Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Smokytopaz Builds - Sea Breeze

SmokyTopazSmokyTopaz Posts: 1,380 Member
I had a lot of fun building this lot, based on a house on Ferdandina Beach. To me it is the perfect beach house smooth and classy inside but right on the beach. I do hope someone somewhere likes it. Oh it does have cc, all from tsr, and I really love the persian carpet.

The addy
http://gb.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=2393023

The Original
2rh49r5.jpg

sea Breeze

Front
2rfa8pj.jpg

Back
2nk81fb.jpg

Living room
b46lbo.jpg

Kitchen
beabgy.jpg

En suite
dg14ip.jpg

Main bedroom
2m29vup.jpg

Outside space, the shower is the cc isn't!
25t7nnb.jpg

I haven't got a 4share link for it yet, but I will!

Comments

• Options
    KimSim1965KimSim1965 Posts: 712 Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Smoky:
    I really like your work...a definite DL and REC from me. You're right--that Persian rug is gorgeous. Thanks for sharing!
    Kim
  • Options
    tdewdtdewd Posts: 927 Member
    edited May 2010
    Wow, your version is so alike the original. Great job! I really like the blue colour you used, and I'm glad you haven't used too much CC - it's just right. :) Also your landscaping and terrain sculpting (terrain sculpting? Is that what it's called?) really fit well together. I've already given this a well deserved rec. :)
  • Options
    judywork1957judywork1957 Posts: 6,594 Member
    edited May 2010
    :mrgreen: Great job smoky!!! am off to dl and rec for you!
  • Options
    Micky101037Micky101037 Posts: 2,940 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Oh what I would do to have your building skills...Rec from me :-)
  • Options
    kimwriter75kimwriter75 Posts: 1,837 Member
    edited May 2010
    Very impressive. The en suite bath is so pretty and how clever is that outside shower!?! So I guess they will really use it? Rec. :)
    Imagination > Knowledge
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Yup she really uses it, it has a privacy fence round it so she is quite happy! and it keeps a lot of the sand out of the house too.

I forgot a bunch of piccys, which I will put up a bit later.

Thanks for the kind words too!
  • Options
    DarkMirageDarkMirage Posts: 5,998 Member
    edited May 2010
    Fantastic job, I gave you a rec.
  • Options
    JupiterGirlJupiterGirl Posts: 515 Member
    edited May 2010
    I just gave it a recommendation. You did a wonderful job on replicating it and it's such a pretty house! I like the 50s diner style of the kitchen and that Persian rug is amazing. Thanks for sharing!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks guys. That Persian rug is gorgeous, from tsr, I know it transfers ok too. I never thought of the kitchen as 50's, sometimes in 'refurbished' houses room can be strange shapes! You know bedrooms being turned into huge bathrooms etc.
  • Options
    RutschgagaRutschgaga Posts: 875 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi SmokyTopaz

You did a perfect reproduction of that charming home. I will give it a rec. I would like to download it, too but I don't use any costum content since I've had to much trouble with it in my game. I'm to afraid to get this trouble once again. But nevertheless it is a great work. :thumbup: :D

Greetings,
    Ruts
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thankyou Rutschgaga (what does that mean?) - I respect your decision not to use cc in your game. I personally have never (touch wood) had any problems with it, but I don't download sims or clothing and thats where a lot of the problems come from. imho obviously!

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Rutschgaga (what does that mean?)

Puh. There's a little story about my nickname but I will try to explain. The name says nothing about my personality or the sims.
    Long time ago I talked with my friend about a celebrated person the name simply didn't want to occur to us. We became childish about this fact and we "played" with our speech. Someone of us said: "OMG I become rutschgaga in a minute" That means something like: "to become mad". The translation of rutsch(en) is "to slip" The Name didn't want to slip in our heads and we became nearly "gaga" (mad) about this fact. ^^.
    When I registered myself at sims2.com first no clever nickname didn't want to occur to me. (I'm not a very creative person if I have to) So I decided to name myself Rutschgaga. At that time I've never been online anywhere and I thought by myself: "That doesn't matter which nickname it is. I won't go to (at?) the web ever." The same with the registration by me when Sims3 came out. But then I saw the great houses at the exchange and I began reading the nice posts at the forums. I wanted to take part on that great community. But my nickname was still my nickname. I must live with it. *lol* Some month later I decided to open a threat at the english forums to improve my little english knowledge, which I've learned at shool many years ago. But I've never thought about the fact that I've probably to exlplain what my nickname means. ^^ But that doesn't matter :-) I hope I could explain what does my nickname means in english :)

Greetings,
    Rutschagaga

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Thankyou Rutschgaga! I think your English is pretty good. Do you ever get to practice speaking it? I think it is harder to write in a foreign language than speak it.... I taught English as a Foreign Language for a long time!

Ok, the 4 shared link for Sea Breeze is....
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://www.4shared.com/file/AW5NlaU-/Sea_Breeze.html

Whoops, clicked when I shouldn't!!

Sometimes the 4share link is a better bet than the exchange when it is playing up!
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited May 2010
    What a beautiful beach house Smoky. Love the outdoor shower. Perfect for a house on the sand. Love all your interiors as usual too. Great job. :)
  • Options
    Ceeecee3Ceeecee3 Posts: 789 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Great job!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Thankyou Rutschgaga! I think your English is pretty good. Do you ever get to practice speaking it? I think it is harder to write in a foreign language than speak it.... I taught English as a Foreign Language for a long time!

Yes. I took part on a schoolexchange long time ago. I visited a family for two weeks. They lived in Worksop, near Sheffield. Some weeks later the daughter of that family visited me in Germany. I have very good memories of this exchange. Thank you very much for your compliment about my English but I must still improve it. Especially since I know that you've taught English as a Foreign language. *lol*

See you
    Rutschgaga

• Options
    edited May 2010
    Thank you Meestermark.... what do you mean 'as usual'? All I can say about decorating in the sims is that it is a click of the mouse and not hours of paintbrushes, only to stand back and go bleah!
  • Options
    Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited May 2010
    Hi Smoky sweetslove0001.gif

So sorry, I am late coming by hugs..
    Been so busy today, and my son knicked my laptop this affy lol..

I would not have wanted miss your work..

Wow, you have done an amazing job, on replicating..
    I have done houseplans in the past on Sims2 and have one lined
    up I did weeks ago, but never bothered finishing it lol..
    It was a beach house, I may still upload it sometime..

I have to say your beach place is stunning I love the belcony railings
    very nice my dear..

And a rec for you too..

Sorry, I'm not about much, but i have things to do most days
    that need doing, but try to stop by when I can..

I wish I could spend more time over at SS with you guys :(
    I have not forgotten you, you know?..

Bye hun and have a nice evening babes..
    Love Zinda love0001.gif
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for dropping bye Zinda, you write such sweet posts! I like finding a building and trying to replicate it, I think it comes from painting stuff... come chat one day on TSS, we'd love you to come!
  • Options
    MeestorMarkMeestorMark Posts: 865 Member
    edited May 2010
    "As usual," means I think you always do a great job on interiors. :o) Definitely a lot easier in the sims. Would love to completely redo the house by going into "build mode" with no time passing for me personally. Lol.
  • Options
    Zin779Zin779 Posts: 988 New Member
    edited May 2010
    SmokyTopaz wrote:
    Thanks for dropping bye Zinda, you write such sweet posts! I like finding a building and trying to replicate it, I think it comes from painting stuff... come chat one day on TSS, we'd love you to come!

Smoky my darling smiley-love029.gif

Thanks for the invite to chat, I will you know, soon I promise..
    I just have so much on this week..
    I had the hospital this morn, nothing to worry about though..
    I have a few appointments to attend..

I love you guys, you know that and of course I want to be part of you..
    I will stop by I even if its to say hi..
    So happy I met you Smoky, your a lovely lady and very kind to..

Bye darling
    smiley-love029.gif
  • Options
    kquinn1990kquinn1990 Posts: 1,975 Member
    edited May 2010
    i like this beach house a lot. i think im going to go over and give it a rec now :)
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Well, thankee kindly sir!