Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yet another sim stolen and claimed as their own.. kinda.

Comments

• Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited August 2010
    elizka93 wrote:
    I don't think people should report it. :?

I see the resemblance and know where you are coming from but this person obviously didn't mean any harm. It's just like downloading CC then uploading Sims including that CC. You uploaded it, so that's like giving it away.

I'm quite certain that she left my sim exactly the same (discluding the lips.) and uploaded it. because all the things that are different (eye colour, skin colour, formal dress, eyebrows) are just custom content that didn't go through when she downloaded it. So yeah.. it's not just "including that cc" it's the same sim.
  • Options
    Isabella_SchatzIsabella_Schatz Posts: 3,966 New Member
    edited August 2010
    What is wrong with people these days t0139.gif Seriously am considering to not even upload anything since people have zero ettiquette.

I know, right? :( But I don't think you should let that stop you! You make great sims.

thank you, I'll ponder it some more
  • Options
    QuailhogsQuailhogs Posts: 933 Member
    edited August 2010
    I reported the stolen item to the authorities.
  • Options
    jauntyjaunty Posts: 3,336 Member
    edited August 2010
    A while ago I uploaded a Sim of mine I used the uic for the picture.A couple of days later someone downloaded her and put her on the exchange.They didn't use the uic just uploaded her normally, but I recognised my sim straight away. All they did was change one outfit nothing else,I was very flattered that they liked her that much not to change any of her features.
    m0oUDbi.jpg
  • Options
    SIMplifiedSIMplified Posts: 4,536 Member
    edited August 2010
    I delete my sims after I upload them for my avi anyways. Even if they're nothing amazing.
    But anyways....in all honesty. I only see that they took the shirt and hairstyle, and the other clothes yeah. Other than that, I don't see this clone of your Sim. But still, expect people to rip you off when you put your stuff up out there :|
  • Options
    CoyadreCoyadre Posts: 5,409 Member
    edited August 2010
    I'm quite certain that she left my sim exactly the same (discluding the lips.) and uploaded it. because all the things that are different (eye colour, skin colour, formal dress, eyebrows) are just custom content that didn't go through when she downloaded it. So yeah.. it's not just "including that cc" it's the same sim.

I agree with you, the only difference "facial" I see are the lips. I think it's the same sim...
  • Options
    Kiyomi95Kiyomi95 Posts: 70 Member
    edited August 2010
    Are we all not meant to share our sims on the site?
    I agree with you that it is hard to see someone else upload the exact same sim and she could have atleast said I got content from "...." whatever.
    But don't worry none! I rec'd your one and added it to my favourites

Happy Simming :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Purple_Penguin00Purple_Penguin00 Posts: 4,114 Member
    edited August 2010
    more copying? gah...

miloandotis
    ive rec'd yours and add it to my favourites

and i've reported the other persons

EDIT:-i had to spell check again :roll:
    CPdd6jhWcAQ1_eG.jpg
  • Options
    MisterZiiMisterZii Posts: 2,123 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Lellu82 wrote:
    I reported too, and rec´d your sim :)
  • Options
    melodicspike21melodicspike21 Posts: 24,180 Member
    edited August 2010
    Reported
    X4pxyAv.png
  • Options
    windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    edited August 2010
    With all due respect, I see no resemblence whatsoever.

The sims in ts3 are so limited, as to the abilities of CAS, you shouldn't be surprised to see sims that look similar to the ones you make. In fact, your sims look very much like the sims I make, but haven't uploaded. But I know you haven't stolen my sims.

don't get bent out of shape. Accept that the CAS is very limited and many sims look like others. Until we get more sliders, they will look alike.

Also, it's not like any of this is original art work. EA owns it all anyway. Happy simming
    cyn
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    windweaver wrote:
    With all due respect, I see no resemblence whatsoever.

The sims in ts3 are so limited, as to the abilities of CAS, you shouldn't be surprised to see sims that look similar to the ones you make. In fact, your sims look very much like the sims I make, but haven't uploaded. But I know you haven't stolen my sims.

don't get bent out of shape. Accept that the CAS is very limited and many sims look like others. Until we get more sliders, they will look alike.

Also, it's not like any of this is original art work. EA owns it all anyway. Happy simming
    cyn

No resemblance? Bahah! Are you crazy? Look at all the clothes... there's no possible way that that happened 'just by chance'. her eyes, nose and face shape is the same too, not to mention the hair. :? I know EA technically owns it all but that doesn't mean it's right and should go unreported. Aw, well.. it doesn't really matter anyways.. I was just putting it out there.
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2010
    I can see why you may be upset. But seriously, I see very little resemblence too. Ive seen many peoples avatars look almost the same, but slightly different. Many sims Ive made look like others, and vice versa.

Ive given up on getting any more recs because I dont upload sims, houses, or worlds anymore. They just get stolen.
  • Options
    xnicolerawksxxnicolerawksx Posts: 154
    edited August 2010
    The bio of the sim is SIMply (<--hah. I'm a nerd.): "simfrau"

Is it supposed to say "simfrauD"?

Because this is simfraud! Like, sim identity theft!
    Getting plastic surgery and changing your name!
  • Options
    Sims3issofunSims3issofun Posts: 1,603 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I feel sorry for you. It would upset me if the same thing happened to me.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Docsprock wrote:
    I can see why you may be upset. But seriously, I see very little resemblence too. Ive seen many peoples avatars look almost the same, but slightly different. Many sims Ive made look like others, and vice versa.

Ive given up on getting any more recs because I dont upload sims, houses, or worlds anymore. They just get stolen.

Okay. For the thousandth time.

IT IS NOT THE FACE THAT I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT.
    *ehem* now. if you'll please notice, all the same clothes, with the same patterns, and the same colours. Also the hair, lipstick, eyes, and nose. Do you see? It's all the same. The reason it isn't identical is because some of the CC didn't to through with the download..

Wow, how many more times do I have to say that?
  • Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited August 2010
    Docsprock wrote:

*ehem* now. if you'll please notice, all the same clothes, with the same patterns, and the same colours. Also the hair, lipstick, eyes, and nose. Do you see? It's all the same. The reason it isn't identical is because some of the CC didn't to through with the download..

My bad for reading incorrectly. I was basing it on the head-shot posted.

Plus, Im jumping from thread to thread, forum to forum, and website to website.:P
  • Options
    ClayworldClayworld Posts: 1,106 Member
    edited August 2010
    Docsprock wrote:

Sorry, I just disagree. The sim is different; the clothing is available anywhere, you did not create it. The only thing that you created was the features of the sim. Everything else was made by someone else. The faces are completely different, it's not the same sim at all. Yes, she used most, but not all of the same clothing you did, but you didn't make any of that, you just put it all together. It's like people buying the same clothes at a department store, or dressing like a celebrity.
  • Options
    Smplcty0921Smplcty0921 Posts: 116 Member
    edited August 2010
    I see the resemblance with the hair, but other than that, they don't look that much alike to me. Anyway, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery (old saying), so maybe you should take this as a compliment that this person liked your SIM enough to enhance and share it?

Which leads me to a question? If someone downloads a SIM to their game from the Exchange, it will come with the all traits, clothing, hairstyles the originator put on the SIM when they uploaded it to the Exchange....correct? So, if I put that downloaded Sim in my game, and tweak the looks a bit (mouth, nose, chin, whatever), all the original person's traits, clothes, and hairstyles will still stay the same unless I change them. Is that right?

I really haven't downloaded any Sims yet, just one toddler (which I have never revised & uploaded), but I'd like to understand the process before I do?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Clayworld wrote:
    Docsprock wrote:

Sorry, I just disagree. The sim is different; the clothing is available anywhere, you did not create it. The only thing that you created was the features of the sim. Everything else was made by someone else. The faces are completely different, it's not the same sim at all. Yes, she used most, but not all of the same clothing you did, but you didn't make any of that, you just put it all together. It's like people buying the same clothes at a department store, or dressing like a celebrity.

Oh. My. God. They aren't default clothes. I customized them and the patterns. There's no possible way that it was an accident.
  • Options
    Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Clayworld wrote:
    Docsprock wrote:

Oh. My. God. They aren't default clothes. I customized them and the patterns. There's no possible way that it was an accident.

This still doesn't constitute stealing. Sometimes when I download Sims from the exchange into my game and I like the clothes the creator already made, I just customize the facial and body characteristics due to being too lazy to go and make a whole new set of clothes. I'm just not that into creating new clothes for Sims due to being....a guy...

So it's entirely plausible that they downloaded one of your Sims, liked the clothing setup you already had and just made a new Sim (perhaps similar to yours, but still their own) around it. It's not stealing; it's merely appreciating the idea you already had.

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Jamesmc93 wrote:
    Clayworld wrote:
    Docsprock wrote:

This still doesn't constitute stealing. Sometimes when I download Sims from the exchange into my game and I like the clothes the creator already made, I just customize the facial and body characteristics due to being too lazy to go and make a whole new set of clothes. I'm just not that into creating new clothes for Sims due to being....a guy...

So it's entirely plausible that they downloaded one of your Sims, liked the clothing setup you already had and just made a new Sim (perhaps similar to yours, but still their own) around it. It's not stealing; it's merely appreciating the idea you already had.

I see what you're saying. I just don't think it's right to take that much of my work and upload it without giving me any credit..
  • Options
    Jamesmc93Jamesmc93 Posts: 1,815 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Jamesmc93 wrote:
    Clayworld wrote:
    Docsprock wrote:

I see what you're saying. I just don't think it's right to take that much of my work and upload it without giving me any credit..

And I understand this completely. I agree in some cases (this one is a bit iffy) but it's never going to happen. Sure, it's good to let off some steam from time to time, but I suggest doing it in a blog or somewhere a little more personal, if you understand what I mean.

I'm sorry you're hurt by this, however and I hope you feel better later on ;)
  • Options
    UBFunkaneerUBFunkaneer Posts: 367
    edited August 2010
    I did not report.

Sorry, but I think it's just a conicidince.
  • Options
    simjettsimjett Posts: 5,254 Member
    edited August 2010
    :oops: :? :x I guess Cocoa-Cream Swirl got smoked during the download process
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=600"
    umsmoked