Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sanctuary (World)

Nothing to see here.
I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
RUSH
My Worlds

Comments

• Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    edited July 2010
    What's funny is... I just popped over here after spending some time on the Diablo 3 forums :) Is this world named after the world of that Action RPG series, or was there another inspiration? Given that it has tombs, and a cathedral, I had to ask ;)

If not, you've given me an idea, heh :)
  • Options
    JalidaJalida Posts: 2,181 Member
    edited July 2010
    Very very pretty screenshots.
  • Options
    simsamplesimsample Posts: 987 Member
    edited July 2010
    What's funny is... I just popped over here after spending some time on the Diablo 3 forums :) Is this world named after the world of that Action RPG series, or was there another inspiration? Given that it has tombs, and a cathedral, I had to ask ;)

If not, you've given me an idea, heh :)
    I've never played Diablo 3, so it's definitely not named after that. It does have inspirations from other computer games, though. You should definitely make a Diablo world- great idea!

Thankyou both for your nice comments. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    florida1cowboyflorida1cowboy Posts: 1,403 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Sweeeeet! Getting it now. ^^ :)
  • Options
    snuttdisnuttdi Posts: 270 Member
    edited July 2010
    simsample

Your world seems interesting enough...looks like a lot to do and explore! I downloaded it and hopefully will have a chance to play it sometime soon.

I love the detailed description of your world...that helps alot in deciding whether or not to download a world.

I can see that alot of time and effort went into making this world by the pics posted at the photobucket link.

Thanks alot for sharing!
  • Options
    redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2010
    I downloaded Sanctuary and loaded all your premade sims in it but the world keeps freezing up for 12 seconds off and on..its such a beaufiful setup world and i cant play it because of the freeze problem im having..
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm not having this problem in my game- are you running with any custom content? If so, you could try using Delphy's Dashboard Tool or else Windows Process Explorer to see what the game is doing. If it is pausing every few seconds this could be indicative of the game attempting to reload a failed package. Also try resetting your sims- if a sim is stuck it can cause this also. Twallan's Super Computer will allow you to do this for all sims if necessary.
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited July 2010
    I just downloaded this world. It took me aboul 1 hour to check all the lots :shock: How long did you build this world? 2 years? If I'd try to build something like that, I wouldn't have finished it even in 10 years. Even if I would, it wouldn't look even close to your world. Totally beautiful:!: All lots are stunning! I don't have words; Wow! I never have seen something like that :thumbup:

A Huge thank you for sharing it! :P
  • Options
    redsilkSimredsilkSim Posts: 162 Member
    edited July 2010
    Sanctuary is running smoothly and not freezing after i took out this hack that i had in my folder.. thanks so much for your help in sorting this out.. I can play your world.. yay!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thankyou for your comments, white_lily_1988- I'm glad you like the world! It has taken me about seven months to make, as I have been working on it since CAW was released. :)

redsilkSim- I'm glad you found the problem! Well done for sorting it out, and thankyou for letting me know. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited July 2010
    7 months?! wow that's super fast for a such giant world with so many diverse lots. Every lot is so beautiful! All the night clubs look so real; I don't have words; Wow. I couldn't give a reccomendation to this world cause it's not at the exchange area, but I reccomended all your families that I downloaded from your studio :D It's so much fun to play with all of them 8) Thank you!
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    edited July 2010
    Beautiful!
  • Options
    DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    edited July 2010
    Gosh, I've been so busy beta testing a couple of worlds that I almost didn't see this one. I enjoyed the slideshow with the additional pictures, too.

I've downloaded to play. It truly looks well done and I'm looking forward to giving it a test spin. I confess to wishing there had been a save file rather than the need to download families from your studio. I usually avoid the Exchange like I would plague, lol.

Thank you for being so specific with known issues. It's nice to have information like that before playing. I'll be happy to provide feedback after playing in it for a bit.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:
    Gosh, I've been so busy beta testing a couple of worlds that I almost didn't see this one. I enjoyed the slideshow with the additional pictures, too.

I've downloaded to play. It truly looks well done and I'm looking forward to giving it a test spin. I confess to wishing there had been a save file rather than the need to download families from your studio. I usually avoid the Exchange like I would plague, lol.

Thank you for being so specific with known issues. It's nice to have information like that before playing. I'll be happy to provide feedback after playing in it for a bit.
    Thankyou Dolldrms1- I didn't put up a save file originally because this requires manual installation, which is not so desirable. However since you mentioned it, I've uploaded a save here:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/vjH124Oi/Ambitions_Save_file.html
    Note that this is for AMBITIONS ONLY- if you do not have ambitions it will not work. This has all sims moved in and ready to go; it also has the ambitions lots placed (consignment store, fire station and salon are the versions from the Ambitions lot library; junkyard, laundrette and Boxcar diner built rather hastily by me!).
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Simsample, thank you sooooo much for the save file, :) I do have Ambitions and I really appreciate you sharing the save. I would recommend putting the link in your first post so that others with Ambitions can find it easily.

I actually hadn't yet installed Sanctuary because of the additional downloading necessary, a time thing on my end. I am excited that now I can get everything in quickly and just start playing.

The two worlds I have been beta testing so intensely are Kiwi_Tea's Niua Simoa and Riverblossom Hills, both prepopulated. In the last couple of months plus, I haven't found any detriment caused by the prepopulation method. Hence, I am hoping that other creators will also look into offering worlds that are prepopulated in the future.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Dolldrms1, I'm glad that was of use to you! The reason I hadn't already put these up were 1) It requires manual installation, which some people may not be able to do, 2) You have to also install the World file, which may confuse some people or cause error reports due to incorrect file placement; 3) It breaks backward compatibility (the Sims3Pack will work without HELS) and 4) Many people don't like ready populated worlds. However, you raised an interesting point with the downloading time- I hadn't thought of that! So thanks again for your comments. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    simbilN99simbilN99 Posts: 273 Member
    edited July 2010
    simsample wrote:
    DOLLDRMS1 wrote:

Thankyou Dolldrms1- I didn't put up a save file originally because this requires manual installation, which is not so desirable. However since you mentioned it, I've uploaded a save here:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/FDT2IqPd/Ambitions_Only_Save_file.html
    Note that this is for AMBITIONS ONLY- if you do not have ambitions it will not work. This has all sims moved in and ready to go; it also has the ambitions lots placed (consignment store, fire station and salon are the versions from the Ambitions lot library; junkyard, laundrette and Boxcar diner built rather hastily by me!).

Thanks that saves a lot of work :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks Bil- I put the link in the first post, plus a link for the World file if you don't want to use the Launcher. :)

Edit: Create-a-world files also up, if anyone would like to modify the world. :)
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Simsample, I've barely scratched the surface of Sanctuary but wanted to give just a little feedback now.

First off, this world is visually stunning. Long drives to other areas are worth the trip for scenery, :)

Secondly, however, I had a lot of freezes to begin with that were worrisome. What I did was to change the geodome and Duck Island to no visitors. The freezes have now stopped completely. My sim will just have to socialize in one of the other wonderful locales that are available and make solitary visits to those locations. Not a big deal and an easy fix in case you find others have the same problem.

Now I'm off to play some more in Sanctuary.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thankyou, Dolldrms1- I'm glad you are enjoying it!

Sorry to hear you were experiencing freezing, I've not had any problems with this during testing. It's a good idea to mark those lots 'No Visitors', as NPCs will seemingly not use dive wells autonomously, so you wouldn't see any sims there anyway. Remember also that when you initiate a world there could be a number of conditions that can cause game freezing, depending upon your start population and what content/ mods you are using. For example, sims will be generated, moved in (or made homeless) and found jobs, and world caches will be built. So this could also contribute to lagging or freezing, as the computer is writing to disc, swapping memory and processing quite a lot. :)

I hope it runs smoothly for you from now on, thanks for your reports!
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I am thoroughly enjoying Sanctuary, simsample. The freezes quit and have not returned after making those two locations no visitor areas. I am glad that I have tested enough worlds at this point to recognize what is a normal little hiccup and what is a problem that will most likely get worse, if not addressed. Yours isn't the first world, and I'm sure won't be the last, that I've seen excessive freezing in because of an offshore island or another area accessible only via dive wells. It's too cool an idea to leave out, especially since marking them no visitors is so easy to do, if they prove to be a problem for someone's computer specs, like mine, :)

You really did a good job with the science center, :) It is a virtual magnet for sims! You would think I was hosting a party there in my game, with the number of sims that make an appearance on the lot when I send a sim there to fish, lol.

I must compliment you again on the beauty of this world. It most definitely has found a permanent home with me. I also thank you again for providing the save file. I am enjoying meeting and playing with the sim inhabitants you created for Sanctuary. I see many hours of great play in my future and appreciate you sharing your talent with the community.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the nice comments, Dolldrms1- I'm glad you are enjoying Sanctuary. Thankyou for your ideas, and for testing it for me. :)
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited July 2010
    Simsample your world made my day :). The only CC world I use in my game is Neverglade, till now, its beauty, layout and options and size all work for me. Most worlds i download they look great in the pics, but when I get in the game they are too tiny, with limited options :(. Your world is like Neverglade for me, and made me very happy. I have not played it yet. It looks like its going to be loads of fun. I like the little starters to. Thank you for sharing and creating it. :)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for the comments, TateSaunders. I hope you enjoy the world when you play it!
    RUSH
    My Worlds
  • Options
    Stw402Stw402 Posts: 772 New Member
    edited July 2010
    I hold my hat of to you building such a large world and so well detailed, I'm going to download the world and give it a play. I'm looking forward to seeing this in-game, many thanks for sharing such a wonderful world.