Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Paris by Eddem *completed version* ready for being played!

EddemEddem Posts: 105
edited March 8 in Nominated Threads
Hello and bon jour!

Hope this is the right place to offer my Neighborhood Paris to you. The work on the city itself took me about 120 hours, the testing phase 3 and a half weeks and in the last 3 days I integrated my latest modern buildings (you see them on the pics 6,7&8).
I played Paris for more than 30 hours now and had not one crash at all. Further I offered the first version in the sims3forum.de for testing it and got only positive feedback from there.

My Paris has more than 110 lots, 25 community-lots, with 60 homes already build an placed by myself. All rabbitholes build and included.
The streetnames and buildingtypes fits the original map of Paris, for example the museum is the Louvre, the library called Bibliotheque Nationale, the school (academy) is the famous Sorbonne, the cemetary is Père Lachaise et cetera.
Wish you a great time in "my" Paris! :)

Only basic sims3 edition and addon 'world adventures needed'.

(click on the 1st image for download from mediafire)
parislogo.png

some further impressions of Paris and its buildings:
paris010301.jpg

paris010302.jpg

paris010303.jpg

paris010300.jpg

paris010305.jpg

paris010306.jpg

paris010307aw.jpg

paris010308.jpg

paris010309.jpg

Hope you enjoy!
Eddem
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    MaxwelltxMaxwelltx Posts: 215 New Member
    edited March 2010
    I love it! Good work! Checkout my french city! Its Capo Di' Monte. Awww! My world and you world are CAW neighbors! lol. Ya I'm a dork like that!
  • Options
    white_lily_1988white_lily_1988 Posts: 1,664 Member
    edited March 2010
    It's totally Awesome!..... :P You did a fantastic job..... :!: I even can't imagine how long did it take to build this world! Awesome!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Maxwelltx wrote:
    I love it! Good work! Checkout my french city! Its Capo Di' Monte. Awww! My world and you world are CAW neighbors! lol. Ya I'm a dork like that!
    thank you, neighbor^^ Capo Di' Monte is actually italian, but it is not that far away *smirk*
    I like your city, esecially your bridges and the station!
    It's totally Awesome!..... :P You did a fantastic job..... :!: I even can't imagine how long did it take to build this world! Awesome!
    Thank you! It took me a few hours to create Paris... 120+ so far, but I didnt count the time I spent building the houses. A bit longer I think^^
  • Options
    BSIReginaBSIRegina Posts: 5,110 Member
    edited March 2010
    Oh my, that's pretty! :)
    It took me a few hours to create Paris... 120+ so far, but I didnt count the time I spent building the houses. A bit longer I think
    You actually kept track? Man oh man I wish I had thought to do that! :lol:

Seriously, your keeping track just goes to show how much time it can take to put out a quality world. I think most people don't realize what a job world building actually is. I know a few people *coughs* RFLong7 *coughs* who seem to whip them out in no time, but they are definitely the exception. The most wonderful worlds I've seen from everyone else have usually taken weeks to create.

I will tell you, though, that a person spending all that time to go the extra mile when building their worlds is what makes the difference between me downloading or not. I've downloaded a lot of worlds that were rushed and looked like they were basically thrown together. They've all been deleted from my game. The ones I keep are those that look like the creators sculpted and crafted each nook and cranny with their loving hands. It's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye when I see creators who love their projects so much they are willing to put in that much work.

Kudos to you! :)
    Thanks to AdBlock: currently blocking 184 annoying animated siggy .gifs ;)
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2010
    oo Im excited to download and try out your world :)
    I agree with Regina, to many people try to throw a world together in a couple days and try to pass is off as something more then what it really is... lol
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2010
    Yes Kudos darlin!
    How beautiful is that? The lots are wonderful. You have building skills, I can see!

It really looks very lovely.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    BSIRegina wrote:
    Oh my, that's pretty! :)
    You actually kept track? Man oh man I wish I had thought to do that! :lol:
    hehe... actually I didnt. But I counted the weeks it took me to create the first version and how much time I spent each day. So 120 hours is underestimated. But that is normal with creative work (I work as a designer). You cannot count the hours you spent thinking of a certain project when waiting for the bus or having breakfast or scribbling some ideas down while watching a movie. But that time affects the project as well. So no. I did not really count how much time I spent *smirk*

BSIRegina wrote:
    I think most people don't realize what a job world building actually is.
    Being creative is always a funny job. Its not like other jobs where you start and stop working at a certain time, go home and do something else. You cannot stop what your eyes are seeing and your brain is thinking and creating in your time off. Wished sometimes I could stop it. :D
    BSIRegina wrote:
    It's almost enough to bring a tear to my eye when I see creators who love their projects so much they are willing to put in that much work.
    Kudos to you! :)
    If a creator is not willing to do something special, something exceptional, and give a piece of himself, he shouldnt start the project.

(sorry for my english, its not my 1st language^^)

Eddem
    (hope you download and play Paris and dont delete it) :wink:
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited March 2010
    I downloaded last night, but it was late and I haven't had a chance to play it yet. I really loved the look of your lots from the screens; so much so, that I went to your studio to look at some more, and also downloaded your flowertower :)

I'm looking forward to getting into game this morning, and having a wander around your Paris, it looks so wonderful. Beautiful job.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Yes, Eddam, I know exactly what you mean. Here is the work in progress thread for my world, The Shire. I have spent more hours on this than I care to think about because when I'm not working on it, my mind is trying to decide what to do next or how to best do a part of it I haven't done much with yet. I occasionally take days off from actually doing anything with the actual map, but during those times my brain is still working on it, whether I want it to or not. :lol:
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Pary wrote:
    I really loved the look of your lots from the screens; so much so, that I went to your studio to look at some more, and also downloaded your flowertower :)(...)
    Thank you Pary!
    Yes, the Flowertower is my latest building, I integrated it at Avenue Emile Zola in my Paris but not in the Paris-version I offer here cause I am not sure if it fits the 'classic' look, people have from this city.
    @everybody: But feel free to download it, its in the official exchange. And if you like it, I would be happy about recommendations.
    100322flowertower01.jpg

BSIRegina wrote:
    Yes, Eddam, I know exactly what you mean. Here is the work in progress thread for my world, The Shire.
    Its lovely! its amazing! It is stunnig, wonderful and so very creative! I am very impressed and cant wait to see some more pictures!

I also found and downloaded your street-tile and terrain textures and I cant wait to work with them (if I may) in my new project (until I wrote those words I didnt know I have a new project, but I am inspired... maybe an italian Renaissance landscape... maybe something medieval or ....ah, got it. Ha^^ but I first have to try if a typical type of house and roof can be build before giving the 'baby' a name *smile*
    BSIRegina wrote:
    I occasionally take days off from actually doing anything with the actual map, but during those times my brain is still working on it, whether I want it to or not. :lol:
    And I bet you have the typical designers-night-disease: you even sometimes dream of your project and continue creating in your dreams?
    Yeah, welcome to the club :wink:
  • Options
    happyjmehappyjme Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited March 2010
    I always dream of the sims... lol
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Wow, this is stunning! Downloading now.

I had the opportunity to visit Paris for the first time ever this past September and your lots look very authentic. I miss the Louvre already!

Edit to add: Tried installing but it's telling me I need an update in order to play. I am reluctant to add the latest patch because with the last one, I had issues and had to roll back my game in order to be able to play again. Not sure I want to chance it again.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    :(

I got worried when I saw Diskette's post, so i quickly went and tried to install Paris. I'm getting the same message, because I have not patched either.
    Unfortunately I don't wish to patch right now either, I plan on waiting for a little while, until a couple of the main mods I use are updated and tested.
    Once I do patch however, I will most definitely check out your world.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Oh, the Flower Tower is too cute! I can just imagine using that in (oh, what is her name, anyway?) the world that the gal created that is shaped like a daisy. :lol:

Thank you for the compliments! Believe me, I'm not new to the whole create-while-you-dream thing. That's been going on for pretty much my whole adult life. Rare have been the times when I haven't had my fingers in some pot of creativity of one type of another. I love making things, I just never have any original ideas.
    I also found and downloaded your street-tile and terrain textures and I cant wait to work with them (if I may) in my new project (until I wrote those words I didnt know I have a new project, but I am inspired... maybe an italian Renaissance landscape... maybe something medieval or ....ah, got it. Ha^^ but I first have to try if a typical type of house and roof can be build before giving the 'baby' a name *smile*

That's why I uploaded them. I have more that go with that color scheme that I need to get uploaded as well and keep thinking I'll get it done but so far haven't. In a few days I need to add some stuff to BogSims and I should do everything I need to do then.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sorry for pushing in with an OT question in your thread, but Regina, did I read somewhere you were planning on converting your CAW textures to terrain paints for the game?
    Did you find a tutorial or anything on how to do that? Because I can't.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Sorry for pushing in with an OT question in your thread, but Regina, did I read somewhere you were planning on converting your CAW textures to terrain paints for the game?
    Did you find a tutorial or anything on how to do that? Because I can't.
    Yeah, I'll have to, otherwise there will be nothing to match them. :lol: I'm not sure where the tutorial is, probably somewhere on MTS. I do know two people who have made in-game terrain paints, though, plus there are some uploaded on MTS. Of course not all info on MTS is extremely obvious.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't know what they have done to the search on the forums at MTS, but I always get a message telling me its disabled due to high server load. ALL the time.
    Anyway, I have looked over there,and didn't find anything. One creator posted a thread on this specific topic for a tutorial, but over the last 4 or 5 days I think it has been there, no one has replied to it at all.

Thanks anyway.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    Diskette66Diskette66 Posts: 842 New Member
    edited March 2010
    Whoa! Okay, so I really wanted to play this world. I figured *sigh* let me backup all my stuff and I will install the stupid patch lol, figuring I can roll back if needed. First off, thankfully I am not having any problems (knock on wood) so far.

I think this will be one of my favorite worlds.... the map is fantastic! I checked out a few of your specialty buildings and you did an awesome job!

I added 1 sim girl and chose a home. My only complaint was that I was given a choice of furnished or unfurnished. I chose furnished which included 1 bed and some bathroom fixtures lol. It appears that this is not the case with all houses, I guess I just chose the random one that wasn't fully decorated. I've gotten lazy with decorating houses in my old age I guess you could say.

One thing I wanted to mention that was shocking to me. In the time it took my girl to travel downtown to get a job, TWELVE new families moved into town! That's a LOT lol. I will have to check some of them out and see if I truly want them in the world but for those who wonder whether there are adequate starter houses, this should answer your question.

Again, this world is stunning so far. I play a LOT of worlds (have 20+ in my game and yes, I have individual sim families in each - I like a lot of variety lol) but I can tell this is definitely going to be one of my favorites. Beautifully, beautifully done!
  • Options
    auntielyndsauntielynds Posts: 3,071 Member
    edited March 2010
  • Options
    SummerSong86SummerSong86 Posts: 2,090 Member
    edited March 2010
    Yeah I downloaded it, unfortunately only had time to play a few minutes today, but in the few minutes my girl was visiting the gym, several families moved right on in down the street from her! Good gracious--that's got to be some sort of record! Did you set some merchant registers in town? That's the only thing I think of that pulls in townies from the computer. Unfortunately the new neighbors were kind of odd looking. One girl looked dressed more for Nimua Simoa than Paris!

Well there are all sorts of lot sizes available--that's fantastic. I didn't quite get the Paris vibe yet, but I wasn't able to visit long enough to soak it all up. BTW, I am fully patched right now so that's why I was able to install with no problems.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    happyjme wrote:
    I always dream of the sims... lol
    Hehe... addicted? ^^
    Diskette66 wrote:
    Tried installing but it's telling me I need an update in order to play. I am reluctant to add the latest patch because with the last one, I had issues and had to roll back my game in order to be able to play again. Not sure I want to chance it again.
    Same at the german forum, you need the latest patch. But I also have a 3 weeks old 1st version of Paris here. It is the same - no bugs, no crashes, finished and tested - but without my 5 latest homes and the library has no computers. But you can change that yourself if you want! and the 1st version has 50+ finished homes that are ready for moving in^^
    And make sure you rename the version you already downloaded cause it has the same name (Paris.Sims3Pack).

Pary wrote:
    :(
    I got worried when I saw Diskette's post(...)
    Once I do patch however, I will most definitely check out your world.
    Try the link above (the one of my 1st version) ^^
    Hope it works. That ist exactly the version I play myself, too. I just putted my latest buildings in it. And make sure you rename the other version or download it somewhere else :wink:

BSIRegina wrote:
    (...)I love making things, I just never have any original ideas.
    You are joking, right? :wink:
    BSIRegina wrote:
    In a few days I need to add some stuff to BogSims and I should do everything I need to do then.
    Promise I keep observing BogSims and be one of the first who will test your new stuff, cause the patterns you created so far are really great!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Thank you very much Eddem :)
    That worked perfectly, and it was very kind of you to put that link up.
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Diskette66 wrote:
    Whoa! Okay, so I really wanted to play this world.(...) First off, thankfully I am not having any problems (knock on wood) so far.
    Okay, that's that with offering the first version, sorry for being too late and hoping you wont regret it!
    Diskette66 wrote:
    I think this will be one of my favorite worlds.... the map is fantastic! I checked out a few of your specialty buildings and you did an awesome job!
    Thank you!

Diskette66 wrote:
    My only complaint was that I (...)chose furnished which included 1 bed and some bathroom fixtures lol.
    Yes... I created some starter homes without any furniture, some minimal furnished for you have the chance of fulfilling as much wishes of your sim as possible... some homes with medium quality starter stuff inside, some houses fully furnished for every possible composition of family and some castles with pure luxury ^^
    Sorry for disappointing you, but there is a fully furnished home by the grocery shop where your sim can 'live' (owning a small lot somewhere else) and first collecting some money before moving into a bigger home :wink:
    Diskette66 wrote:
    One thing I wanted to mention that was shocking to me. In the time it took my girl to travel downtown to get a job, TWELVE new families moved into town! That's a LOT lol.
    That was intended^^ When I first tested Paris 'live', my sim had no job and was nearly all alone at the city. So I designed some typical buildings with counters and cash boxes (food seller in the firness club, book seller in the library et cetera) and voila, right at the beginning you have some families in Paris without first needing to copy or create own ones.
    You can delete them if you want (the 'shopholders'), after 24 hours new ones will appear.
    Diskette66 wrote:
    Again, this world is stunning so far. I play a LOT of worlds (have 20+ in my game and yes, I have individual sim families in each - I like a lot of variety lol) but I can tell this is definitely going to be one of my favorites. Beautifully, beautifully done!
    Thank you so much! And I hope you will keep me posted (hope this is the right term, sorry for my english^^)

I love the flower tower!
    Me too! ^^ Right now I am designing a garden-lot. Maybe I will post some pictures later this week.
    (...)Good gracious--that's got to be some sort of record! Did you set some merchant registers in town?
    No! Its spring and Paris is a lovely city with cheap homes and lots of free jobs!
    Yeah right, I placed some merchants in the city. But just for the tons of tourists^^
    One girl looked dressed more for Nimua Simoa than Paris!
    Uhm... must be a tourist, too. Or the new fashion-week of summer 2011. Strange ^^
    Pary wrote:
    Thank you very much Eddem :)
    That worked perfectly, and it was very kind of you to put that link up.
    You are welcome, Pary!
    :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    It looks beautiful ! It's 2.30 in the morning here, so I don't have time to sit and play for as long as I like, but I had a quick look around.
    I love your lots, and how you have named them. Its nice to see the Eiffel Tower too, up close like that. Nice amount of empty lots too for adding new houses. I'm going to find a little out of the way spot, thats near trees, to put Flower Tower. I can't wait to put a sim into that house :)
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    debra1970pdebra1970p Posts: 4,652 Member
    edited March 2010
    I downloaded your world the other night and I absolutely love it! Great job

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top