Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Street Signal

celica18lcelica18l Posts: 47 New Member
How do you put street signals on your roads? I can't find them in the CAWT then when I edit in game you can't place signals on the roads only lots. I'm at a loss.

Comments

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hi Celica18l :D

The street lamps are in Caw in the "Meta Data" section. if you use the search box at the top of the metadata tab, put in light, and I believe all the street lamps will list. Then you can place them anywhere you want. Be careful to place them out of the way of pedestrians, I've heard of some routing problems if placed on sidewalks. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    what about traffic signals? I've got lights set up so that's not too hard. There are traffic lights in The sims buy debug but not in the CAWT that you can access onto roads. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited October 2010
    I'm sorry, I should read better. :D
    I have not seen the traffic signals either. :(
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2010
    Are you talking about the Urban streetlights that came with that Ford Fiesta Car Package? Well you can place them in the hood using the ingame world editor. First click on the editor like you are going to place a lot, but instead use your mouse scroll button to get close in the hood, next to the lot tab is a tree tab, a rock tab and a mischleanious tab. There is some content in each of those tabs but don't recall if those lights are in there but I do know there is some in actual lights ingame - outside ones for one and it take some maneuvering with the right tab open to place these lights in game in the hood, but you can do it. It takes a bit to get used to. You can also use the hand in this area to remove neighborhood thing put in the game in CAW by the creator if they are in your way.. I'm trying to remember if we also got more lights in Fast lane or not or if they were just lot lights, as there are a few, and some of them can also be placed in the hood with the ingame editor as long as you click it on the mischleanious tab, otherwise it only wants to place stuff on lots..

Edit to add, oh and to remove hood items you need to grab with the hand then click the delete button on your keyboard. The mouse cannot delete just grab the item, if you misplace it.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited October 2010
    I'll give this a shot. I just wondered if there were traffic lights/signals (Red lights/caution lights) in the game for roads and how you got them on the streets. I've seen a caution light btu you can't move it on the street. :/
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2010
    I believe we are going to get actually traffic lights but not til LN comes out the end of this month - at least in the German fan site preview of LN a few of the pictures showed actual over head traffic lights every so often at a 4 way intersection. I would assume that will be in any Late Night CAW stuff as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    WorldTraveler76WorldTraveler76 Posts: 415 Member
    edited October 2010
    Hello fellow Tennessean!! I am on the other side of the state but it's still good to see a Simmer in the same state!

As for the traffic lights.. I haven't seen any since The Sims 2. I would say that late night should have them, so keep a look out there!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Hello fellow Tennessean!! I am on the other side of the state but it's still good to see a Simmer in the same state!

As for the traffic lights.. I haven't seen any since The Sims 2. I would say that late night should have them, so keep a look out there!

Yay! TN!

I wondered if there were any boo. I like my streets to look authentic but alas guess we'll have to wait. I might wait and put my world off until after late night comes out and they update create a world. (plus it's been crashing on me a lot past few days boo).
  • Options
    arichan09arichan09 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2010
    im so glad im not the only one who wants the street signals. i hope they put it up real soon.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited December 2010
    arichan09 wrote:
    im so glad im not the only one who wants the street signals. i hope they put it up real soon.

They are included with LN.