Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Plus Size is Beautiful Assignment 1

The month of February is known for many things but a few of which are most prevelant. Cold weather, Valentine's Day, and Black History Month.

Assignment 1 Due Tuesday March 2nd.

Select one of the aspects of February as your theme and using a beauty pageant format represent your sims platform (motto).

Scores will be based on the following:
Evening gown
Swim wear
Active wear
Talent
Overall beauty.

Once you have submitted your entries I will post your specific judges question. You may edit your post to include the answer or you may post a reply.

If anyone has any questions about what Im looking for please ask ; ) I hope you enjoy assignment 1

Sign up's are still welcome, here is a link to the original thread. If you are interested in joining please submit your entry there first, then post your assignment here.

http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/175456.page

Judge's Question

Kellor~Vanessa Joyce
You delighted us with a magic act, if you had a magic potion to transform any part of your body would you do so and what part if so?

Ballarose~Coco Sanchez
If you had to do a rain dance to tell a story, what would you want to say?

Luxuriantlady87~Allison Jones
Have you had any situations where you were faced with people who didn't like you because of your size? If so please explain how you handled it.

Zeri~Corynn Kinkaid
You have a positive outlook on life, how can you help other young women be as confident as you are?

Randomspirit~Gwen Evans
Many people think women your size ONLY get that way by being lazy. What is one thing you can do to disprove that myth.

Shelleybelly~ Bridgett Rousseau
You have chosen swimming for your talent, do you have any suggestions for people who like to swim but are afraid to wear a swimsuit?

SimAsh866~Jade Michelle
Your motto is "Big Beautiful and lovin it" What is one thing you would like to change about yourself.

Cookiesandcreamx~Tinsley
As a teach, asside from academics, what is the most important thing you can teach your students.

KelleD014~Carslyn Dale
What is your greatest accomplishment?

Bubby189~Amy Mackenzie
Name one thing you don't like about being labled overweight.

Grimzi~Embre Losst
If you were able to read your own future in the stars, would you?

RepulsiveDesire~Kelly Branch
Would you ever consider joining the polar bear club? (skinny dipping in the middle of winter)

Mischiefluver~Whitney Rite
In your bio you stated you want to taste all the flavors of life. What is the most unusual thing you have tasted?

Terri222009~Delila Jones
If a friend of yours tells you they dreamed that you won the lottery and they remember the numbers would you play them?

ASSIGNMENT #1 Scores
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/178016.page

Really nice work everyone

Comments

• Options
    KelleD014KelleD014 Posts: 2,829 New Member
    edited February 2010
    so do we submit 5 pictures total? one for evening wear, 1 for swimsuit, 1 for active wear, and then 1 for talent and 1 for beauty? and it has to depict the topic we chose out of the 3 that we could pick from?

or is it 3 pictures total and the talent is just how well we took the picture and the overall beauty is of the model?
  • Options
    kellorkellor Posts: 3,209 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Okay seen it, so 4 differnt pictures? Are collages okay?
  • Options
    simjennsimjenn Posts: 563 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hehehe ok so in the original post I had stated you may submit up to 10 pictures. Let's change that to a limit of 6. Collages will be fine but are not necessary.

Evening gown..
    Swim wear..
    Active wear..

Talent.. I wanted to stay with the format of a beauty pageant so I was thinking a candid shot of your sim showing of their talent. I realize this might be a little difficult but just use your imagination, pretty well free reighn on this one.

Overall beauty.. you can add another shot if you would like for this one, however, the score will be based off your entire entry.

You do not have to submit 6 photo's but I know sometimes there are so many good ones it's hard to choose. Do your best with what you have, I understand not everyon has CC so I will be looking for the beauty in anything you submit.

• Options
    RepulsiveDesire1RepulsiveDesire1 Posts: 3,226
    edited February 2010
    What is your deadline for this?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    okey dokey, my subject with be valentines day for this round! ^.^ (its great because Carslyn and Parker Langerak are hitting it off pretty well. I aged him up :P)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Due date updated, Tuesday March 2nd.
  • Options
    RandomspiritRandomspirit Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited February 2010

Hmmm, Black History Month fits in very well, as Gwens husband is black :) and i loath Valentines Day, Lol!

Not really an important question, Just for curiosities sake: are the photos going to be scored individually, or as a set? :)

X
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The scores will be both individual and as a set lol

Point values:

Evening gown 15
    Swim wear 10
    Active wear 10
    Talent 5
    Judges question 5
    Overall beauty 55

Totaling 100
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay, I'm doing valentine's day!

*EDIT*: we can't edit right?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    (Tell me if this counts as editing)
    fbexr5.jpg
    P.S her talent is a magician
  • Options
    BallaroseBallarose Posts: 191 Member
    edited February 2010
    Thanks, seen it. I will be doing black history month as well.
  • Options
    RandomspiritRandomspirit Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited February 2010

Nice one Kellor! :thumbup: I love the idea of the magician :mrgreen:

X
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thats awesome kellor! the magician picture rocks!
  • Options
    SimAsh866SimAsh866 Posts: 448 New Member
    edited February 2010
    when i get my model in on the other page, i will be doing black history also. im going to work on turning in my model in a little bit!
  • Options
    ShelleybellyShelleybelly Posts: 2,587 Member
    edited February 2010
    Hi! Seen it!! a little confused though
    ...."Select one of the aspects of February as your theme and using a beauty pageant format represent your sims platform (motto)."

My sims motto was "Follow your dreams! Except the one where you're naked in Church." :shock: I don't think I'm allowed to post pics like that on here. :lol:

Also, because I've never done a beauty pageant I'm not sure what you mean by format? I'll be watching the other pics closely to see what's required, and should have my entries in by tomorrow or the next day. :)

@ kellor....Wow!!!!!! That magician pic is really great!!! How'd you do that?! Or is that revealing trade secrets. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thanks everyone! :D

@Shelleybelly, I just teleported her somewhere(using testingcheatsenabled true) then paused it and took a picture while she was teleporting!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kellor wrote:
    Thanks everyone! :D

@Shelleybelly, I just teleported her somewhere(using testingcheatsenabled true) then paused it and took a picture while she was teleporting!

ooohhhh tricky!! I've never used the teleportation cheat, never realized it gave cool colors. :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kellor, very nice work ! Your judges question is on the first page of this thread.

No, I wouldn't consider what you posted as editing. To me, editing is using photoshop or some other program to splice in things not in the original picture. For example, sim face on a human body, or a dogs face on a sim body. Anything unique and creative that you can do IN game I will not consider editing. Addind borders or graphics to spice up your submission is allowable, but not necessary.

Shelleybelly, lol no I don't think the mods would like to see that on the forums. You might try expressing some other dream your sim might have.
    In a beauty pageant women are judged on their looks, in categories such as in this competition. They parade around in different outfits smiling from ear to ear, trying to get noticed lol. They have a talent portion where the contestants will perform something of thier choosing, often singing, dancing, or what ever highlights a good skill of theirs. I hope this clears things up a little.

It wasn't my intention to make this a hard first assignment, if many of you feel it is, Im sorry :oops: I will be generous on the first round of judging so everyone can get a feel for what Im looking for.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    simjenn wrote:
    Kellor, very nice work ! Your judges question is on the first page of this thread.

No, I wouldn't consider what you posted as editing. To me, editing is using photoshop or some other program to splice in things not in the original picture. For example, sim face on a human body, or a dogs face on a sim body. Anything unique and creative that you can do IN game I will not consider editing. Addind borders or graphics to spice up your submission is allowable, but not necessary.

Shelleybelly, lol no I don't think the mods would like to see that on the forums. You might try expressing some other dream your sim might have.
    In a beauty pageant women are judged on their looks, in categories such as in this competition. They parade around in different outfits smiling from ear to ear, trying to get noticed lol. They have a talent portion where the contestants will perform something of thier choosing, often singing, dancing, or what ever highlights a good skill of theirs. I hope this clears things up a little.

It wasn't my intention to make this a hard first assignment, if many of you feel it is, Im sorry :oops: I will be generous on the first round of judging so everyone can get a feel for what Im looking for.

Thanks for clearing it up for me simjenn. :) The other contestants probably understood what you meant and probably didn't find it confusing or hard so no worries. This is my first attempt, so I'm the ignorant one of the group but I think I understand what you're looking for.
  • Options
    SimAsh866SimAsh866 Posts: 448 New Member
    edited February 2010
    i entered my sim on the other forum page...i should have the 1st assignment in by tomorrow
  • Options
    SoberMidgetSoberMidget Posts: 120 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Seen it!
    Hopefully will have the assignment in tonight.

I have a quick question though??

Did you know February is also National Cancer Prevention Month?
    And International Friendship Month?
    A few other things, too.
    Are we allowed to use that?
    Or do we have to choose between Valentines Day, Black History Month and Cold Weather?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Here's the answer to Vanessa's question

"I would not change any part of my part of my body because everyone is unique and should embrace their figure and work with what they have, all body types are beautiful, and like my platform says, even big is beautiful!"
  • Options
    BallaroseBallarose Posts: 191 Member
    edited February 2010
    Oops :oops: ! I posted my entry on the other thread by mistake. Do you want me to re-post it here? Nevermind....I copied it here as well just in case.

Here's my entry. Hope it's what you envisioned.

Coco celebrated her Afro Cuban heritage by entering a pageant to honor Black History Month.

Coco performed a traditional African Wedding dance as her talent.

2njkn89.jpg

260v4fs.jpg

Inspired by the jungles of Africa, Coco embraced her wild side for the swim suit competition

w7ok0o.jpg

For her active wear, Coco chose to promote Puma, the fastest jungle animal on earth

2uztspe.jpg

For her formal gown entry, Coco's mother made her dress from silk imported from Africa

209iovs.jpg

24v719x.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ballarose wrote:
    Oops :oops: ! I posted my entry on the other thread by mistake. Do you want me to re-post it here?

Just saw your pics.. :shock: Impressive! Looks like I really have to get my creative juices flowing!
  • Options
    CashingTheFameCashingTheFame Posts: 3,737 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I like this idea (:
    I'll be lurking. :D