Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Novelcy Chalenge--Official Rules Posted on Page 2--Come try it out!

Comments

• Options
    KyrstenAKyrstenA Posts: 1,893 Member
    edited August 2010
    bump
  • Options
    crg1999crg1999 Posts: 6,252 New Member
    edited August 2010
    You put a lot of time in those rules, I can tell ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Ha, that I did... :) I'm hoping people will be able to give me some feedback and give it a test drive!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    bump...
  • Options
    TurtleyAwesomeTurtleyAwesome Posts: 511 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Cool, I've got, like all ten books picked out. :P Although for some of them I'd have to do a little bit of 'alternate storyline' in order to get the characters to even have kids.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Awesome! When you get it started, post a link on here! If enough people like the idea, I'll keep a list of all the stories on the first page :D What books are you thinking? I know you said a dystopia, are you thinking Handmaid's Tale, 1984, Brave New World type stuff??
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    1984 is generation three. :D I'm starting off with the Hunger Games. Starving people, a cruel government, and children killing each other on live TV! Yay!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Amg, please post the link once you have it up! I would LOVE to follow it :mrgreen: I've been looking for some new stories to read and that sounds like it'd be awesome
  • Options
    afkthenadafkthenad Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited August 2010
    Ahhh! I just love this. I am definantly going to try it out, but after one of my two current legacies are over with, but Bookmarked for future use!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    afkthenad wrote:
    Ahhh! I just love this. I am definantly going to try it out, but after one of my two current legacies are over with, but Bookmarked for future use!

Yay! :D My first bookmark! That makes me so happy that you'll try it out. Make sure you post a link to the story when you get to it eventually :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    bump
  • Options
    TerraCooperTerraCooper Posts: 2,300 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I've got this bookmarked, and as soon as I wrap up at least my two DITFT projects, I'll definitely do this.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yay!

I wish I knew how to get more publicity without bumping the board. I hate bumping... I think it's cheap. Maybe I'll make a siggy for it?... Any recommendations on someone who makes good signatures?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
  • Options
    edited August 2010

That was amazing! Ah, makes me want to read the book :D The pictures look great, too.

untitled-1.jpg

For some reason, I really really loved this one especially. I don't even know why. It's just so simple or something :)

I'm updating the front page now :D
  • Options
    TerraCooperTerraCooper Posts: 2,300 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Well, I'm having a bit of trouble with one of my files, and if I lose it, this will be the first challenge I go to. so my Novelcy might begin sooner rather than later.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Well, I'm having a bit of trouble with one of my files, and if I lose it, this will be the first challenge I go to. so my Novelcy might begin sooner rather than later.

Oh no! For your sake, I hope all goes well. But the bad side of me hopes that you will be forced to start sooner... :twisted:

But seriously, I REALLY hope you don't lose your stuff! I've had that happen once before and it was slightly traumatizing.
  • Options
    RaeNicRaeNic Posts: 767 Member
    edited August 2010
    KyrstenA wrote:

That was amazing! Ah, makes me want to read the book :D The pictures look great, too.

untitled-1.jpg

For some reason, I really really loved this one especially. I don't even know why. It's just so simple or something :)

I'm updating the front page now :D

I agree, it was really good. I have the book just haven't read it yet. I'm waiting for my brother to finish but with school back I may not get to it in awhile..
    I wish I could think of a really good book to use for this..hmmm..maybe I'll use a book I'm reading for my English class, like A Midsummer's Night Dream or Beowolfe?? That way I can do homework and play Sims all in one..Idk I'll have to think about it!!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    RaeNic wrote:
    I agree, it was really good. I have the book just haven't read it yet. I'm waiting for my brother to finish but with school back I may not get to it in awhile..
    I wish I could think of a really good book to use for this..hmmm..maybe I'll use a book I'm reading for my English class, like A Midsummer's Night Dream or Beowolfe?? That way I can do homework and play Sims all in one..Idk I'll have to think about it!!

That's exactly my problem, too!

I've thought about the Harry Potter books--but this wouldn't be the right time to do it.

Or maybe a Nora Roberts thing, but I can't bring myself to do that one... At least not yet. I think that one would be really fun, though.

And then I was thinking of a Jane Austen one, but I've only read a couple so far. Her characters always seem to overlap though, so I think that would be fun :D I love the Victorian Era. Best novels ever ever ever.

Now I'm thinking of doing Disney movies! But I don't know if I want to do that yet, either haha.

What English class are you in? a high school one or college? I love English so much :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bump :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    KyrstenA wrote:
    RaeNic wrote:

That's exactly my problem, too!

I've thought about the Harry Potter books--but this wouldn't be the right time to do it.

Or maybe a Nora Roberts thing, but I can't bring myself to do that one... At least not yet. I think that one would be really fun, though.

And then I was thinking of a Jane Austen one, but I've only read a couple so far. Her characters always seem to overlap though, so I think that would be fun :D I love the Victorian Era. Best novels ever ever ever.

Now I'm thinking of doing Disney movies! But I don't know if I want to do that yet, either haha.

What English class are you in? a high school one or college? I love English so much :D

O wow those are all such great ideas!! I love Nora Roberts her books are all great. I've thought of similar authors but can't decide if I really want to do them.
    Jane Austen is such a good idea too!! I think that would be a fun one to do, on any of her novels really. I agree, Victorian Era novels are the best!! haha

I love anything Disney and thought of some but I just can't pick..You can do so many great stories with Disney though..

I'm in a college English class which focuses on British literature.. :)I love English too..and History..
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    RaeNic wrote:
    I'm in a college English class which focuses on British literature.. I love English too..and History..

I have a feeling we would be best friends if we went to school together XD Brit Lit and the history of English/Britain's history are my favorites.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    haha yeah I agree I think we probably would be. :)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    RaeNic wrote:
    haha yeah I agree I think we probably would be. :)

:D :P

So any news on ideas for stories yet?
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Sorry I've been gone for awhile.Classes just started up again!!

No not really. I start to think of something but just can't commit because I don't know how I'd start it or play it out.. I'm thinking if I get really desperate for ideas I'll raid Barnes and Noble for some!! haha

Have you found any ideas you like enough to start??

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top