Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CasaNova - complete world. version 3 (free of CC) is up

Comments

• Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited August 2010
    redsilkSim wrote:
    I tried to install the world but couldnt..it said i need to update my software and i have all the updates and expansion packs..dont know what the problem is..such a beautiful looking world..

I'm sorry to hear that. I don't know what can cause that. Did you try 2nd version? It's free of the store content. You can find it in the 1st post.
  • Options
    spartan012spartan012 Posts: 253
    edited August 2010
    WOW AMAZING! :thumbsup:

I think your world looks like Las Vegas at night...for some odd reason :D
  • Options
    AmberzipAmberzip Posts: 68 New Member
    edited August 2010
    I was also unable to install V1. I had the store content but did not get it via EA :oops:. I also have WA, HELS, and AMB and am totally patched up. I was able to download V2 and will check it out later!
  • Options
    ZilvraZilvra Posts: 419 New Member
    edited August 2010
    Whee! I'm downloading now! Thanks for making such a beautiful world and sharing it with us :)

Zilvra
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2010
    Are you aware that there is a bunch of TSR custom content in here and some of it is know as troublesome and a few show as corrupt with custard. Some plants, some patterns, a couple of beds, a bathroom set, some cabinets, decor, and a host of other things. I will pass on this one.

You simmers unable to download, try updating just your EADM. When that is done then check to see if your game is updated. There is one patch that will not show up until you update the EADM and adobe air.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the warning WR, I was just considering downloading this world. I don't want CC, especially from TSR.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2010
    And especially that CC. Would you believe I finally get my harddrive going and the Sims back on my pc, and I decide to download THIS world - BIG MISTAKE. Nowhere did the poster mention or even show any CC that I can find, but seeing it is the ONLy thing I have downloaded onto a brand new harddrive other than my store stuff, well it came from this world. So back to the drawing board for me. Haven't even got to play Sims yet with my new drive and already forced to uninstall/reinstall. You cannot begin to know how hard it is for me right now to even be civilized, but I'm trying very, very hard. But the warning needs to go out as the cashcraft bed from TSR and the Arcana stuff including the plants are especially bad, bad, bad. The other bed shows corrupt files as do something called cottage curtain. There are at least 8 patterns from tsr dated back to when they had the attachment problem and some problem with workshop which a couple are known to cause crashing or lag. So DM, I'd really steer clear of this one even though it is very pretty world - what is the point of having it?

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't know what to say, you can't seem to catch a break can you? I am sorry your having to do another manual uninstall. I know what a pain that is.
    Your world looks nice White Lily, but like a lot of others, I don't want the CC included. It causes too many issues in the game.
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited August 2010
    I had not downloaded yet because I have 3 worlds I'm testing. WR, so sorry you ran into a problem but remember that there is a chance White Lily didn't realize TSR content would come down with the world. You and I have both seen other worlds where the creators were mighty surprised cc was downloaded with it.

I don't install any world now without first checking it with Custard myself. Be very careful with downloading sims, too. Apparently, it's being discovered that non-default skins are packaging with sims and installing in games. The way they are packaging is NOT detectable with any tools available now.

If you're looking for some sims, I downloaded the pack of 44 of them that Stw??, shucks, forgot the numbers, did for Hope Island. They are avowed to be cc free and the 9 I have installed today are. LOL, I now feel like I have a lifetime supply of sims.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I was busy the whole day today and couldn't check this thread. Wow, so many replies)
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Are you aware that there is a bunch of TSR custom content in here and some of it is know as troublesome and a few show as corrupt with custard. Some plants, some patterns, a couple of beds, a bathroom set, some cabinets, decor, and a host of other things. I will pass on this one.

:shock: what beds, cabinets, bathrooms?..... :?: I don't know what are you talking about. I even didn't have those things in my own game. Check all the pictures. There are all lots in detail. Only CC you'll find are few plants, 1 coffee table, and some patterns that I got with other worlds I downloaded in the past. Other than that I didn't use anything else.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Amberzip wrote:
    I was also unable to install V1. I had the store content but did not get it via EA :oops:. I also have WA, HELS, and AMB and am totally patched up. I was able to download V2 and will check it out later!

I don't think that is caused by the store items. I had some experience to download from the exchange with store stuff I didn't have installed. And all those items were replaced by default ones. I really don't know why some people can't install the 1st version. Maybe Writing_Reg is right that the EADM has to be updated.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Your world looks nice White Lily, but like a lot of others, I don't want the CC included. It causes too many issues in the game.

I tried to not use CC. I don't know anything about those beds, cabinets, bathrooms, and so on that Writing_Reg is talking about. I even don't have those things in my own game. I used just 3 custom plants, 1 coffee table, and patterns. Do you see those CC items that Writing_Reg mentioned somewhere in pictures I uploaded on here? Me either.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DarkMirage wrote:

I tried to not use CC. I don't know anything about those beds, cabinets, bathrooms, and so on that Writing_Reg is talking about. I even don't have those things in my own game. I used just 3 custom plants, 1 coffee table, and patterns. Do you see them somewhere in pictures I uploaded here? Me either.

Please don't be offended. I am not just talking about that CC, I don't want any CC at all. I have just had too many issues with it in the past, I have done a total of five manual uninstalls since this game came out a little over a year ago. I just don't want to take any chances. You just need to make people aware that CC does exist in your worlds, there are plenty of people that don't mind at all. Your world looks really nice.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Zilvra wrote:
    Whee! I'm downloading now! Thanks for making such a beautiful world and sharing it with us :)

You are welcome! :D
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    DarkMirage wrote:
    Please don't be offended. I am not just talking about that CC, I don't want any CC at all. I have just had too many issues with it in the past, I have done a total of five manual uninstalls since this game came out a little over a year ago. I just don't want to take any chances. You just need to make people aware that CC does exist in your worlds, there are plenty of people that don't mind at all. Your world looks really nice.

I'm not offended. It's really hard to make me fell like that :wink:

I personally have very few CC in my own game. And I got them with other worlds I downloaded in the past. I don't have any issues running the game because of them.

Ok I'll place the whole list of CC in my first post then :wink:
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you so much for doing this, it will make it easier on all of us that don't use CC.
  • Options
    SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited August 2010
    White Lily this is a beautiful world, and you are obviously a gracious person who goes out of her way to accomodate her downloaders. You're clearly not a newbie, either. However it seems you might not be aware of something that a lot of us who test or try out a wide variety of worlds are coming to discover about CC. It's not something everyone is aware of because I think the problem was insignificant at first but is building momentum as cc fails to be updated, yet proliferates undetected as we share houses and worlds and sims on the Exchange.

Please don't think I'm treating you as a newbie, though I am about to paste in a message I sent earlier today to a newer world creator:
    ***Excerpt from post to another CAW artist****
    I just wanted to be sure you were aware of the problems with some items on the Exchange containing "rogue" custom content. That's custom content that was not supposed to be part of the item, but basically attached itself to the content without the creator being aware of it. There was one particular item nicknamed the "Evil Doll" that has been found in houses, but also on custom patterns and tattoos--things you wouldn't think would have a doll file attached to them. At first the doll was just a basically harmless file but Writin Reg says now it's changed somehow and often contains a malicious script that has bad effects on people's worlds.

Please take some time--it could take several hours, and do a thorough research on the issue of problem custom content and learn how to identify it, how to avoid it, and how to get rid of it from you game when you do find it.

If your game is crashing for you, it is possible you are already infected with bad CC. Even if you think you do not own CC and are sure you did not download any, if you have used items off the Exchange without checking for corrupt or hidden cc, you are likely infected with some.

Here is one place to start learning about bad CC: http://www.infinitesims.com/news/1590/sims-3-exchange-doll-virus/

Here's a thread on our forum about it: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/221938.page

It's not just the "evil doll" you have to watch out for. DollDrms and Writin Reg have been testing worlds and finding other kinds of CC that were in worlds that the creators said had no CC in them. That means these items were either overlooked or attached themselves somehow in a manner similar to how the doll worked.

Please educate yourself as much as you can on the undesirable effects of CC. So far as I know the kind of cc that will cause problems for those of us who download YOUR work off the Exchange is whatever came to you in the form of a Sims3pack. If you use CC in the form of package files, those kinds should not attach to your exports.

This is not meant to be an anti-cc post or a witch hunt against CC creators. I have used CC and I enjoy it. But with the current issues that we are still learning about and dealing with, I am trying to warn CAW World artists to try to avoid having any CC in their game files or in their worlds to protect their downloaders and to build confidence in their work and reputations. Unfortunately we are to the point now that many people who have been burned by bad CC will avoid your world like the plague if they know you did not safeguard against CC and possibly have it attached to your world. Some world builders have issued worlds that require CC but it's done in a very careful, controlled fashion with the downloader understanding the risks and assuming resposibility for their own game.

Okay, infomercial over! :mrgreen:

******End of Copied Text**********
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thanx SummerSong for the info) This may sound weird, but I didn't know about that "doll" problem. I actually do have it installed in my game and because I didn't know her issue, I placed her in my world.....yeah :shock:. I did read those links you gave me, and the problem is I can't uninstall it :lol:. But I never had any crashes of my game that's why I didn't know of this "doll virus". Ok then, I will do version 3 Of CasaNova soon with no CC at all
  • Options
    RxsChldrnRxsChldrn Posts: 50 Member
    edited August 2010
    wow! i really like this world. i think it's very creative and very livable for sims... it's the first time i saw rabbit holes alongside with custom lots working together and i think it's really ingenious how you did them.... by the way, did you recolor the rabbit hole buildings? 'cause i don't remember them looking like yours... anyway, i really had a fun time browsing this thread filled w/ your creations and you really did an amazing job!
  • Options
    acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited August 2010
    i didn't know that we can redo the rabbitholes. are they not rabbitholes? are they functional???

I really love what you have done... I so want to download this, but I'm afraid of the exchange...
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi! Really nice world and you are sweet to try to accomodate everyone. It would be great if you can delete the TSR items and then offer the file again. Store items are OK with me personally - does the wedding venue that you posted in your studio have the items from the store wedding set? That was gorgeous and I have that set so I would love the original lot with those items in it. Also really love the pool with the underwater bar. So cool! I'm going to have to download those two lots for sure! Thank you so much for sharing!
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thank you HappySimmer3!

I'm so sorry guys for that doll virus that goes with this world. I didn't know about the exchange issue and doll dressed toy. I was trying to remove CasaNova with infected doll from my studio but with no luck. I don't know what did EA team do with the exchange that I can't remove anything from my studio anymore :?. I was looking through tech discussion for a solution, but got just 1 reply that this is a common exchange glitch. The thing is that I can't upload a CC free version to my studio if the other version is still there. I get error message saying: "exchange server already has CasaNova". I don't have any other way than to remove the link to version 1 and 2 from this thread and make the 3rd version free of CC. 3rd clean version of CasaNova will be ready today)
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    RxsChldrn wrote:
    wow! i really like this world. i think it's very creative and very livable for sims... it's the first time i saw rabbit holes alongside with custom lots working together and i think it's really ingenious how you did them.... by the way, did you recolor the rabbit hole buildings? 'cause i don't remember them looking like yours... anyway, i really had a fun time browsing this thread filled w/ your creations and you really did an amazing job!

Thank you! I like buildings combined with rabbit halls. I built building like that when I was working on my 1st world and I liked to play with them in game. That's why I decided to build more lots like that for CasaNova.

It's very simple. I built the building first, then used "moveobjects on" cheat code to place rabbit hall next to the building.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    acee313 wrote:
    i didn't know that we can redo the rabbitholes. are they not rabbitholes? are they functional???

I really love what you have done... I so want to download this, but I'm afraid of the exchange...

These are buildings combined with rabbit halls and Yes - they are totally functional. To make it more clear: for example - when I built library and book store, I built library first then used "moveobjects on" cheat code to place the book store next to the library. They work fine together.

I'm so sorry for that doll that goes with this world. I got her with lots downloaded from the exchange and didn't know about that issue. She seems to not affect my computer. I don't have lags or crashes during the game that's why I didn't look for a solution through the forum.

I will do version 3 (CC free) of CasaNova and will post link for download today.
  • Options
    HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    edited August 2010
    It sounds like the Exchange is being difficult again. Sorry you are having trouble! I'm sure you would like to remove the old version as soon as possible.

I am not against CC in general but I prefer to download it myself so that I can check it out. I got some stupidly categorized items from some user created sims that I downloaded from the Exchange, and my poor toddlers were deformed for awhile. It was all very traumatic, LOL. As a result of that experience I checked the other sims I had downloaded and discovered two of them had the doll. I was so glad I never installed those sims before I checked! So luckily I have been doll free so far, since I didn't notice your world until after the doll was discovered so haven't DL your world yet. But I am eagerly looking forward to version 3. :-)
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!