The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Problems Installing Updated World

dougas2dougas2 Posts: 20 New Member
I'm attempting to create my own world with the CAW program. I wanted to test out what I already done and was able to successfully install the first version of the world. However, after going back, making additions and corrections to my world I am unable to install the new version to the game.

What I've done so far in an attempt to get the new version to work:
1)Removed the world file from the download folder within the Sims 3 folder.
2)Removed the World File from the Installed Worlds folder.
3)Removed the Object and Sims packages from the WorldCaches folder.
4)Renamed the world within the CAW program. I even went so far as to rename the World via the Layers tool.

Everytime I attempt to install the newest version of my world I keep getting the message "This Package is already installed."

Anyone able to assist me with getting the newest version of my world installed?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, but none of us has been able to figure out how to remove the old version, so the exchange will not let you add a new version - it does not matter what you do to the world - nothing will allow you to replace the original with a new version. I know, it's stupid. They should allow you to do a version that would overwrite the original, but it won't as it sees the map itself apparently and not the name you call it or what you put on the map. People have been complaining about this since we could build worlds and place them on the exchange.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    roxsroxs Posts: 505 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I don't have any trouble installing the latest version of my worlds. I test them all the time. I don't upload them to the exchange, and you don't have to rename them. First uninstall the world on the launcher, then delete it from "Downloads", then delete it from "Exports", you might also look in "Saves", then delete the world's "Sims and Objects" files in "WorldCaches". Then export it again when you want to from CAW.

If you put it on the exchange, delete it from your studio. You can upload it to a file hosting web site(there are many free, Mediafire, 4shared, exct). You can put a link to it on the WORLDINDEX at the beginning of this forum if you want to share it when it is done. :wink: