Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reflect on Old Times.

Comments

• Options
    Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    RawrKiddo wrote:

But then it wouldn't be nostalgia. It would just be sharing your sims.
    And we arent' slamming the Sims 3. if we were I would have attached a list of grievances.pdf along with my first post on this forum (and as I recall, I never did such a thing).

Nostalgia is for something that no longer exists. You can't truthfully say that the "good old days of The Sims 2" no longer exists, seeing as how the game is still being sold, and there *are* people over on The Sims 2 BBS who are playing the game for the first time.

I'm just surprised the mods are letting *this* thread stand, since it has *nothing* whatsoever to do with The Sims 3. And I clearly recall that's the purpose for General Discussion...to talk *about* the Sims 3, not the Sims 2.

And I'm surprised the mods haven't banned you yet. Now post on topic or get out.
  • Options
    keleyakeleya Posts: 7,303 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    RawrKiddo wrote:

And we arent' slamming the Sims 3. if we were I would have attached a list of grievances.pdf along with my first post on this forum (and as I recall, I never did such a thing).

Nostalgia is for something that no longer exists. You can't truthfully say that the "good old days of The Sims 2" no longer exists, seeing as how the game is still being sold, and there *are* people over on The Sims 2 BBS who are playing the game for the first time.

I'm just surprised the mods are letting *this* thread stand, since it has *nothing* whatsoever to do with The Sims 3. And I clearly recall that's the purpose for General Discussion...to talk *about* the Sims 3, not the Sims 2.

And I'm surprised the mods haven't banned you yet. Now post on topic or get out.

That was rather rude. Jarsie actually had something constructive to say on this thread.
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2010

No.

I'm not flaming anyone. I'm pointing out the obvious. Take a good look at the forum index again...

General Discussion:
    Post here to discuss The Sims 3 and read up on the latest news & announcements. Let There Be Sims (3)

Is there any part of that you don't understand? This is *not* a thread about The Sims 3. This is a thread about The Sims 2. And if you don't like me pointing out the obvious, that's simply too bad. for you. And, no, I'm not going to get banned for pointing out the obvious fact that *this* thread is breaking the rules of the BBS.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    keleya wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    RawrKiddo wrote:

That was rather rude. Jarsie actually had something constructive to say on this thread.

Yes, but this isn't an ideas thread, this is a Lets Remember Sims 2 and reflect on how far we've come and what we want back thread. If Jarsie wants respect, she'll have to give it out first.
  • Options
    RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    RawrKiddo wrote:

General Discussion
    "Post here to discuss The Sims 3 and read up on the latest news & announcements. Let There Be Sims (3)"

Compared to what it was and what it is now seems nostalgic. There is no need for definitions or technical terms. This thread was purely innocent and meant for sharing purposes for the Sims 3 community. Because a majority of them have owned previous games, alot of us share the same memories such as the millions of Bella Goth question threads, and Maxoid Mel. We are discussing memories, not current events.
  • Options
    nicolebrittanyynicolebrittanyy Posts: 6,513 Member
    edited October 2010
    CK213 wrote:
    snapshot_5590c58f_15a4e1f7.jpg

LOL... Joey and Chandler from Friends??
    Best. show. ever.
  • Options
    wright1wright1 Posts: 367 New Member
    edited October 2010
    WOW You go girl
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    It still has nothing to do with The Sims 3. If you want to share memories, go over to the Sims 2 BBS. It's still active.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited October 2010
    well... I don't know about the TS2 pics...
    but THIS is the forum to post TS1 pics, since there is no longer a TS1 site and when you click the TS1 site you automatically go here... :roll:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    It still has nothing to do with The Sims 3. If you want to share memories, go over to the Sims 2 BBS. It's still active.

Then we wouldn't be sharing memories. We would be sharing sims.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yes, but this isn't an ideas thread, this is a Lets Remember Sims 2 and reflect on how far we've come and what we want back thread. If Jarsie wants respect, she'll have to give it out first.

Actually, no it's not. Go back and read the original post. The OP wanted people to share their pictures and memories of The Sims 2 *because she can no longer play the Sims 3* And is currently playing The Sims 2.

Someone else might have said it, but this is nothing but an excuse to turn this into a topic praising The Sims 2. Again, it has nothing to do with The Sims 3.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Why can't you just be nice? You were doing good over the last couple of days, and now you've ruined it with this thread.

As for reflections, I wish the kids could jump on the couch and things like that. I kind of miss child mischief.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

It has something to do with the SIMS in general. If it bothers you so much, you could ignore this thread completely and not post at all. :?
  • Options
    SR_in_SimmerlandSR_in_Simmerland Posts: 4,083 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

If you feel that way then just leave the thread, to bad they dont have a forum for being trolling or else I could link you
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

It has something to do with the SIMS in general. If it bothers you so much, you could ignore this thread completely and not post at all. :?

You know, the more people tell me to go away, the less inclined I am to do so.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Double post.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Well, that's real mature of you.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Well, that's real mature of you.

RawrKiddo likes this post too
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Yes, we all know that the more you feed a troll, the fatter they get until they just can't walk anymore. Then they're forced to stay in that thread until it gets locked or deleted. Then they get back up and run to the nearest thread. It's our own fault for feeding you, but you needed to be put in your place.
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Why can't you just be nice? You were doing good over the last couple of days, and now you've ruined it with this thread.

As for reflections, I wish the kids could jump on the couch and things like that. I kind of miss child mischief.

What is it going to take to get it through your head that I don't need your approval? And there you go, comparing the Sims 2 to the Sims 3. That's an idea, isn't it?
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Bonnie1209Bonnie1209 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Wow, someone's running low on estrogen.
  • Options
    SciFiWarlockSciFiWarlock Posts: 5,267 Member
    edited October 2010
    I loved Uni, still do. Miss the mascots as they were always funny

When My fav born in the game sim, Alfonzo, was at Uni with his half-brother, his boyfriend (Now husband) and his boyfriend's cousin they invited the cow mascot to stay for dinner
    snapshot_13dbb5dd_15952238.jpg

Notice what they are eating
    snapshot_13dbb5dd_7595224c.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2010

Yes, we all know that the more you feed a troll, the fatter they get until they just can't walk anymore. Then they're forced to stay in that thread until it gets locked or deleted. Then they get back up and run to the nearest thread. It's our own fault for feeding you, but you needed to be put in your place.

No, I don't. And you are not the person to put me in my place. Keep hitting that report button. I have more of a case against you than you have against me. Keep telling yourself that you are putting me in my place. It's a nice harmless fantasy, I'm sure.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    I loved Uni, still do. Miss the mascots as they were always funny

When My fav born in the game sim, Alfonzo, was at Uni with his half-brother, his boyfriend (Now husband) and his boyfriend's cousin they invited the cow mascot to stay for dinner
    snapshot_13dbb5dd_15952238.jpg

Notice what they are eating
    snapshot_13dbb5dd_7595224c.jpg

Lmao!

I turned all the mascots into vampire werewolves! :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

What is it going to take to get it through your head that I don't need your approval? And there you go, comparing the Sims 2 to the Sims 3. That's an idea, isn't it?

You know what I meant when I said ideas thread. You apparently don't need anybody's approval except for your clan of minions'. Maybe if we feed you enough you'll puke and then run away out of fear that it'll happen again.