Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are vacation homes passed on?

When a sim who owns a vacation home dies, does that vacation home stay with the family or does it become no longer useable?

I have a sim that is almost an elder and close to being able to buy a vacation home (has the level 3 visa, just needs the simoleans). But, if she's close to the end of her life by the time she can buy it, I don't see the point unless it will be passed on to her children for use, etc.

Comments

• Options
    SmeeliaSmeelia Posts: 2,334 New Member
    edited April 2010
    You can manually transfer the deed if you like so that's an option. I'd imagine the deed would be passed on along with everything else in your sim's inventory but there's an issue that holding the deed isn't enough (so if you just drag it to another sim it doesn't work) so I'm not sure if that would affect you or if it would count as legally transferred (I'd suggest manually transferring it before your sim dies just incase or better yet save just before they die and see if it works then if it doesn't quit without saving and transfer it manually instead).
  • Options
    KatAnubisKatAnubis Posts: 3,241 Member
    edited April 2010
    They do transfer to family upon the death of a Sim. They can use them even if they don't have a level 3 visa.

If you want a specific Sim to have it, you can't just move it to their inventory and have it work. You need to click on the deed and use the "transfer to" option. The Sim doesn't have to have a level 3 visa either.
  • Options
    lboosmommylboosmommy Posts: 42 Member
    edited April 2010
    Awesome, thanks! I figured there had to be something otherwise it would really be pointless to have one as there would be so little use out of it.