Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone have a world that has no lots on it?

I am looking for a medium sized world that has all the decor and what nots but no lots. I want to be able to add the lots myself. I am just sick of CAW at the moment. For some reason since I was able to get CAW to load, any land I export and try to add to the game. Wont allow me to save in game. Its becoming so very frustrating!

I love to build more than play, but I would love for a world that already has the roads and sidewalks and all that fun stuff that I dont have to sit and delete every single lot to be able to rebuild.

I just want to be able to have houses that fit my game play and that kind of stuff. Without the hassle of CAW since its not working correct for me since Ambitions came out. The in game world editor that came with ambitions is great and like I said if I can just find a complete world with no lots it would be perfect!

Comments

• Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited July 2010
    Hey Aynat,

I haven't seen any worlds like you're referring to. I did an urban city layout without lots for someone here, but it's a large map, with just a road grid. No trees, spawners, or texture painting. You can find it in my studio here.

Hope you find what you're looking for. I figured with Ambition world editor out we would have seen more lotless worlds out by now.
  • Options
    aynat134aynat134 Posts: 638 Member
    edited July 2010
    Ty Auntie!

I thought the same thing about the worlds with no lots, but I guess alot of ppl are still having probs with CAW. Like I said in the first post, I am quite frustrated with CAW since Ambitions!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Can you not save at all, or will it not let you open up a saved game?
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2010
    I thought Rox did one- was the name Rox?

Anyway... I've only seen the one I think I saw. :lol:

I put up Longview's CAW files without lots and not many objects on it~ a lite version really.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I can go in and remove the lots from any of my worlds, if you want. . .
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    It will not save at all....I have tried 3 different maps I was working on. And nothing. It acts like its going to save then goes to desktop, not crashing, just like it would once its done saving. But then when I go to load the exported installed file. It takes me back to the original install again, with no changes I made were saved. I even took my Mountain Ridge CAW files I had posted on here and exported and installed and that wont even save after installed either. I have no mods or anything on my pc. It has to do with the patch I believe. I am sure I will figure something out in time. For now I can install other peoples maps and it saves for me. Just not anything I am exporting from my CAW.

I have tried everything. I even did a total reinstall of the Operating System. But nothing worked.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ty Rflong, thats ok though, I was just hoping to find one already done. I guess I can just sit and empty all the lots on one of the maps I downloaded. I was just hoping not too! <--such a pain in the rear!

I am just mad that none of my maps from CAW are working for me!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I bet you are. It sounds so frustrating.

All my lots are on one layer so I only have to delete it and export it for you. But I understand.

Good luck.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yikes!

I wonder if it has something to do with the way it's bundling the files when you're exporting.

We could try some testing. You could upload your Caw files, and I could export them and do a check in game. If that works, at least you'd be able to use what you're working on.

If you want to do that you can PM me at TS3CC
    http://builders.forumotion.net/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&page_profil=friends&u=31
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Auntie...After I tried 3 of my maps. I went to this page http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/179656.page and tried to use these caw files just to see if it had to do with maybe an error in what I was doing. But even Mountain Ridges files that I posted on that link will not allow me to save after I exported them again. I am gonna try to download another persons CAW files on that post and see if I have any luck. If not its my CAW thats messed up.

Maybe I have a corrupt patch download. If someone elses files wont work, I will have to uninstall it all again and maybe try to find another site to download that patch.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Well good luck. If you need anyone to test your caw files, you know where to find me.

And I have another Caw file for the DIY thread. I'll post it there with links.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2010
    Didn't BSI Regina make a build world just for building houses and things in?

Also aynat if you flip back to the first few weeks of the CAW forum you will find what you are looking for because there were a lot of new CAW users who had not quite got the feel for adding houses. It was mostly the worlds with roads and lots.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited July 2010
    It seems my patch may be corrupt. I cant get any CAW files to export properly from my CAW. I did notice and not sure what it means but in game where you can chose if you want to play a new game or a saved game. I clicked on a blank save that is listing but wont load <--never noticed that before. A little message appears that says something like can not load because of content not installed to allow it to work.....cant remember excautly what it said word for word. So I will have to try to re install everything and try to grab the patch from a different site and see if that was the problem. I have nothing else installed to have a message like that so. I have to work for a few hours today so I will try it when I get home!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    OMG I can just kick myself! I figured it all out, I had custom paints for terrains and such that I never reinstalled to my CAW folder when I downloaded the new CAW update! I added those and its working again! 3 stupid little files that have drove me totally nuts for 2-3 weeks!