Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Downloads not working

I use a Mac. The site shows that the items are downloaded but they're not showing up in my launcher. I've tried downloading them again using Safari, Firefox and Chrome and still nothing.

It does launch the window, but nothing.

I was able to download a lot from exchange by choosing Save File instead of download. It installed it when I double clicked it in my downloads, but I don't have that option for store bought stuff.
"This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2010
    Here, I'll give you a check list I use to get everything from patches to updates to store stuff (that's why you will see references to installing store stuff too. Same requirements) in my game as follows:

1- Is your game, the EADM, and the launcher updated to the latest patch, or is the patch your problem? Do you have all the following:

2- Do you have the .net 3.5 sp1 framework from Microsoft installed on your system and in the case of Windows 7 which comes with this net framework, is it turned on?

3- Do you have the EADM version 6.0 installed on your pc and did you allow it to install adobe air? (Patches require the EADM to be on and working, store stuff doesn't.) You can get the proper version of EADM 6.0 at the main EA game site. The EADM requires Adobe air now, as does the launcher. So make sure you have adobe air on your pc.

4- Did all of you check both the download and install content links on the launcher to see if these items are listed? If they are, uninstall if able, if not delete from both spots, then redownload the items from the store via "My Account" meaning your account not mine. As once you buy something it is your forever and all purchases will be listed and redownloadable from there without having to go through the whole store.

5- Have you tried deleting the 4 Cache files under my documents:

CasPartCache.package
    compositorCache.package
    scriptCache.package
    simCompositorCache.package

6- Is your game free of any third party content? Often games will not update, nor some patches, and some store content if certain third party content are in your game. Often this content overwrites EA files that are needed for the sucessful installation of EA content and if these files are overwritten the game has no idea how to link this content, so it just plain doesn't try. If you have third party content, in Sims 3 you cannot just remove the content in order to fix the files. As some of this content can go registry deep, that means it requires a cleaning of the registry entries in order for the game to place the correct files in it's data. Unfortunately this mean a complete manual uninstall of all the Sims games and a complete new install with no third party content or saved games added back into the game in order to properly update and install the EA updates and store stuff before the EA content will show.

After all is updated and content installed, check your game to make sure everything is there. If you want to reinstall some third party CC - which I do not recommend, but... it's your game - so if you want to do this to make sure you do not install conflicting or bad CC into your game I advise you to go to modthesims and get Delphy's Sims 3 dashboard as this can fix some CC as well as alert you to bad CC that cannot be fixed.

7- Last if you have everything required to install EA content, make sure your firewall is not blocking the EA store from installing content. You may need to make it allow the store and the EADM to install things.

8- One otherlast thing is once your game is fully updated, it may even be the EADM blocking the store content on some pcs - this has happened, and the EADM is not needed to download and install store content, it is just needed to update the game, so you can disable the EADM by clicking on it's icon on the toolbar or use task manager to disable it and the CORE. I have rarely seen the EADM be the problem since it was updated to 6.0, but in the past this has been a problem so who knows, it still may act up every now and then.

There I hope that helps you get your game sorted as I assure you it all does install. I have both WA and HELS in case you are wondering and all patches.

Just to add, since I made the above check list to help friends and family install content in the game, EA has added an ingame shop button to the game, and I have noticed that when all else fails to get content in your game from the store, that some people have had success going through the ingame shop button to install their stuff, so you might want to try that if nothing else has helped you.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited June 2010
    Actually, now that you mention it, I only started having issues after the last update. Is EADM version 6.0 for just PC (I use a Mac)? I don't know what this is - it's never come up when I've downloaded things in the past.

The only content is stuff from this site - no 3rd party at all. I have automatic updates - in general, I don't play around with it.

I deleted those items from my cache.

Nothing is showing up in my launcher at all. I've tried to download again using the Purchase History under My Account and it does open my launcher but no content is available for download.

This is a great response, thank you, but I don't think most of it of it applies to the OSX platform.
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin