Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Multiplayer/Online

Wouldnt it be good if we could have neighborhoods online and let people join or invite friends to live in our neighborhood with us or just move in with complete strangers... and like normal, create a family and buy our own plot of land. it would make the game so much more fun and i would probably want to play more :D

share your thoughts :D

Comments

• Options
    ryanmountford2ryanmountford2 Posts: 460 New Member
    edited April 2010
    Oh didn't see the thread already about this, sorry :/
  • Options
    123Sims34life123Sims34life Posts: 591
    edited April 2010
    i'm sorry but i disagree with that statement :( i mean if this needed online my dad wouldn't have bought it because we don't pay for internet we sort of steal but the connection is public either way but only 2 bars or 1 :thumbdown: since my family is poor and uses financial programs and all that crap and im in the way of getting a scholarship and college education :P
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited April 2010
    Wouldnt it be good if we could have neighborhoods online and let people join or invite friends to live in our neighborhood with us or just move in with complete strangers... and like normal, create a family and buy our own plot of land. it would make the game so much more fun and i would probably want to play more :D

This has already been done. It was called The Sims Online. It flopped big time, but only after 3-4 years.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    AltaiAltai Posts: 1,399
    edited April 2010
    Jarsie9 wrote:

This has already been done. It was called The Sims Online. It flopped big time, and only after 3-4 years.

*No Comment*

But I personally find the Sims 3 online a great idea. Although it shouldn't be a separate game itself, it should be built into the sims 3 as an option.
  • Options
    WizardOfSmozWizardOfSmoz Posts: 4,306 New Member
    edited April 2010
    I dislike the idea of online gameplay as Jarsie said before, the 1st attempt crashed and burned.
    Repeating such a foolish mistake would be reckless.
  • Options
    x0xKissofdeathx0xKissofdeath Posts: 410
    edited April 2010
    I wouldn't mind adding a feature like xbox live where you can invite to a party and visit eachother that way. Or make a special neighborhood that you can visit that is set aside specifically for online interaction. I don't know if either of those are really possible though. If not, they should try to make TSO again but I never played it because my problem is paying monthly for it. In my opinion they would need to make online interaction free. Personally, I love interacting with other people in games I play and would love to be able to do that with sims but I don't know if that could happen or if the majority would like it enough to keep it alive (it seems that its 50-50 from what i've read in prior posts)
  • Options
    christian_ad219christian_ad219 Posts: 24 Member
    edited July 2014
    Multiplayer is Gift seed friend live keep invite me :?: what on the sims 3 online
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    edited July 2014
    Multiplayer is Gift seed friend live keep invite me :?: what on the sims 3 online

This won't happen. EA was going to make TS4 like this but scrapped the plan because too many people don't want an online game. The Sims is a single player game and should remain as one. Not all games need to be social games ever.
  • Options
    Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited July 2014
    Who the hell necro's a four year old thread?!?
    raw