Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heather's Place by Anjubee

AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
Hello everyone!

It's been a long long time since I've uploaded a completed build that's not an assignment for one of my challenges. Addict's latest BnS challenge was too fun to pass up, so I just had to do it. If you haven't checked out the challenge yet, you can find it here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/240452.page

I was a bit rusty, but I had a lot of fun building this house for my "Sim Lib" story!

Here's the story:

She walks in with her ( 3 ) sons. This ( suspicious ) family is your next project. Upon talking with them, you find the ( O'Hara ) family has lived in Sunset Valley for ( 33 ) years. After all this time in the same house, they’ve decided it is time for a fresh start. That’s where you come in.
“ ( 3 ) months ago,” she begins, “my sons told me it was time for a/n ( sweet ) house. I told them I wouldn’t move in ( 66 ) million years! Nope, not me!” She laughs, “I recently had a bit of luck and came across ( 99 ) thousand simoleons. So of course, here we are!”

“The house we had was ( 3 ) bedrooms. This time, we’d like ( 3 ). That should be a challenge for you. We want to make sure the bedrooms can accommodate the family comfortably. The boys are within ( 10 ) years of one another, so please keep that in mind as far as decor and needs. My favorite color is ( green ). The boys vary. I’ll let you figure out what works. I’d really love a/n ( serene ) ( white ) kitchen, and the boys talked about really wanting a cool ( library ). We have kind of a weird request. We’d also like exactly ( 3 ) ( yellow ) ( potted ivy ) /s. We’ll probably make ( 23 ) thousand more simoleons on the old place, so you can add that to my winnings for the ( clean ) total budget.”

You can tell she is wrapping up as she ( danced ) from her chair. "You are such ( introverted ) person to work with," she says. "I hope you have an ( cozy ) day!"

So, yeah! My total budget was 122k simoleans, which was pretty generous for a 3 bedroom house, so I decided to make sure this house was very spacious and playable for 3 boys to run around. I made the first floor more feminine for "mom" and the upstairs a bit more masculine as that is the "boy's zone."

This spacious 3 bedroom 3 and a half bathroom sweet traditional house features a serene white kitchen, a formal dining room, an elegant master suite, a fireplace in the great room, a laundry room, attached garage, a "cool" library, and a grilling deck. This was built on 15 Maywood Lane for 120k simoleans.

Link to Lot

covershot.png

heather_02.jpg

heather_04.jpg

heather_05.jpg

heather_08.jpg
Can you spot the 3 potted ivys? :)

heather_11.jpg

heather_14.jpg

heather_16.jpg

heather_17.jpg

More screens in the slide show below.

th_covershot.png

Thanks for taking a look! :)

Comments

• Options
    melissagibbmelissagibb Posts: 752 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Your awesome. Love it! :wink:
  • Options
    RxsChldrnRxsChldrn Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2010
    awesome work! i really like the design of the bedroom and the dining room, i really like your color combination and patterns. gave it a rec! =)
  • Options
    altheaquinaltheaquin Posts: 5,013 Member
    edited August 2010
    Rusty :shock: . Your rusty is my best work! It looks amazing. A rec, of course.
    nnsig1_zps7a3fd5f0.pngs4gsig_zpseed8c92c.png
  • Options
    pdxwinnpdxwinn Posts: 1,787 Member
    edited August 2010
    Beautifully done! Nice work!
  • Options
    noah13noah13 Posts: 282
    edited August 2010
    This Building is Perfect!!! Great Job Anju "Download and Rec" :D
  • Options
    gelfishleogelfishleo Posts: 228 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Beautiful! I love the colors you picked, especially in the dining room. Rec from me. :D
  • Options
    AlliumAllium Posts: 1,874 New Member
    edited August 2010
    JUJU HAS A NEW LOT!!

AddEmoticons04262.gif

It's gorgeous too, oh we have missed the 'good doll' on the exchange!!!

The sage cladding with the stonework is charming and the interiors are stunning. Full of Juju taste and style, I love them. The Dining room is elegant & beautiful.

REC, REC'D, REC'D

More, More more!!!! :D

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Alli: Yes! What is all this about a doll? I'm kinda glad I didn't download anything from anywhere during that time period so all my files are clean! Only good dolls here. :) Much <3 and looking forward to seeing Alli lots I haven't checked out yet soon.

gelfishleo: Thank you! The dining room was the first room I decorated and it turned out so nicely, I was inspired to decorate everything else with no real problems.

noah13: Thank you! :) You've been busy. I see some lots in your studio. Good job!

pdxwinn: Thanks!

altheaquinn: Thank you for your kind words! :)

RxsChldrn: Those are my 2 favorite rooms too. Thanks a bunch!

melissagibb: You're awesome too! You have some great builds!
  • Options
    TamlynTamlyn Posts: 295 Member
    edited August 2010
    A gorgeous house, though I admit, given your family was suspicious, I expected a dungeon hidden under the pretty or a still out back or something ;)
  • Options
    MacyQueenMacyQueen Posts: 2,321 New Member
    edited August 2010
    lovely!
    you call that rusty? :lol:
    i cant decide on my favourite room :P
    i love the accent wall in the bedroom though :)
    rec'd and fav'd
    gonna look through your studio now :D
  • Options
    kimjo313kimjo313 Posts: 3,865 Member
    edited August 2010
    We should all be so rusty! Really like the feminine besroom. Very soft and romantic. Rec'd
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.
    Abraham Lincoln

• Options
    Kandi98Kandi98 Posts: 6
    edited August 2010
    very nice! how you were able to build the oven into the counter?
  • Options
    vanilijavanilija Posts: 3,411 New Member
    edited August 2010
    So pretty! Love the stone on the exterior walls. Mom's bedroom looks beautiful. Love the colors and the patterns you used. I saw it on the exchange so I already gave you a rec. :D
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited August 2010
    Exciting.png

OMG, OMG, OMG ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Juju has a new lot!

*peacy runs around in circles high on sugar and juju building goodness*

i just love the colour scheme. you always amaze me with your colour choices. it always looks so comforting. you got to love that bedroom and dining room too. get work!

*scuttles over to the exchange to rec*
  • Options
    Cera13Cera13 Posts: 891 Member
    edited August 2010
    This is great! I love the colors you've used! Got it rec'd!
  • Options
    ecofriend2ecofriend2 Posts: 467 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Wow, what a lovely house! I love it, and I love the colors! I'm speechless...lol!
  • Options
    noah13noah13 Posts: 282
    edited August 2010
    Thank you Anju I've worked really hard on those lots and I'm planning on starting this whole Apartment series. I already have one finished and I'm working on another one right now and at the same time I'm working on a new Hotel so it makes my work even Harder but when they're finished I'm starting a forum to both of them :D
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SparkleSparkle Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited August 2010
    Love it Juju! That down stairs area is lovely, beautiful colour choice and mixture. I'm really impressed by just how well that master bedroom works, not a pattern I would ever have considered using but it looks good here :) And Alli's right about the green and the stone cladding on the outside of the house, they work really well together :D
    Origin: sparklesim | Twitter | Facebook | Click below to read about my Sims 4 Hood
    SparkleSimsSig2.png
  • Options
    PollySimPollySim Posts: 578 New Member
    edited August 2010
    That pattern in the master bedroom is stunning. I adore it.

Your colour palette is beautiful as you have made it work for every room. I sometimes struggle to envisage exactly how a colour will look right in a certain room.

Fantastic.

Px
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    PollySim: I admit, I probably spend the longest tweaking color combinations before I even layout the furniture. In most cases, I find an item in game that already has colors that work well together (be it an existing pattern or whatnot) and then I tweak it a little bit. In this case, it was the heather flower that I pulled my colors from. I loved the look of green and a peachy pink, hence why I named this build. So glad you liked it!

Sparkly: I was actually quite hesitant to use that pattern as well! Especially with the original colors it had. When I found the right color combination for it though, I couldn't imagine switching out the pattern for anything else. Much <3!

ecofriend2: Haha, thanks!

Cera13: Thank you too! :)

Peacy: OMG! Haha! I missed your black smilies. You always manage to use the most appropriate one for your posts. *glomps*

vanilija: Thank you for your support! I saw you had a lot up too and gave it a rec as well. :)

Kandi98: If you use the moveobjects cheat and buy by holding down "alt," you can move things wherever you want. :) The most important thing to keep in mind is to make sure it is still playable.

kimjo313: Thank you!

MacyQueen: Thanks for the compliments! You are sweet. Hope you like what you see in my studio. :) It's been awhile since I last uploaded a completed lot.

Tamlyn: Haha! I figured it was suspicious enough that of all the requests 3 boys could make, they wanted a "library." I think if I had decided to enter the optional challenge, I might have been tempted to make things even more suspicious, but I'm just not into creating sims. =x
  • Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited August 2010
    this looks really good. i really like the color green you gave it. the interiors are looking good also. i am going over to give you a rec,
  • Options
    BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    edited August 2010
    Oh wow, it looks so lovely and peaceful. I'd never want to leave if I lived there! I love the colours and the layout of the kitchen and the front garden is gorgeous, very highly rec'd :D
    apple-signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bluebell: Thanks, babe! I wouldn't mind living there myself. :)

kquinn: Thank you very much for your support. :)
  • Options
    aubrierocks2aubrierocks2 Posts: 2,119 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I love your houses Anjubee! :D Glad your back, and I really like the home-y feel to it, like its for a family, not all just modern. Great job! Once again, love your houses.
  • Options
    JoubertCGJoubertCG Posts: 106 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Very nicely done. Like the upstairs desk area. Perfect for lil sims to do their homework. :)