout is great, I can tell you put quite a lot of thought into how the build would function as well as how it would look. Your interiors are amazing, so sumptuous and elegant! You have made some really great object choices and you have a wonderful eye for object placement.

Suggestions: I struggled to come up with anything that you could do to improve this build,the only thing I could think of was that some of the rooms feel a little narrow.

Optional Challenge: I loved seeing Michael and Evangeline enjoying their new offices, the party seemed to go well. Loving their retro look.

@ISHTARJMD

I adore the exterior of this gorgeous little build, it feels completely at home in it’s surroundings. The wall treatments you have chosen work really well and I am really impressed with the landscaping. Your roofline works well. Your interior palette is lovely, it blends well throughout the entirety of the build and the soft muted colours make for an elegant vibe. You have made some really good use of MOO in this build, and the CC you have used helps to enhance rather than overwhelm. You made some really great object choices and you have a great eye for object placement.

Suggestions: The small pictures make it a little difficult to judge, think about making them a little larger next time.

The winners is.....
    @soocoolsim !!

Optional Challenge Winner
    @soocoolsim
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #166 ALIEN ENCOUNTERS

ElleDaes
    I love so much about this build! It is completely hidden from view with the abandoned barn. Great use of buydebug objects - the hidden wall switch is genius! And seeing your Sim falling out of the elevator tube? HILARIOUS. It feels very eclectic, which fits with someone who..."acquires" all sorts of things. The ivy wall in the gym is a nice way to bring in some of the outdoors, especially since there are no windows. The master bedroom is SO luxurious! Love the fountain in the dive well, too! Your layout is so well thought out, with plenty of tricky escape routes. Great use of MOO throughout. My only real suggestions are to refine your color palette a bit more and to use less of the busy Art Deco wallpaper so it doesn't overwhelm the space. But overall, it's a fantastic build! I thoroughly enjoyed the virtual tour. Don't let the lack of competition take away from your win - you earned it! Well done!

And the winner is...

ELLEDAES!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    ADVANCED RESULT FOR BNS #167 SUNSET VALLEY ORPHANAGE

mederouin

This build is huge, but you still managed to make it feel homey and inviting. It's architecturally interesting with the diagonal wing, dormers, and the cohesive choices of exterior wall treatments. The pond is gorgeous - you made great use of MOO and terrain tools! Nice use of clutter in the staff office. The staff bedroom #1 has a bright, cheerful color palette. You made great object choices in the high school classroom with the skeleton for anatomy and the chemistry lab table. Love the CASt in the elementary classroom! So cheery! The kitchen/dining has plenty of seating, and the duplicates of appliances are probably a good plan with that many mouths to feed! The boy dorm is very cute, although I wonder if they'll be able to use the dressers since you MOO'ed clutter in front of them. You made great object choices in all of the bedrooms. I wish the girl dormitory had a more cohesive color palette, but the object choices really say teenage girls. The toddler area is really cute - I especially love the flooring with the rainbow border. The pool shape is interesting, which is hard to do in such a small space. Love the little cubby areas between the lockers in the locker rooms. I like that you included an outdoor pool as well, and that it has a covered portion. Perfect for those love-to-swim Sims! The playhouse outside is super cute. My only suggestion would be to add more landscaping to the yard. Great job overall!

CONGRATULATIONS, MEDEROUIN!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    INTERMEDIATE RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #167 SUNSET VALLEY ORPHANAGE

SimLover48702
    Your layout is well thought out. You did a nice job choosing the anchor pieces of furniture in each room. I do wish, with as large of a budget as we had on this build, that you would have included lots of clutter objects, wall art, curtains, etc. You were off to a great start, but it just feels unfinished. I like that you have multiples of appliances in the kitchen with so many mouths to feed. Nice use of MOO and terrain paints in the outdoor play area. The exterior of the house has a cabin/sleep-away camp feel to it, which is very welcoming and homey. Watch your roof connections where they meet the walls. You have several roofs with gullies next to a taller house wall, where maybe a shed roof would have worked better. Since we judge based on pictures alone, it was hard to really see the rooms in their entirety. The aerial shots you took were important in terms of layout, but it would be helpful to see around the room from a Sim's eye level. We usually like to see several photos from different vantage points in each room to really let your creativity shine through. There are great tips here on taking screenshots to showcase your hard work. Loved seeing the optional challenge screenshots!

VannaRed
    This is such a great build! Your layout is really well laid out. Putting the outdoor play area into a center courtyard was a great idea, as not only is it accessible and view-able from all areas of the orphanage, but also because it creates a natural boundary to keep the kiddos safe. The reception area is very inviting. I love the creche, how it's open, but with designated areas. I liked the way you mixed curtain styles on the creche windows. The kitchen/dining area is really fun with all the bright colors and patterns. It looks like a space kids would love to hang out. You made so many great object choices in all of the bedrooms. I especially liked Miss Montpelier's room - it looks very personalized. The classrooms look very authentic, and I like that you added additional areas for art, music, and phys ed classes. I really, really enjoyed all the effort your put into the optional challenge. You clearly had fun with it! I liked seeing all the members from the community coming together and seeing the various stages of the build. But best of all, seeing the kids have a place to call home! Well done!

AND THE WINNER IS....

VANNARED!

The winner of the optional challenge is also VANNARED! Congratulations!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    Congrats everyone!
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    ADVANCED RESULTS FOR CHALLENGE #166 ALIEN ENCOUNTERS

Mederouin
    Great idea to hide the build in a cliff like structure. Mr Donnel asked for a build that would blend in, and I think the building blends in with the cliff pretty well. It’s not completely hidden that sparks interest from neighbours what there is to hide, but there is plenty of privacy. The colours chosen for the extrerior matched the rocks around it, but still stands its own in looks of a building.
    A tip I can give you is, when you want to create a cliff, to place the cliff a bit further from the lot edge. The way the textures stretches this way become a bit weird. I would recommend a bigger lot maybe, since there were no lot size restrictions this time ;)
    The entryway is well done, I like the grand yet modern look of it. The World adventures fountain thingy (can’t think of the word at the moment!) is a nice touch.
    The interior has an interesting layout. It is playable and workable, but not standard. I like that the dining area is raised over the living area. I like the wall in the living as well.
    The features of this house I like the most though, are the deck that looks over the pond and the indoor doors! I love that stripe wood pattern for it.

ISTARJMD
    Nice modern build that still manages to be modest looking. The space inside is huge!
    The house does not look misplaced in a new neighbourhood or a modern neighbourhood and will therefore blend in nicely. The raised bed is a great touch for a bachelor pad. Seems really fitting.
    A suggestion would be for the landscaping. It doesn’t feel done to me. Mainly in the back. I would’ve like to see some random plant growing in the cliff or maybe some scattered rock that had fallen down, to make it a bit more natural.
    I really like the kind of CC you have used. That shower in amazing! My favourite feature of this house though is the hidden passage to the treasure room. Great idea to hide it behind the mirrors. Love it.

AND THE WINNER IS....

ISTARJMD!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    VannaRedVannaRed Posts: 167 Member
    Congrats Istarjmd!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top