Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to place firetruck on lot

Hello everyone. I have a sim who is in the firefighter career. She is now level 10 and has her own firetruck and alarm. I can place the alarm no problem. I created a huge garage for the truck but the firetruck will not place at all. I even tried with out walls and everything. I did place the large parking lot. I have space for that next to the house on the lot. When I click the firetruck and try to place it in the parking lot, truck goes back automatically to her inventory. Hence I cannot maintain the truck at all. I keep getting the message that the engine is wearing down and needs maintenance. How can I do that if truck won't place? What do I have to do to get the truck to place so I can maintain it?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am getting desperate for a way to get it to work.

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited September 2010
    Well, it sounds as though you are doing everything right and it should work...

Have you tried clicking on the firetruck in your sims inventory and choosing to go somewhere in it? Maybe when your sim then drives back home it will place itself on the driveway. It's worth a go if you haven't already tried.
  • Options
    have2admithave2admit Posts: 2,246 Member
    edited September 2010
    So you did put in the parking space, and the driveway space right behind it, right? :D
  • Options
    Wreck_DiverWreck_Diver Posts: 691 Member
    edited September 2010
    You can probably verify whether or not there was a patching issue at some point by going to the community fire station and using testingcheatsenabled true and right clicking to build on the lot. Adding the large parking space on the fire station lot may give confirmation of whether or not you have a patch issue and it may give you a temporary means of maintaining your personal engine while you try and solve the conflict with the driveway / station at the household lot.

I haven't tried building a fire station or garage for my personal fire engine yet, but the engine I drive for a living in the real world is 10 feet 5 inches tall so standard wall and ceiling heights are an issue that may be reflected in the game as well. Have you tried raising the height of the second floor or roof?
    There but for the Grace of God go I.

http://www.facebook.com/PublicSafetyDiver
  • Options
    GramcrackersGramcrackers Posts: 1,162 Member
    edited September 2010
    Did you use the larger parking space? I had to move the family to a lot that would support the longer parking space. They were on a small pensulia in Twinrivers( Twinbrook?) and there just wasn't room for the larger parking space.
  • Options
    PurpleKittenPurpleKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    edited September 2010
    Thanks for your responses. I will try to answer then all.

Yes I used the larger parking lot and created a garage. and yes my lot supports the larger parking lot. Yes I did try to go somewhere with the firetruck in hopes it will go into the lot. But it still remains in inventory when she goes back to her house.

And yes i gave double height walls with no floors so that there isn't anything over head except the ceiling up on the third section of the walls. I also gave 2 spaces extra on each side of the parking lot and 4 spaces for the front and back of the parking lot too.

I'll try that cheat and see what happens on the community firehouse lot. Any other ideas to try?

I will let you know how that cheat goes for me.

Again thanks for the responses. I do appreciate the help.

• Options
    PurpleKittenPurpleKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    edited October 2010
    I finally got a solution for my firetruck issue. I used the cheat moveobjects on. then i was able to place the fire engine in the parking lot to maintain it.

This is the only way that I can do it.

Thanks for your ideas. I appreciate it. Hopefully the solution I found for myself will help others.

Once I placed the truck then I retyped the cheat moveobjects off. Then continued to play.
  • Options
    GolddappleGolddapple Posts: 8
    edited September 2012
    I had the same issue as you, and used moveobjects!
  • Options
    Jazmineb90Jazmineb90 Posts: 2 New Member
    Can you explain how to put in the cheat? I put in moveobjects on and it didn't change anything.
  • Options
    Jazmineb90Jazmineb90 Posts: 2 New Member
    Nevermind, I got it now!
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Glad to hear that you got it sorted @Jazmineb90 :smiley:

With that I am closing the thread as it is from 2010.

Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top