Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Reflect on Old Times.

Comments

• Options
    PurplePeacockPurplePeacock Posts: 914 New Member
    edited October 2010
    aaddd wrote:
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"

here is a few pics :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    snapshot_938fd1d7_538fd1ee.jpg

sorry i went picture crazy

I love this, makes me feel so reminecey
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    CK213 wrote:
    Good times picture spam.

snapshot_5590c58f_15a4e1f7.jpg

Is that chandler and joey off of friends? Sure looks like it!
  • Options
    SimJoseph7SimJoseph7 Posts: 110 Member
    edited October 2010
    I haven't been here in a very long time. Actually, I haven't played in a very long time.

This thread reminds me of why. Sims 3 has no soul. It could of, should have, would of kept my interest only if it had the same "feel" as 2.

Maybe I'll try to get back into it or go through all of the work to put 2 back on.

Yeah, soul. I think that is what is missing. All of the "oooh" and "awwww" and "hehehe" moments. Oh, and after years of $$$ and collecting, all of the things that are in this thread are sorely missed by me in 3.
    Joseph
    Dreams Never Die, Just The Dreamer...
  • Options
    XDarkFrostXXDarkFrostX Posts: 789 New Member
    edited October 2010
    :( this makes me miss the sims2 so much I think I might play.
  • Options
    crybabygirl777crybabygirl777 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited October 2010
    bump
  • Options
    RawrKiddoRawrKiddo Posts: 2,555 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Oh dear, let me pull some photos from my ancient archives D:

snapshot_129fc2d6_b29fb9e4.jpg
    My favorite glitch ever

002.jpg
    003.jpg
    LadyMcBaneandtheMysteryMan.jpg
    I used to do photography with my sims

DinaandNina02.jpg
    DIna and NIna Caliente

CrumplebottomSucsessor02.jpg
    Crumplebottom's demon child

DeathlyAngle.jpg

Wedding11.jpg

Wedding01.jpg
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited October 2010
    RawrKiddo wrote:
    Oh dear, let me pull some photos from my ancient archives D:

snapshot_129fc2d6_b29fb9e4.jpg
    My favorite glitch ever

002.jpg
    003.jpg
    LadyMcBaneandtheMysteryMan.jpg
    I used to do photography with my sims

DinaandNina02.jpg
    DIna and NIna Caliente

CrumplebottomSucsessor02.jpg
    Crumplebottom's demon child

DeathlyAngle.jpg

Wedding11.jpg

Wedding01.jpg
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    OMG at the first pic and the Crumplebottom pic! :shock:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    chenmn123 wrote:
    :shock: :shock: :shock:
    OMG at the first pic and the Crumplebottom pic! :shock:

I had soo much fun with boolProp! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited October 2010
    CK213 wrote:
    Good times picture spam.

snapshot_5590c58f_15a4e1f7.jpg

Is that chandler and joey off of friends? Sure looks like it!

Yeah, that's them. I had quite a few of the Friends cast. Even Julie, Ursula, and Mike ******** (sp?)

Ross married Julie. :mrgreen:
    28.jpg

I want my coffee houses back. :P
    13.jpg
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    momsoccerteammomsoccerteam Posts: 531 Member
    edited October 2010
    Oh my, thank you all so much for posting these pics!! I haven't played Sims or Sims 2 in many years. I do have them uploaded to this computer, just haven't played them yet.

Guess I should lol :-o
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited October 2010
    This post would actually look better over on The Sims 2 BBS. Posting all these pictures on the Sims 3 board so that the SimGurus can see how much y'all miss The Sims 2 only makes it appear that you're ungrateful.

At any rate, the solution is as close as your computer to those who still have their Sims 2 games. It's called "installing the Sims 2"...

Justa thought.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    MaryJosMaryJos Posts: 4,935 Member
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    This post would actually look better over on The Sims 2 BBS. Posting all these pictures on the Sims 3 board so that the SimGurus can see how much y'all miss The Sims 2 only makes it appear that you're ungrateful.

At any rate, the solution is as close as your computer to those who still have their Sims 2 games. It's called "installing the Sims 2"...

Justa thought.
    :roll:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Justa thought.

Well now, we can't share our nostalgic memories of Sims Past if we are too busy playing them :wink:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    MaryJos wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Justa thought.

What? I haven't said anything inappropriate. Most of these folks are already registered over at the Sims 2 BBS. Believe me, *those* players would *love* a thread like this where Sims 3 players come along and post how much they miss The Sims 2 and even post pictures. They'd be welcomed with open arms, especially since The Sims 2 BBS is a shadow of its former self these days.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RawrKiddo wrote:

Well now, we can't share our nostalgic memories of Sims Past if we are too busy playing them :wink:

That's the idea, isn't it? There's no need for you to be nostalgic if you're too busy playing the game that's still available to you, is there?
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Ilovethesims7Ilovethesims7 Posts: 1,378 New Member
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    MaryJos wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:

Justa thought.

What? I haven't said anything inappropriate. Most of these folks are already registered over at the Sims 2 BBS. Believe me, *those* players would *love* a thread like this where Sims 3 players come along and post how much they miss The Sims 2 and even post pictures. They'd be welcomed with open arms, especially since The Sims 2 BBS is a shadow of its former self these days.

@ Jarsie: Really? You're focusing on picking on this innocent OP? Why don't you focus on belittling the people who constantly complain about Sims 3 and how it needs a ton of features from Sims 2 rather than picking on someone for posting a reflecting thread. Or better yet, don't belittle people at all and just post your opinions, not your infamous *observations*. Just sayin' :wink: .

This thread reminds me of how much I love Sims 3! And how far we've come from that lol :wink: . Anyways thanks for posting :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    RawrKiddo wrote:

That's the idea, isn't it? There's no need for you to be nostalgic if you're too busy playing the game that's still available to you, is there?

But then you won't be sharing. and that's the whole point of the thread. However, if you would like to start a nostalgia thead in the BBS, then be my guest.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    @ Jarsie: Really? You're focusing on picking on this innocent OP? Why don't you focus on belittling the people who constantly complain about Sims 3 and how it needs a ton of features from Sims 2 rather than picking on someone for posting a reflecting thread. Or better yet, don't belittle people at all and just post your opinions, not your famous *observations*. Just sayin' :wink: .

This thread reminds me of how much I love Sims 3! And how far we've come from that lol :wink: . Anyways thanks for posting :mrgreen:

RawrKiddo likes this post
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RawrKiddo wrote:
    @ Jarsie: Really? You're focusing on picking on this innocent OP? Why don't you focus on belittling the people who constantly complain about Sims 3 and how it needs a ton of features from Sims 2 rather than picking on someone for posting a reflecting thread. Or better yet, don't belittle people at all and just post your opinions, not your famous *observations*. Just sayin' :wink: .

RawrKiddo likes this post

Why thank you :D
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RawrKiddo wrote:

But then you won't be sharing. and that's the whole point of the thread. However, if you would like to start a nostalgia thead in the BBS, then be my guest.

Well, that's fine and dandy. But I don't really see the purpose for sharing Sims 2 nostalgia on the *Sims 3* BBS, when there's a *Sims 2* BBS that would be a far better place for it, and wouldn't give me the feeling that people were slamming the Sims 3. And if I were inclined to do that, I'd be over there instead of over here.

Of course, there *used* to be a Sims 2 forum here, but it was taken down because EA made the mistake of allowing Sims 2 users to post there anonoymously; maybe if we ask nicely enough, they'd bring it back, but only allow registered Sims 3 players to post in it. After all if the Official EA games website can host a variety of game forums, there's no reason why EA can't do the same here.

Again, just another thought.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010

@ Jarsie: Really? You're focusing on picking on this innocent OP? Why don't you focus on belittling the people who constantly complain about Sims 3 and how it needs a ton of features from Sims 2 rather than picking on someone for posting a reflecting thread. Or better yet, don't belittle people at all and just post your opinions, not your infamous *observations*. Just sayin' :wink: .

You're right, that's all it is...just an observation. You don't have to like it or approve of it. My opinion stands...if people want to reflect on old times so badly, there is a place to do it...it's called The Sims 2 BBS.

Believe me, if you went to the Sims 2 BBS and posted this same thread but with the Sims 3, you'd have more than one person jumping on you for doing it. And that one person would not be me.
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    RawrKiddo wrote:

Well, that's fine and dandy. But I don't really see the purpose for sharing Sims 2 nostalgia on the *Sims 3* BBS, when there's a *Sims 2* BBS that would be a far better place for it, and wouldn't give me the feeling that people were slamming the Sims 3. And if I were inclined to do that, I'd be over there instead of over here.

Of course, there *used* to be a Sims 2 forum here, but it was taken down because EA made the mistake of allowing Sims 2 users to post there anonoymously; maybe if we ask nicely enough, they'd bring it back, but only allow registered Sims 3 players to post in it. After all if the Official EA games website can host a variety of game forums, there's no reason why EA can't do the same here.

But then it wouldn't be nostalgia. It would just be sharing your sims.
    And we arent' slamming the Sims 3. if we were I would have attached a list of grievances.pdf along with my first post on this forum (and as I recall, I never did such a thing).
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    RawrKiddo wrote:

How is a reflecting thread slamming Sims 3? Why don't you focus your energy on slamming people for making threads like this: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/243747.page . Those seem to be the threads that you're describing, so go ahead and post what you've posted on here. At least then your post will be relevant.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    RawrKiddo wrote:

But then it wouldn't be nostalgia. It would just be sharing your sims.
    And we arent' slamming the Sims 3. if we were I would have attached a list of grievances.pdf along with my first post on this forum (and as I recall, I never did such a thing).

Nostalgia is for something that no longer exists. You can't truthfully say that the "good old days of The Sims 2" no longer exists, seeing as how the game is still being sold, and there *are* people over on The Sims 2 BBS who are playing the game for the first time.

I'm just surprised the mods are letting *this* thread stand, since it has *nothing* whatsoever to do with The Sims 3. And I clearly recall that's the purpose for General Discussion...to talk *about* the Sims 3, not the Sims 2.

General Discussion
    "Post here to discuss The Sims 3 and read up on the latest news & announcements. Let There Be Sims (3)"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!