Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Heres the million dollar question.

I see alot of people complaining about this that and the other thing the game won't install it keeps crashing and so on.

What about the people this isn't happening to? I happen to be one of them. I am by no means trying to cause a arguement here but alot of the issues I have seen have been the player not knowing what he was doing or a computer that not up to par or something thats just takes a person a simple thing on their computer to fix.

Not all comuters are excately the same. There are many little reasons why someone is having difficulties. But most people are jumping off the deep end and blaming EA and basicly saying they are the devil. So I will ask again what about all of us that are not having any of these issues, that just goes to prove it's not the game. Yes there are some minor bugs but nothing that can't be dealt with. Just take a deep breath and if you are having problems instead of trying to lame blame on someone or EA for that matter jsut ask for guidance. Myself and several other simmers have helped several people today.

Yes I remeber when TS2 came out on the first day it was just about like this, but guess what life went on problems were fixed and everyone who wanted to enjoy TS2 got to.

The moral of this post? Be nice, you'll feel better and people will be more apt to help you. See you all in Simland!

Comments

• Options
    LGT09LGT09 Posts: 297 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i havent had any problems..the only thing that irks me is story progression deleteing my families...

i love the game =)
  • Options
    dejavugurldejavugurl Posts: 52 Member
    edited June 2009
    I have had no problems either! The only thing bothering me right now is that my sim is ugly and I want to change his face but so far I haven't figured out how, but there probably isn't a way to...
  • Options
    SDBmaniaSDBmania Posts: 68 Member
    edited June 2009
    I've never really had any trouble with the sims games, except for the occasional need to update drives. The only problem I have with the Sims 3 was that the resolutions were overlapping the screen. I have a LCD HDTV so this is common with most games I play. All I had to do was edit the resolution to the custom one I made into the setup file and that fixed it.

Most of the problems with new games that come out are driver issues. It's really important to make sure everything is up to date. Sound card, video card, motherboard drives, and Operating system updates should be checked for. :)
    Origin ID: sdbmania
    My blog:scottdavidbrown.com
  • Options
    SimpleSims457SimpleSims457 Posts: 66 New Member
    edited June 2009
    i've been lucky so far, we have only froze once and thnakfully we just used a control alty delete to get out of the game, maybe i played it to much this afternoon. I think the game is good and so far i haven't noticed any bugs either. I love the water in this game, its so much better and more realistic
  • Options
    Billysim143Billysim143 Posts: 968 Member
    edited June 2009
    "Most of the problems with new games that come out are driver issues. It's really important to make sure everything is up to date. Sound card, video card, motherboard drives, and Operating system updates should be checked for."

Thats really good advice for people to see. Thanks!
  • Options
    blackboy2222blackboy2222 Posts: 49 New Member
    edited June 2009
    nice
  • Options
    GoIdieGoIdie Posts: 328 New Member
    edited June 2009
    dejavugirl: There is a cheat to go back into CAS and give your Sim an entire makeover. Just open the cheat prompt and type in "edit in cas" (without ") and the Sim you are controlling will be taken back to CAS for editing.
  • Options
    klkastleklkastle Posts: 26 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I had problems when I loaded it onto my Mom's computer earlier; I was without a computer all day...yeah, my computer CRASHED on Sims 3 release day. Just my luck, right? But as I was saying, I loaded it onto my Mom's computer, and the graphics were horrible. It was really slow. It would mess up her computer...and I was afraid it would do the same thing to my comp.

Well, my computer finally got fixed tonight, I loaded it up, and everything was fine. It loaded fast, the graphics were a lot better, etc. Then again, I did just reboot my harddrive, so I have a lot of space on my computer that isn't being used right now...I kind of like it...and I'm really hesitant in getting my external harddrive and uploading all of my iTunes music and pictures onto my computer...I enjoy the fast-ness of the Sims 3 right now. :D
  • Options
    BlueneonBlueneon Posts: 30 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Yeah, it won't work on my computer. It crashes very early in the loading process.
    I'm trying to tell myself to not get mad at the game itself, as it is my computers fault.

I'll be getting a brand new iMac in about 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy this game the way I'm supposed to.

I just have a quick question while I'm at it; if they happen to patch the game by the time I get a new computer, when I install this game will the patches be already stored to my account? Or will I have to re-download the patches? I'm just a little confused.
  • Options
    MdnightMdnight Posts: 31 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't had any problems. I've been playing for about seven hours (I took breaks when my sim was sleeping or cooking). It's actually running better on my PC than the Sims 2 did.

Computers are very temperamental though, so it doesn't surprise me that some people are having tons of problems. I had a lot with the Sims 2.
  • Options
    ComedicTragedyComedicTragedy Posts: 24 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The only problem I've had is the cheat box not working. It froze up my game. Everything else seems to be running great! (Although I admittedly am a bit scared about my Sim's boyfriend moving on with his life suddenly)
  • Options
    camilleone22camilleone22 Posts: 166 Member
    edited June 2009
    The moral of this post? Be nice, you'll feel better and people will be more apt to help you.

I'm with ya there Billysim143. Yay for positivity! BTW my game is running fine, and I'm loving it! :)
  • Options
    Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2009
    I am with ya Billy..

Lovin the game

However, I do feel for the peeps who can't play it.. Or who have bad rigs, but that is the world of PC gaming.. Can't please em all from release..
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Blueneon wrote:
    Yeah, it won't work on my computer. It crashes very early in the loading process.
    I'm trying to tell myself to not get mad at the game itself, as it is my computers fault.

I'll be getting a brand new iMac in about 2 weeks, so hopefully I'll be able to enjoy this game the way I'm supposed to.

I just have a quick question while I'm at it; if they happen to patch the game by the time I get a new computer, when I install this game will the patches be already stored to my account? Or will I have to re-download the patches? I'm just a little confused.

Sorry to hear about your computer, but glad your getting a new one!

My understanding is the patches are on the help page and not connected to your account, I would say if you download it and save it to a external hard drive or a stick you won't have to again.
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    klkastle wrote:
    I had problems when I loaded it onto my Mom's computer earlier; I was without a computer all day...yeah, my computer CRASHED on Sims 3 release day. Just my luck, right? But as I was saying, I loaded it onto my Mom's computer, and the graphics were horrible. It was really slow. It would mess up her computer...and I was afraid it would do the same thing to my comp.

Well, my computer finally got fixed tonight, I loaded it up, and everything was fine. It loaded fast, the graphics were a lot better, etc. Then again, I did just reboot my harddrive, so I have a lot of space on my computer that isn't being used right now...I kind of like it...and I'm really hesitant in getting my external harddrive and uploading all of my iTunes music and pictures onto my computer...I enjoy the fast-ness of the Sims 3 right now. :D

Glad you got your computer fixed.
  • Options
    RegoRego Posts: 704 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I dont think the cheat box has froxe up your game. I thought that happened to me, but here is the solution. In TS2 you were supposed to type EXIT to get out of the cheat menu, but not in TS3. You have to push ESC tp get out of the cheat menu,
  • Options
    JolieAmourJolieAmour Posts: 22 New Member
    edited June 2009
    No problems at all here!
  • Options
    Huney0919Huney0919 Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    The only problem I've had is the cheat box not working. It froze up my game. Everything else seems to be running great! (Although I admittedly am a bit scared about my Sim's boyfriend moving on with his life suddenly)

It doesnt actually freeze your game...dont look for a white box on top of the screen...its actually kinda purple and hard to see especially at night... so once u hit Ctrl Shft C just type ur cheat code and go.....I had to type it to see it...It is very hard to see...so gl and hope this idea works for u...I've been using kaching and motherlode all day LOL
  • Options
    BosheaBoshea Posts: 23 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Besides the lack of a few classic items (I want my piano :( ) this has been a great improvement. You get to spend more time doing more interesting things with your sims instead of leaving them in the house for eternity to avoid load screens. They even give you a moodlet for staying in your house for a few days.

Your sims can carry conversations well and can be left alone for awhile without fear of the house burning down. They're also less of a pain to manage since they have a couple of brain cells this time. Although they still don't seem to grasp the concept of owning vehicles. Guess sims just love the car pool lane. The Trait system also allows for more diverse Sims then the Astrology system imo.
  • Options
    LadyLindaelLadyLindael Posts: 154 Member
    edited June 2009
    mine is playing nicely too, and I even have all the graphic settings all the way up lol
  • Options
    EleeHooEleeHoo Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Works much better than Sims 2 did when I first got it in at release in '04.
  • Options
    Stacyg548Stacyg548 Posts: 147 Member
    edited June 2009
    I totally agree. I haven't had any problems with the game. I mean yea I did buy a new computer a few months ago so that I wouldn't have my game constantly crashing. I'm thinking that many of the people who are having problems never really checked the system specs for this game and just thought o well their making it so that it will run on some older PC's so that's gotta include me to. Before you blame the game and EA make sure you have all your ducks in a row and know that its really the company's fault and not that your computer is just way to outdated.
  • Options
    peewee5278peewee5278 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I also haven't had any problems but I made sure my comp was far above specs before I even thought about buying the game-- AMD Athlon dual core 4600+, 6 gig RAM, 512 MB nVidia 8600GT, plenty of HD space. My only complaint is that I can't find a Deathfish!
  • Options
    EmililyEmilily Posts: 9 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I haven't had a problem at all. My game isn't choppy at all. I feel bad for those that haven't been able to play the game yet. :(
  • Options
    edited June 2009
    Stacyg548 wrote:
    I totally agree. I haven't had any problems with the game. I mean yea I did buy a new computer a few months ago so that I wouldn't have my game constantly crashing. I'm thinking that many of the people who are having problems never really checked the system specs for this game and just thought o well their making it so that it will run on some older PC's so that's gotta include me to. Before you blame the game and EA make sure you have all your ducks in a row and know that its really the company's fault and not that your computer is just way to outdated.

No trurer words spoken. :thumbup: