Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Desperate Sims: Season Finale Machinima! Viewable on the first post! *Update 8/25/10*

headerseason3small.jpg
..............................................::: Now Updated Monday through Friday (Sort Of) :::
+++ --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- +++

**** SEASON 3 FINALE MACHINIMA ****

Into Dust is a Machinima compilation of flashbacks and events as the Season 3 climax for my Sims 3 Drama, Desperate Sims. I'd like to say I was a bit nervous about doing this, because it was my first ever machinima... Actually, first ever video anything. I've never worked with a movie editing program before, so trying to put this together was a bit of a (well worth it) migraine.

Also, my computer, while being pretty nice quality for gaming, is not built for recording, so the video is not super high quality. For those reasons, I apologize if it's not the b3est-machinima-EVAhR!1!! I worked very hard to do the best I could, so I'd appreciate any criticism to remain helpful or non-existent.

Season 3 is about two boys, the Kane brothers, who fall for the same girl; when one boy tries to sabotage her relationship with his brother, dire events occur that lead to her death. This machinima focuses on the contrast between the wonderful times they had, and the painful events of the present -- and drops hints of the brutal feud to come.

+++ --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- +++

Once upon a time, in a little ol' town called Twinbrook, a family known as the Kanes lived peaceful, happy lives. Everyone in town led perfect little lives in perfect little houses, and nothing ever, ever, went wrong.

Hahahaha... NOT.

Desperate Sims is a story about crime, jealousy, love, hate, lust, suffering, joy, disgruntlement, and... everything in-between. It starts with the family of Jebidiah Kane, a man destined for greatness, but follows a path that could possibly lead him to lose everything. Yet, during a time when nothing ever seems to go right, the strongest bonds between family and friends are born... And this is where the story has led up until now.

... Well, sort of. I'm sure the Kanes would argue the particulars of that synopsis. ;)

The story is now on it's 3rd Season; it took me a while to get the courage to advertise it, so there's quite a bit of content to plug through if you want to get completely caught up. However, I do my best to reference back to previous events in later posts so that it makes a bit more sense to those who don't have time to read all of it.

Below is an archive of all past Episodes, and each time I post a bump I'll include a link to the latest post.

- Prologue -
Part 1: The Devil You Don't Know
Part 2: How It Started: Part 1
Part 3: How It Started: Part 2
Part 4: How It Started: Part 3

SeasonOneTitle.jpg

Synopsis: As Jebidiah and Meredith settle into their marriage, Meredith discovers a secret about her husband's true occupation, and tries to reconcile with his better qualities in order to stay positive about their future. Meanwhile, Jebidiah's Company seems to be growing stronger, but he must go to desperate lengths in order to attempt to save it from crumbling to distaster... A job that becomes increasingly difficult as they plot one of the greatest schemes Riverview has ever seen.

Episode 1: A Sketchy Proposition
Episode 2: The Gossip Girls
Episode 3: The Big Tip
Episode 4: Diversions
Episode 5: Fickle Suspicion...
Episode 6: The Seed of Doubt
Episode 7: Covering Leaks
Episode 8: The Weak Link
Episode 9: In Broad Daylight
Episode 10: Not Such an Idle Threat...
Episode 11: Your Cheatin' Heart
Episode 12: A Measure of Broken Hearts
Episode 13: Absolutely Criminal
Episode 14: No Matter What
Episode 15: Love Through Betrayal
Episode 16: The Deadly Sins
Episode 17: The Search for Truth
Episode 18: Who Killed Carl Strummer?
Episode 19: Love's Insanity
Finale: Fight or Flight?
Loose Ends: Season One Wrap-Up

seasontwotitle.jpg

Synopsis: After the Kanes seek to flee from the hammer of the law, they must make sacrifices and hard choices in order to keep their family intact. But, while settling into the small town of Twinbrook, temptations arise that threaten to destroy what they have left, and secrets begin to unfold that are tried so desperately to be concealed... Secrets threatened to be revealed once the past catches up to haunt them.

Episode 1: A New Life
Episode 2: The Strange New Place We Live
Episode 3: Skeleton in the Closet
Episode 4: Unexpected
Episode 5: Food for Thought
Episode 6: The Waking Dead
Episode 7: Learn to Be Lonely: Farah's Story
Episode 8: The Gift of Life
Episode 9: Friends, Foes, and Flirts
Episode 10: Lost: Meredith's Marbles
Episode 11: When All Else Fails... 
Episode 12: Burying the Past
Episode 13: The Power of Women
Episode 14: Beyond the Book's Cover
Episode 15: Guilt and Innocence 
Finale: Be Careful What You Wish For
Loose Ends: Season Two Wrap-Up

seasonthreetitle.jpg

Synopsis: With the Kane's safety unsteadily guaranteed by a troublesome agreement, life continues on as normal... Sort of. Tensions run high between the Kane parents once realizations set in, and more stupid mistakes are made by both in an effort to find peace. Meanwhile, the boys struggle through their teenage years, a time made increasingly difficult once their dreams are forgotten because of these things called "girls"... leading to a struggle that could ruin their friendship forever.

Episode 1: Tell Me What You Want (What You Really, Really Want!)
Episode 2: Something's Fishy
Episode 3: Playing with Fire
Episode 4: The Last Straw
Episode 5: Boy Plus Girl Equals...
Episode 6: Absolution
Episode 7: Best I Ever Had
Episode 8: What You Can't Understand
Episode 9: Reality
Episode 10: Teenage Mutant Ninja Hormones
Episode 11: Make Up or Break Up
Episode 12: Unforgivable
Episode 13: Some Subtle Subterfuge
Episode 14: Jade's Slip Up
Episode 15: Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Scorned
Episode 16: Into Dust (Machinima)
Episode 17, Finale: War and Peace

Be sure to leave a comment if you stop by, and be sure to leave the address to your own stories as well so I can pay a visit! It may take me a bit, but I always do!

For the link to the main site, click on the thingy-in-my-siggy, or just go to http://desperatesims.blogspot.com/ .

And, as always, Happy Simming to all!

Comments

• Options
    ChelseaO_oChelseaO_o Posts: 1,363
    edited July 2010
    I think that this sounds very cool! I'm off to read what I can before I have to leave!
  • Options
    ChrysameChrysame Posts: 528 New Member
    edited July 2010
    This is a wonderfully well written blog. I'm seriously hooked. I highly recommend this to everyone. Basically, it rocks!

• Options
    mmmcheezy225mmmcheezy225 Posts: 631 Member
    edited July 2010
    I second what Chrysame said, definitely worth reading.
  • Options
    Nicarra60Nicarra60 Posts: 2,916 Member
    edited July 2010
    Third agree. The Kane family is very interesting and Kaleeko's blog is well worth following.
    My Sim Story blogs -- Hi Mum, It's Sammy || WA with the Grants || Art flows through || Sims Short Stories (Adult content warning)
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited July 2010
    Reading Desperate sims is like reading a novel. A very very good novel. It's full of mystery, suspense, drama, etc...
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    SelahFreeAtLastSelahFreeAtLast Posts: 5,102 Member
    edited July 2010
    :thumbup:
    ID selahfreeatlast @deema316 on twitter
  • Options
    MJ_RoseMJ_Rose Posts: 38
    edited July 2010
    Love the story. It's very interesting and unpredictable.
  • Options
    ChrysameChrysame Posts: 528 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Not only is Kaleeko's blog awesome but she also made me a great header for my blog. I'm using it as my signature now, too.

Thank you so much, Kaleeko!

I can't wait for Season 3 of Desperate Sims!
  • Options
    jenaben8806jenaben8806 Posts: 3,209 Member
    edited July 2010
    All I can say is..wow! It's freaking awesome!
  • Options
    KaleekoKaleeko Posts: 586 Member
    edited July 2010
    Thank you all so much for the recommendations. :D (And hey, while you're at it, visit their blogs too! Do eeeet!)

I may've made Chrysame's header thingie, but she gets the credit for making one Hawt Momma. ;) Go download her avatar! She's foxy!

First post in Season Three should be up sometime tonight, now that I'm back from my psuedo-vacation. ^^
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Newest Post is up here: http://desperatesims.blogspot.com/2010/07/tell-me-what-you-want-what-you-really.html

Excerpt and link were updated in the original post. Thanks for stopping by if you do!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    Polly75Polly75 Posts: 814 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Great story! And writing!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    seaweedyseaweedy Posts: 2,583 Member
    edited July 2010
    I'm glad you are advertising this story, it is very good.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thank you so much! I was a bit nervous about putting it out there, but I've enjoyed writing it so much that it's really hard not to share it.

Forgot to put yesterday's post up, so, Excerpt on the first page is updated, and full post is available here: http://desperatesims.blogspot.com/2010/07/playing-with-fire.html

I'm going to be start updating Mon-Fri from now on (was putting a new post up every day before, need to cut back!), I'll continue to post an excerpt on the front post every time a new post is up.

Many <3's!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It is a very complex tale. I hope they are able to get out from under their money problems.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks! I kinda aim for complexity, so I appreciate you saying that. I do hope it's not *too* complicated, though. ;)

The Kanes will get out of their money problems, eventually... Once their money sink goes away. ^^
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Episode 4 is up! Hooray!

Link is here in case you didn't click to the OP:
    http://desperatesims.blogspot.com/2010/08/last-straw.html

Also just did a refurbish of the site theme to fully update it for Season Three. I think it looks pretty spiffy, but I'd rather hear your thoughts!

• Options
    edited August 2010
    Great chapter and I was impressed with the slideshow feature.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanks! I've been having fun messing around with odds and ends widgets, lately. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Tuesday's update is up! Updated the main post, but also going to put the post excerpt here as well, for those flipping to the end of the thread and not the beginning:

Excerpt from Newest Post:
    Season 3, Episode 5 :: Girl Plus Boy Equals...
    August 3rd, 2010

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.ggpht.com/_ulSjHtbEl5c/TD_FCUHVGxI/AAAAAAAAHUo/4Gy-1EKR_sE/Screenshot-294.jpg[/img]

Bradley's first day in high school... Well. It could've been better. Travis was certainly not the supportive brother he could've been, and Brad had come to realize that he really, really did not fit in. He tried so hard to be funny, but no one laughed at his jokes... He was so friendly to everyone he met, but everyone thought he wasn't being genuine... He tried so hard to be smart, but he just ended up being that nerdy kid who knows too much Star Sims trivia. ("I mean, come on -- who doesn't like Star Sims?")

He didn't quite understand why no one found him entertaining -- he sure thought he was interesting! But... The glasses never lie. He'd been labelled. He couldn't help but wish that High School was over. So, OMP totally, over.

And it was still only his first day.

Screenshot-295.jpg

As he worked on his first high school homework assignment, he realized that he would probably end up spending most of his time here at the library, like all the other studious nerds his age. He didn't particularly care, but, part of him yearned for the great outdoors, for adventure... He was a brilliant inventor, so maybe someday -- someday -- he'd invent something to take him far, far away from here...

... Somewhere where someone would like him.

But Bradley didn't have to go nearly as far -- or wait nearly as long -- as he thought he would in order to get that.

Click here to Read More.

Happy Simming, all!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wednesdays post is up!

Season 3, Episode 5 :: Absolution
    August 3rd, 2010

It is easy to forget... But not so easy to forgive.

For most, the idea of confessing our wrongs is an undesirable feat, an action that only brings more grief than the initial wrong-doing brought upon us. For most, secrets are better left that... Secrets.

But, sometimes, they become so terrifying to bear alone that they must be shared; sometimes, just getting it off our chest can bring relief. But, in the end, guilt may always win out -- especially for one woman who knew the threads of her hypocrisy may be the unraveling of an already threatened marriage...

But maybe, just maybe, he'd forgive her more than she could forgive herself.

It had been days since Meredith had last seen Shamus, when he had charged out of her house in an angry mess of rumpled shirts and frustration. She was proud of herself, that she had done the right thing... At least, eventually. In fact, as days turned into weeks, Meredith thought she could forget that her run-in with Shamus had ever even happened, and that things would just go back to the way they were.

Screenshot-314.jpg

But things didn't just go back to the way they were -- they got even better. Meredith realized that lately, she and Jebidiah felt almost as close as they did when they first got married, all those Sim-long ages ago. When she looked through those ridiculous thick-framed glasses of his, the flattered young girl in her felt more connected with him than she ever had... It was like, for the first time since they moved to Twinbrook, she felt happy.

Except for one thing, that is; and as more time passed, the more Meredith realized that this bright point in the relationship with her husband would remain a facade until she told him the truth.

Click here to Read More.

If you read, please leave a comment here or on the blog. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Friday's post is finally up! I did not post up Thursday's since it may not be entirely forum appropriate, so if you wish to go back and read it first, please do. ;)

Season 3, Episode 7 :: What You Can't Understand
    August 6th, 2010

Screenshot-238.jpg

"Ooo, look at me, I'm Blackjack Kane, best computer hacker in Simerica, I can do anything better than you, except keep my family out of deebbbtt..." Tatianna mocked, clearly a little peeved that she wasn't able to beat him.

[img]http://🐸🐸🐸🐸.ggpht.com/_ulSjHtbEl5c/TE_AmPxK-eI/AAAAAAAAH4c/ohJAqpfESvs/Screenshot-240.jpg[/img]

Jebidiah was not particularly happy with that. "What, so because you're choosing to make my life a living hell, I'm a worse person for it?" He lowered his voice, and continued. "Yeah right, Tatianna, the only reason you're milking me for money is because I actually have the skills to make some, and you're just a half-bit loser whose only talent is making everyone else miserable, so you'd rather sit on your butt all day and let someone else make your living for you!"

Screenshot-241.jpg

"Don't you dare accuse me of being lazy, Mr. Kane!" Tatianna jibed back. "Not when it's your own fault that you're in this position! I am doing you a favor, you should be thanking me!"

"Yeah... right," Jeb said with sarcasm, scrunching his nose and turning away. "You're nothing but a thorn in my side, Tatianna... You're worth nothing, to anyone... you're just following me around because you're too lonely to admit you have no one else. You're pathetic... and I feel sorry for you."

As he disappeared down the stairs to leave the academy, Tatia's heart sank; she knew he was right, and there was nothing worse in the world than having to admit that.

Click here to Read It All.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Instead of asking for advice from others, Bradley should listen to his heart.