Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sanctuary (World)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited July 2010
    I hope you like playing it, Stw402- thanks for downloading!
    I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    slanty2slanty2 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I love your world!!!
    I downloaded it last night but only had about 15 minute actual game time (no lagging or problems by the way despite moving in about 30 families) as I spent the other hour and a half going through all of your houses in edit town mode and marvelling at how awesome and well designed and unique they are, especially the 3 bedroom cube house which I have my main sim couple living in! You have so many great spots and creations in this world that it's hard to list a favourite but I absolutely love the plaza by the cube house, the underground nightclub at Cabana Club and I find the Easy Sleazy Motel absolutely HILARIOUS!
    Well done. This is my favourite world yet and I've downloaded and played several!
  • Options
    slanty2slanty2 Posts: 35 New Member
    edited July 2010
    p.s I also downloaded the majority of your created families to play. Some great family biographies by the way!! I especially love the Haggs!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Thankyou for your nice comments, slanty2! I'm glad you are enjoying Sanctuary.

I had fun making the lots for Sanctuary; some are based on designs by other people (noted in the Lot Descriptions), but most are my own design. I also have some tombs in this world too- notably the Graveyard and the Military Facility, I don't know if you've seen those yet. Most of the community lots also have plaques/ notices to read as well. :)

Thankyou for downloading my world!
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited August 2010
    Hi simsample,
    I'm very picky when it comes to worlds for Sims 3 but I must say I have a new favorite now. EXCELLENT! :)
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for your comment, Cyron43- I'm glad you like the world!
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    laura93vclaura93vc Posts: 6
    edited July 2011
    The link for downloading the file where you can edit the world in CAW doesn't work :(
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    Thanks laura93vc- I fixed the link in the first post. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    thank you for the quick response! Now I can adjust this amazing world with my own style. I love the shape and the little islands. I was looking for a world like this for a long time because I'm not a very good world shaper.

Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    No problem laura93vc, I would love to see some pictures of what you do with it! :)I hope you have fun.
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    I only have The Sims 3 and late night so the world doens't work in my game.
    Also edit in game mode doesn't work anymore unless you buy generations..(but that's not my question :) )

So when I want to play the world it doens't work
    Is there a way I can play this world? Should I remove things from the world to make it run in my game?
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited July 2011
    laura93vc wrote:
    I only have The Sims 3 and late night so the world doens't work in my game.
    Also edit in game mode doesn't work anymore unless you buy generations..(but that's not my question :) )

So when I want to play the world it doens't work
    Is there a way I can play this world? Should I remove things from the world to make it run in my game?
    It won't work, as the world uses a lot of items that came with World Adventures (including bridges) so without that EP the routing will be horribly broken.

Sorry, but this world requires World Adventures game version 3.2.8/ 2.6.11/ 1.11.7 and above, and Riverview.

If you download the CAW files then you might be able to edit the world to be usable without WA, but that would take quite a lot of work.

You might be better off checking the world index for a world more suited to your game:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/372366.page

For your problem with EIG mode not working, try this:
    http://www.the-isz.com/nraas/index.php?topic=776.msg17489#msg17489
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited August 2011
    Just found this via the World Index and I just love it! I build worlds too so am also a picky downloader, and I cannot wait to get going on this. I downloaded the CAW file as want to make a few changes. Just a few!

I really liked looking at your lots and reading the descriptions.

Will need to decide what to do however as am an addict builder and probably will gear it to one theme, probably modern.

Great creation. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Thank you for downloading, daisylee910!

I'm glad you like Sanctuary, I hope you have fun giving it a makeover! I'm in the process of making an updated version of this world too, as it really would benefit from subways (to make the routing faster).

I hope you'll show me some pictures of what you do with it! :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    daisylee910daisylee910 Posts: 73 Member
    edited August 2011
    It is gracious of you to share the CAW file. It turns out that I am making a lot of changes, but am keeping much, much of what you did as like it so much.

LOL --- I blocked out some subway stops last night. I totally reworked the downtown area and am using some of the most modern highrises from LN. I did nuke 2 of the islands to trim a bit as the overall hood is so large. This will be a fun project.

I will post some pics when more is done. And I need to learn how to post pics here as have not done before.
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    I've made an updated version of this world, you can get it from Sims Cave- please click here.

You do not need to register on that site to view or download.

Screenshot-74.jpg

More images here:
    http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac13/SanctuaryWorld/Sanctuary 2011/

The updated version of Sanctuary has some changes to the lots, some subways to make routing easier, and some new effects and weather.

As always, I have supplied the CAW files too for if you want to edit the world at all. There is also a savegame you can download if you would like it populated. :)

I hope you will test it for me, and let me know of any problems!
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited September 2011
    I downloaded, but haven't had time to play yet. Tonight I'll take it for a spin. :D Can't wait to see the new effects.
  • Options
    TuniifishTuniifish Posts: 1
    edited June 2012
    I do realize that this thread is a bit out-dated, and the links appear to be broken, but I came across this world and would absolutely love to play it! I hope you receive this message ^^
  • Options
    pickledpiepickledpie Posts: 7 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Hey Simsample! Would you mind posting the information regarding the world again? It's not on the first page! Thanks!