Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack Revealed*- The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2010
    It might be both- car stuff AND high end stuff since the name could mean either. :)
  • Options
    andinic28andinic28 Posts: 2,719 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hmmm sounds stupid. I had an ex who loved his cars more than me that's why he's an ex lol Why would EA make an ep that appeals to only a few I don't think or would hope it has nothing to do with cars and why is there no info pics or news about it at all but you can preorder it? Sounds fishy to me :roll: It wouldn't make sense to make a car ep in my opinion
  • Options
    simillionsimillion Posts: 105 New Member
    edited May 2010
    My post on simprograms
  • Options
    aadddaaddd Posts: 3,358 Member
    edited May 2010
    it better have more stuff then high in loft stuff did :hunf:
  • Options
    ImperialsimImperialsim Posts: 265 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Well this may not have a high a appeal for the people who get free Sims 3 cars from FreashPrince (He comes out with cars every week for Sims 3) It would be interesting if it offered completely new vehicle types. EX: Helicopter, Boat, RV, Tanks for Army people, etc. I may pass on this but I also passed on the last one so...
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited May 2010
    Actually, I'd like to see some less expensive cars...something along the lines of a VW Bug car (Yes, I downloaded the one from Fresh Prince, but it's pricey), and a used minivan (FP's 1994 Dodge caravan).

However, there is a rumour going around that EA is working on a secret project which is supposed to change the way we play our Sims. I'm wondering if this stuff pack is part of it.

Who knows? We'll probably find out more after Ambitions comes out. After all...there's only what..two months between June and September, so they need to start waving the steak in front of our faces and making us want to drool and rush out and buy the new SP.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    Phoenix_AerisPhoenix_Aeris Posts: 211 Member
    edited May 2010
    I really hope that it'll be like Glamour life where we have all sorts of high-end stuff for rich sims. That would be awesome XD
  • Options
    darmaldarmal Posts: 256 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Be cool if the game came with a mod garage and you can upgrade the cars. Races even??
  • Options
    dallasdallas Posts: 282 New Member
    edited May 2010
    guttermanek, what is DLC?

Also - why would we want another High End-type SP? Did you see repeated SP topics in TS2? No. So why would they repeat a SP topic with TS3? I would much rather see an SP full of objects for the poor man. THAT would be an SP I would actually buy on release date. (I usually wait a couple of years until the price is a third of what it originally was, then buy it, so that I have a more complete Sims collection. :P)
  • Options
    Kail16Kail16 Posts: 3,051 Member
    edited May 2010
    Life in the fast Lane is also a saying that describes luxurious society. Like riches, socialite parties, fancy living all that Jazz.

I hope its more like that, if it exists at all. Still I'm hoping for a stuff pack for the little Sims.
  • Options
    danivixendanivixen Posts: 4,254 New Member
    edited May 2010
    It means living on the edge - not luxury. :/

It probably will have cars, ... oi. I'm not sure what else they could possibly add to an expansion pack dealing with living dangerously. EA wants to keep this game PG or whatever.

I hope it deals with luxury. A new trait or two, high and low fashion clothes and electronics. I wouldn't mind more cars. More expensive and less expensive. I always also really wanted people to react to cars, and to see people driving cars around town randomly, get out of them, etc. It'd also be cool if you could try and highjack cars... if more attention was paid to the cars, basically.
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited May 2010
    This Stuff Pack Doesn't Seem Very Exciting.. Im sure we will think the other way around when they start posting videos about it and forums. Or is this stuff pack a rumor from Amazon France>?
  • Options
    BaxterBaxter Posts: 158 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I'd prefer it to be more like a luxury lifestyle pack, cars are not my forte and a stuff pack dedicated to daredevil like things sounds too much like World Adventures (adventure).
  • Options
    OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Nokuoro wrote:
    This Stuff Pack Doesn't Seem Very Exciting.. Im sure we will think the other way around when they start posting videos about it and forums. Or is this stuff pack a rumor from Amazon France>?

On the 2nd page someone posted a link to EA's website. It has no info on it at all just the name and the price.

This will prove wiki wrong again on the next stuff pack. wiki was saying it was beach stuff and that'll be out in november
  • Options
    dallasdallas Posts: 282 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Opmystik wrote:
    This will prove wiki wrong again on the next stuff pack. wiki was saying it was beach stuff and that'll be out in november

I thought the beach stuff was what was released in the store ...
  • Options
    JaiSimJaiSim Posts: 541 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I like the high end lifestyle concept over the car concept as well.
  • Options
    J4M35J4M35 Posts: 12 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I think some people should realise that just because they aren't fond of the idea, it doesn't mean EA is in the wrong for another stuff pack you 'aren't going to buy'. They have to cater for everybody, not just a handful.

I personally think it would be a great addition to the game. Maybe they'll add more interactions with vehicles and actually allow us to get in the car instead of just appearing inside. A wider variety of cars would be interesting.

Yes, a luxury pack would be good too. However EA are clearly trying out new ideas, hence how we haven't been given Pets or Seasons yet. Luxury items have been done before and there are many luxury sets in the Store.
  • Options
    x0disturbeds0xx0disturbeds0x Posts: 48 New Member
    edited May 2010
  • Options
    MirrorsEdgeFanMirrorsEdgeFan Posts: 1,168 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I heard its now called After Dark.
  • Options
    BranrBranr Posts: 410 Member
    edited May 2010
    I heard its now called After Dark.

Next Stuff pack: Fast Lane
    Rumored next Expansion pack: After Dark

Two different items.
  • Options
    KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    edited May 2010
    This is a stuff pack not an Expansion. The new expansion is probably something to do with Night Life. "After Dark"
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This is a stuff pack not an Expansion. The new expansion is probably something to do with Night Life. "After Dark"
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    This site is MESSED UP.
  • Options
    NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited May 2010
    The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff has been confirmed by EA so it is no longer a rumor.. (Go to page 2 to see the link posted by another user)

The Sims 3 After Dark is a rumor.. there has been no confirmation of this expansion, nothing on the EA site or Amazon France. There is no information on this expansion pack either.

I wonder if this expansion pack is true though.. what will it be based upon.. For it's title it seems to relate to Nightlife. (Im wondering why they are taking their old ideas from the sims 2 and putting them into the sims 3) I dont want to sound like a broken record or anything but i was kinda hoping for weather.. i really wont be affected though if they dont include pets though..

Who has any other ideas that they think they might include in Fast Lane Stuff or the rumored After Dark Expansion?