Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Yet another sim stolen and claimed as their own.. kinda.

Okay, so you might have seen my thread yesterday sharing my new sim "Cocoa-Cream Swirl". You can find her here;

Mine- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2980220

Anyways, since there has been so much stealing of sims recently I decided to look and see if someone had stolen any of my creations,when I came across this sim. They changed the skin colour and some of the facial features, but the clothing and hair is exactly the same. :( Report if you want... or don't. But I just thought I would add the the pile. :cry:

Melonsim's- http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2983415

If your going to say I don't have rights when I upload a sim, I know. However, it's still wrong and there's still a plagiarism button.

Comments

• Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2010
    I felt sorry about you. :(

I reported :)
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    miloandotismiloandotis Posts: 5,475 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I felt sorry about you. :(

I reported :)

Thank you!! :? Why can't be a little more creative and come up with their own sims?
  • Options
    Lellu82Lellu82 Posts: 408 Member
    edited August 2010
    I reported too, and rec´d your sim :)
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited August 2010
    Are you sure? The only thing that is exactly the same is the hairstyle. The lips are different, eye color, and even the eye shape slightly. Put them side by side and you will see what I mean.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sun2401 wrote:
    Are you sure? The only thing that is exactly the same is the hairstyle. The lips are different, eye color, and even the eye shape slightly. Put them side by side and you will see what I mean.

The clothing is all exactly the same. Same with the hair colour, lipstick, etc. Maybe changing it just slightly qualifies it as "theirs" but I'm still quite upset about this..
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited August 2010
    Sun2401 wrote:

The clothing is all exactly the same. Same with the hair colour, lipstick, etc.
    yep, I see it :(
  • Options
    GeorgefPlayGeorgefPlay Posts: 4,459 Member
    edited August 2010
    Reported for you ;)
  • Options
    BittenAngelBittenAngel Posts: 2,933 Member
    edited August 2010
    Oh wow. I must admit milo that sim is gorgeous! I've downloaded and rec'd.

Also reported the other person. =]

Don't let the naughty people put you off. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2010

haha, thank you very much! That's very kind of you. 8)
  • Options
    edited August 2010

It's not problem :) She'll go nicely into my legacy me thinks.
    Spice it up a little. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2010

It's not problem :) She'll go nicely into my legacy me thinks.
    Spice it up a little. :mrgreen:

ooh, fun! :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Where's the hair from by the way? :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I think it might come with her when you download, but it's from newsea at TSR. ( bad place, nice hair.)
  • Options
    edited August 2010

I think it might come with her when you download, but it's from newsea at TSR. ( bad place, nice hair.)

Awesome. :lol: I hope it does transfer...TSR frightens me. :oops:
  • Options
    BattiBoopBattiBoop Posts: 580 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Miloandotis, I must say, I LOVE YOUR USERNAME! It is easily one of the best movies ever made. :wink:

As for the sim, there isn't much we can do about it. Plagerism on this site is a sticky situation, because moderators are dealing with too much spam and innappropriate content to really weed out all the copy cats.

Its very sad though, and I'm really sorry it happened to you. However, you'll be happy to know that your sim is represented much better, and if I had to choose, your's would be the one I would download. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    BattiBoop wrote:
    Miloandotis, I must say, I LOVE YOUR USERNAME! It is easily one of the best movies ever made. :wink:

As for the sim, there isn't much we can do about it. Plagerism on this site is a sticky situation, because moderators are dealing with too much spam and innappropriate content to really weed out all the copy cats.

Its very sad though, and I'm really sorry it happened to you. However, you'll be happy to know that your sim is represented much better, and if I had to choose, your's would be the one I would download. :)

Haha, thanks. :]

By the way, Milo and Otis are actually my dogs names which is where my username came from. But I must say it's an awesome movie too. x)
  • Options
    DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    edited August 2010
    Battiboop, loves your siggie :thumbup:
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2010
    Sun2401 wrote:

The clothing is all exactly the same. Same with the hair colour, lipstick, etc. Maybe changing it just slightly qualifies it as "theirs" but I'm still quite upset about this..

If that is the case then they is no harm done. if the clothing is available to all simmers as well as makeup and such that alone does not constitute plagarism. :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Sun2401 wrote:

If that is the case then they is no harm done. if the clothing is available to all simmers as well as makeup and such that alone does not constitute plagarism. :D

What counts as "harm"? I'm pretty angry about this. And it obviously was copied from mine because they used all the same patterns and colours I created, which means it's just the same as using my sims exact face. Either way it's still hurtful, and not right, and therefore deserves to be reported.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited August 2010
    Goldmoldar wrote:
    Sun2401 wrote:

What counts as "harm"? I'm pretty angry about this. And it obviously was copied from mine because they used all the same patterns and colours I created, which means it's just the same as using my sims exact face. Either way it's still hurtful, and not right, and therefore deserves to be reported.

For one, looking at yours and looking at hers. I see the skin color is not the same and the lips itself is not the same. If the character does not entirely look like yours, how can you say it is a copy. I see a lot of work on this forum that almost look identical and if that is the case, there is a lot of plagarism going on. The question is what can you do about it? very little if anything at all. Reporting means nothing because that is not real punishment. If that person intentions was to actually copy your work, it was a poor job if anything done by her. Some people do actually go out and copies other people work down to the last detail, but sometimes it is a message that they are saying, You can't take me to court and sue me, so what. All you are left with is feeling hurt but in a day or two you move on. The only way you can assure that your work stays yours is not to upload. EA tells you to share, but it somehow forgot about the EA TOS anything that you upload is fair game and one can manipulate work that is not theirs and make it like they did it and what recourse do you have, almost none. It would be nice if people did not copy off another, but this is not a perfect world. Like I said your sim is beautiful :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    *sigh.*

Whatever you say.
  • Options
    Isabella_SchatzIsabella_Schatz Posts: 3,966 New Member
    edited August 2010
    What is wrong with people these days t0139.gif Seriously am considering to not even upload anything since people have zero ettiquette.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    What is wrong with people these days t0139.gif Seriously am considering to not even upload anything since people have zero ettiquette.

I know, right? :( But I don't think you should let that stop you! You make great sims.
  • Options
    DajaboDajabo Posts: 937 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Rec'd yours and reported the other
  • Options
    elizka93elizka93 Posts: 756 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I don't think people should report it. :?

I see the resemblance and know where you are coming from but this person obviously didn't mean any harm. It's just like downloading CC then uploading Sims including that CC. You uploaded it, so that's like giving it away.