Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Stuff Pack Revealed*- The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff

NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
Ok, i have some exciting news that i have read on Amazon France. I was searching through the sims 3 topics, and i came across a new sims 3 stuff pack title. The Sims 3 Fast Lane Stuff. There was no picture, no information about this stuff pack. So it's pretty much a rumor sense it's coming from Amazon France. Will EA be making this stuff pack? or is it just a rumor. Will we see an add at the bottom of the brochure we get with ambitions?

here is the link: http://www.amazon.fr/Sims-Fast-lane-stuff/dp/B003LJXGC6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1274740910&sr=8-1

EDIT: ^^The link above does not work anymore.. Go to page 2 to find EA's announcement

You probably need to translate it if a translate bar appears above. Your probably wondering why i went to amazon france.. well they usually give out sims 3 information earlier than we get.

Comments

• OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I saw this the other day one simprograms I think. The only question I have is with how it sounds it'll be a mainly car oriented stuff pack. Why would they do that? There's no speed limits or anything like that in TS3 so what would be the point?
  • RakeeshRakeesh Posts: 670 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Just by the name it could be one of a few things.

The most obvious is racing. But that's not really something we see in game.

Another is merely "high end" life style. Not so much like loft-stuff high end, but more leaning towards hoity-toity rich folks in corvets with stylish scarves blowing in the breeze as the sun glances of their designer sunglasses that cost more than your mortgage.

The only other one I can think of it in terms of a "rushed life." Being overly busy and the like. More daredevil. But I don't know how that could translate into a stuff pack.
  • NokuoroNokuoro Posts: 3,413 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Im hoping, if the expansion is not a rumor, that they will add mew cars to the game. Im tried of all the old cars that came with the base game.
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited May 2010
    If so, that sounds like it's going to be about cars and racing and such.

Yippee! Another stuff pack I'm not going to buy. :roll:
  • gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Honestly, I doubt it is going to be all about racing and cars. Its not like a stuff pack would give us such huge changes to the game. And if all it added was cars and stuff like that, I doubt it would go over well. I'm leaning towards the second idea Rakeesh stated, that its going to be high lifestyle stuff, like what Glamour Life Stuff gave us in The Sims 2.
  • lulzlulz Posts: 1,075 New Member
    edited May 2010
    gobot1236 wrote:
    Honestly, I doubt it is going to be all about racing and cars. Its not like a stuff pack would give us such huge changes to the game. And if all it added was cars and stuff like that, I doubt it would go over well. I'm leaning towards the second idea Rakeesh stated, that its going to be high lifestyle stuff, like what Glamour Life Stuff gave us in The Sims 2.
    Positive it's this. Fast Lane also means glamor, rich etc. etc. and I guess it could mean racing lol. But I would doubt it's that.
  • playeralyalyweklplayeralyalywekl Posts: 1,345 Member
    edited May 2010
    gobot1236 wrote:

Yes, but we already had High-End loft stuff. I guess you have a point though, because that was focused on a really ultra-modern feel, like those outfits that looked like something out of Star Wars- "Luke, I am your father!!" :P

Erm, maybe that was Star Trek. :? Whatever.
  • acee313acee313 Posts: 1,080 Member
    edited May 2010
    I just hope this is not about just cars and stuff, it does not compensate anything. If it will be about glamor and such, I would be glad.
  • BosniaFTWBosniaFTW Posts: 1,192 New Member
    edited May 2010
    gobot1236 wrote:

Yes, but we already had High-End loft stuff. I guess you have a point though, because that was focused on a really ultra-modern feel, like those outfits that looked like something out of Star Wars- "Luke, I am your father!!" :P

Erm, maybe that was Star Trek. :? Whatever.

:lol: Hehehe. I also agree that it is most likely what Rakeesh said. It's probably not going to be modern, but maybe more classy/ contemporary. I don't really know how to explain. Like maybe stuff you would see in a rich European person's house. :?
  • OpmystikOpmystik Posts: 1,720 New Member
    edited May 2010
    I guess but I didn't think that because of HELS. I mean this is how they described HELS

Create the Ultimate High-End Loft Lifestyle for Your Sims
    Transform your Sims’ homes into sleek, edgy lofts with The Sims 3 High-End Loft Stuff. Upgrade your Sims lifestyle with sophisticated furnishings, must-have electronics, and cutting edge fashions

So idk maybe but do we really need another one? That kinda themed stuff? They'll probably get it wrong.
  • reni401reni401 Posts: 1,388 Member
    edited May 2010
    [Hans] The phrase Life in the Fast Lane originated primarily from the Eagles song of the same name. Rather than summarizing the meaning behind the song, I'll just quote another site that similarly quoted members of the band:
    This song describes a man and woman that had everything but lost it because of their lifestyle. Hotel California was the Eagles first album with their new guitarist Joe Walsh, who helped write this song with Don Henley and Glenn Frey. In a 1981 interview with the BBC, Frey explained: "Life In The Fast Lane' kind of expressed the stereotyped LA 'run around in your Porsche' 24 hour boogie mode that unfortunately is too true for a lot of people. It wasn't really a statement about the guys in the band, or about anybody in particular – just it's kind of disturbing to see the extremes that the bourgeois jet set will involve themselves in. For instance, disco almost turned into a lifestyle, and it's such a non-meaningful thing on which to base one's life."

When reminded that his Eagles bandmates may have exhibited some symptoms described in this song, Walsh replied: "Yeah, that's probably true, and I think it was healthy, though, that we realized that running around and parties and fast cars are really not the answer – it's kind of a shallow way to approach why we're on this planet, and it probably came as a band consciousness."

After this song came out, the phrase "Life in the fast lane" became commonly used to describe a jet-set lifestyle. It remains a fairly misinterpreted track, as it's not supposed to glamorize the lifestyle, but to be a warning about the dangers of drugs, alcohol and bad decisions. The Eagles formed in Los Angeles, where many people get caught up in a lifestyle of excess.

From http://www.songfacts.com/detail.php?id=3071

So, if the SP IS more about the lifestyle than the literal interpretation, cars, there is a bit of irony in the choice of theme. That is to say, a reference to a lifestyle that originated from a song whose content would likely result in an M rating if literally interpreted into the game world.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited May 2010
    I'd rather it be a holiday stuff pack that's what we need.
  • riniraerinirae Posts: 3,916 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hmm... think I'll pass on this one.

I heard it was supposed to be beach stuff, but either way... probably won't buy it.
  • guttermanekguttermanek Posts: 21 New Member
    edited May 2010
    No way :) Gotta buy them all! (except DLC, anyway).

Saw the release date as September 14, 2010. Woo hoo!
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited May 2010
    If so, that sounds like it's going to be about cars and racing and such.

Yippee! Another stuff pack I'm not going to buy. :roll:

playeralyalywekl,

Well the Sims 3 could use some more cars. There really aren't that many in the game.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited May 2010
    Just in case anyone doesn't know were getting 2 new sports cars in ambitions. I read it at one of the many links on simprograms. I can't remember which.
  • diddl97playerdiddl97player Posts: 1,258
    edited May 2010
    i won't buy this stuff pack anyway
    edited May 2010
    Just in case anyone doesn't know were getting 2 new sports cars in ambitions. I read it at one of the many links on simprograms. I can't remember which.

Thanks for letting us know that. I'm kind of tired of the same makes and modals. Oh well, its not as bad having to use the same counters over and over again.
  • KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    edited May 2010
    Maybe it's better car animations and makes the roads look more realistic with the cars. They could make the driving look more real.
    edited May 2010
    YankeesForever,

I doubt they'd do all that in a stuff pack, the new roads maybe, but I think that they improved animations might be more likely in a patch, and if they intend on adding a lot more of them, probably in a later expansion pack instead.
  • OzeneaOzenea Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2010
    if it is cars, and roads etc, then lets hope they fix the preferred vehicle problem. I mean what's the point in having loads of fancy expensive cars, if you can't drive to work with them unless you leave early. But who wants to leave early hey? :P
    I just hope the big patch coming up will fix most if not all the bugs the game currently has. :(
  • MATZMATZ Posts: 1,854 New Member
    edited May 2010
    lol, there already 3 posts of this :)
  • SimsNPsp61SimsNPsp61 Posts: 105 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Nokuoro wrote:
    Im hoping, if the expansion is not a rumor, that they will add mew cars to the game. Im tried of all the old cars that came with the base game.
    Aren't we getting new electric cars in Ambitions?
  • gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited May 2010
    No, you have to download it from here.
  • dolll_facedolll_face Posts: 216 New Member
    edited May 2010
    SimsNPsp61 wrote:
    Nokuoro wrote:
    Aren't we getting new electric cars in Ambitions?

Ooooh interesting, i havent heard anything about any new cars with Ambitions, guess i havent been stalking the forums enough ;)

That would make a lot of sense now weve got the charging station, the electric "Twizy" car thingy and the new eco friendly trait were getting with Ambitions though. V cool 8)