Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heres the million dollar question.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Arturo760Arturo760 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    It's a day one purchase and ppl complaining should have keept their panties on and wait for the usual bug here glitch there I hate it graphics are yucky thread .. It's Been a blast for me so I'm with the I love the sims 3 threads
  • Options
    BosheaBoshea Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    peewee5278 wrote:
    My only complaint is that I can't find a Deathfish!
    Don't know where they are in Riverview, but you can find them at the Graveyard in Pleasantview. Need to use Angelfish as bait and have to fish from 2-6am. Just look for the pond to get foggy.
  • Options
    lydragolydrago Posts: 47 Member
    edited June 2009
    I too have had no problems. The game runs well, the graphics are amazingly beautiful and all my settings are on high.

I think not only are people having problems because their computers aren't up to date but people are trying to play the game with either just the minimum, just below or above the minimum requirements. I feel for those people who want to play but their computers just don't meet the minimum but yet people over at the TS2 boards are telling them to go buy the game and try it. If your computers don't meet the minimum specs, it ain't gonna work. The ones having crashing issues may be due to thier specs not meeting or barely meeting the requirements.

I have story progression off and I don't know if it's working properly or not. I am currently only playing one single sim to test things out and see what all I an and can't do within the game. As far as other bugs, I haven't noticed any. If the story progression is a bug, then maybe the Sims Division will make another patch to fix it.

When I built my computer over a year ago, I did so with this game in mind. I have a Core 2 Duo E6600 processor, 8GB of RAM, an ATI 3850 Video card in along with 3 hard drives for space for my music, movies, games and everything else. I run Vista Ultimate x64.

• Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2009
    "I have story progression off and I don't know if it's working properly or not. I am currently only playing one single sim to test things out and see what all I an and can't do within the game."

I have done the same thing today.
  • Options
    T966ERT966ER Posts: 37 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Well I had an installation problem where the game would not recognize the disk in the middle of installation, so I copied the contents of the DVD to my HD and ran the installer from there. And presto! I was simmin!
  • Options
    IdaNoReallyIdaNoReally Posts: 449 New Member
    edited June 2009
    GoIdie wrote:
    dejavugirl: There is a cheat to go back into CAS and give your Sim an entire makeover. Just open the cheat prompt and type in "edit in cas" (without ") and the Sim you are controlling will be taken back to CAS for editing.

Did you get this cheat to work? I tried it but it did not recognize the "edit" command. Maybe it has to do with all lower case letters. I don't think I tried that. I believe the prima guide had Edit with a capital "E" but I can't find that page right now.

FYI, I tried this without caps and it does not work.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    ComedicTragedyComedicTragedy Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    That would be the problem! I kept typing exit instead of escape. Thanks, guy!
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    GoIdie wrote:
    dejavugirl: There is a cheat to go back into CAS and give your Sim an entire makeover. Just open the cheat prompt and type in "edit in cas" (without ") and the Sim you are controlling will be taken back to CAS for editing.

Did you get this cheat to work? I tried it but it did not recognize the "edit" command. Maybe it has to do with all lower case letters. I don't think I tried that. I believe the prima guide had Edit with a capital "E" but I can't find that page right now.

The way it is written in the Prima guide is "Edit in CAS" (without the quotation marks).
  • Options
    iamlaisteiamlaiste Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I feel bad for everyone who is having problems with the game. Personally I am loving it! For me I can't decide what to do first, lol. We have to remember when the first base game came out before, it didn't seem like it did much. This is a vast improvement since then.
  • Options
    CryptonCrypton Posts: 224 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Game is running great for me and my wife. I run a Phenom Quad, 8GB Ram, BFG 9800 GT OC 512 - she runs a Single Core AMD Sempron 1.8GHz - 1GB Ram, BFG 7600 GS 512mb

I run everything maxed (including 16 detail lots) and she runs everything medium + shadows off wth 6 detail lots and hers run fine. Shes running around 48 FPS, I am running 142 FPS.

Not really sure what could be the cause for others problems with the game, but sorry to hear :(

Sadly, she still cannot plays Sims 2 however, that game for whatever reason runs at snail pace on her PC. Literally 2-5 FPS. Sims 3 is a drastic improvement to the engine..
  • Options
    IdaNoReallyIdaNoReally Posts: 449 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I am having fun with this game. I haven't had any problems at all. It is different than Sims2 that's for sure. I bought the prima guide and I am really glad I have that. I have never had one before but a lot of people recommended it.

The worst thing that happened to me was not being able to upload my avatar. I was finally able to do it by going to the loader before I opened my saved game.

I have been trying to help people if I can here. I know people are so frustrated today. I always read and searched SIM2 forum but I never posted a comment or added a thread. Today I just wanted to see if I could help anyone.

I agree that some of the problems may be as simple as updating video drivers, running defragg or paying close attention to the minimum requirements. (like disk drive=DVD-ROM)

I updated my video driver a few days ago. I had just installed the new card but I found a newer version of the driver on the nvidea website. I have my computer set to defragg automatically every few days. I also increased my RAM to the max possible on my machine. I had 1.5GB enough for Vista but I now have 4GB RAM and the game runs well.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    I am having fun with this game. I haven't had any problems at all. It is different than Sims2 that's for sure. I bought the prima guide and I am really glad I have that. I have never had one before but a lot of people recommended it.

The worst thing that happened to me was not being able to upload my avatar. I was finally able to do it by going to the loader before I opened my saved game.

I have been trying to help people if I can here. I know people are so frustrated today. I always read and searched SIM2 forum but I never posted a comment or added a thread. Today I just wanted to see if I could help anyone.

I agree that some of the problems may be as simple as updating video drivers, running defragg or paying close attention to the minimum requirements. (like disk drive=DVD-ROM)

I updated my video driver a few days ago. I had just installed the new card but I found a newer version of the driver on the nvidea website. I have my computer set to defragg automatically every few days. I also increased my RAM to the max possible on my machine. I had 1.5GB enough for Vista but I now have 4GB RAM and the game runs well.

Good for you. My dad always told me if I keep my computer updated all the time it will take care of me.
  • Options
    BleuDyamond1BleuDyamond1 Posts: 16 Member
    edited June 2009
    Great post Billysim143!
    I remember the TS2 nightmare as well, I too was very fortunate and did not have any pc related problems, only the common ones like the Sims "jumping" out of qued tasks. I have TS3, but I cannot install it yet, I am waiting for the new pc I purchased to arrive. While I admit I would love to be able to play right now, I am kind of glad I will have to wait. I have time to really look at the problems everyone is having and make sure my pc will be able to handle the game. :wink:
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Great post Billysim143!
    I remember the TS2 nightmare as well, I too was very fortunate and did not have any pc related problems, only the common ones like the Sims "jumping" out of qued tasks. I have TS3, but I cannot install it yet, I am waiting for the new pc I purchased to arrive. While I admit I would love to be able to play right now, I am kind of glad I will have to wait. I have time to really look at the problems everyone is having and make sure my pc will be able to handle the game. :wink:

Thank you.

You should take the time to read the Prima guide cover to cover if you have it while you wait for your new computer. Also after I bought the Sims 3 I loaded it played it not one problem. But I did make sure everything was updated before installing.
  • Options
    vixenericavixenerica Posts: 41 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No probs AT ALL!
    Im loving it!

My niece had probs with hers, and I believe it was a drivers issue. Have to make sure your computer is all good, then you are ready to go! :)
  • Options
    SimToth1212SimToth1212 Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2009
    I get very slight lag with everything maxxed on this pc. (dual core 4600, 2gb ram, nvidia 8800, vista home) But it runs great on my laptop! Unfortunately I'm addicted to my bigger monitor here. LOL. The laptop is dual core 5900, 4gb ram, nvidia 9650, vista home. No issues installing or playing on either system and love the emensely faster loading time.
  • Options
    PhyroxisPhyroxis Posts: 105 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I see alot of people complaining about this that and the other thing the game won't install it keeps crashing and so on.

What about the people this isn't happening to? I happen to be one of them. I am by no means trying to cause a arguement here but alot of the issues I have seen have been the player not knowing what he was doing or a computer that not up to par or something thats just takes a person a simple thing on their computer to fix.

Not all comuters are excately the same. There are many little reasons why someone is having difficulties. But most people are jumping off the deep end and blaming EA and basicly saying they are the devil. So I will ask again what about all of us that are not having any of these issues, that just goes to prove it's not the game. Yes there are some minor bugs but nothing that can't be dealt with. Just take a deep breath and if you are having problems instead of trying to lame blame on someone or EA for that matter jsut ask for guidance. Myself and several other simmers have helped several people today.

Yes I remeber when TS2 came out on the first day it was just about like this, but guess what life went on problems were fixed and everyone who wanted to enjoy TS2 got to.

The moral of this post? Be nice, you'll feel better and people will be more apt to help you. See you all in Simland!

THANK YOU!! You are preaching exactly what I am thinking!
  • Options
    shawnsoh123shawnsoh123 Posts: 36 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i have no problems on my PC but i do have problems on my laptop...

i can start the game just fine and all..i can cr8 a sim and buy a house..but after that just a few mins after going in the house, the whole game hangs and i have to off and on the computer again...and i've no idea y...the only possibilities for me is that its either the computer does not meet up to the requirements or sumthing else is wrong...
  • Options
    ValkMissileValkMissile Posts: 123 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Everything has been smooth sailing for me so far. Well, except for that horrible digital download fiasco yesterday... but that was EA's fault. Oh, and the inability to use my preferred browser (Opera) to download things from the Store/Exchange, but again that is EA's fault.
  • Options
    BaldwinCBaldwinC Posts: 11 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I have no problems with the game, not one bit.

My game does not lag or crash, the game runs smoothly.