The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

ghost troubles; deleted gravestones!

Two issues.

One is that three ghost sims that I saved to the clipboard and then took to riverview, arrived without their gravestones. This happened every time, btw; if I took just the gravestones with the aim to resurrect in riverview, they'd still disappear; but I wanted the sims, so I resurrected them in the original town and then pasted them to the clipboard and moved them into riverview.

Without gravestones, they can't return to the netherworld, ever.
They can't be returned to human form, ambrosia does nothing!
They can't ever die....

Problem if I use testingcheatsenabled true, object -> deleted it
to remove them from the game once I tire of them?

Related issue. I had the notion of a family cemetary on the home grounds. Well, 15 graves and 15 ghosts are a problem. The ghosts all moved out to wander the town, at first a relief, and then to my horror-- I could not pick up any of the graves, they were all in use. Someone suggested, as above, that I delete the ghosts when I ran into them in town, and then I could pick up the graves. This worked.

Just recently, I decided to go to the science center and bring back one of the ghosts. Uh oh-- there is no ghost there! The body, deleted, is gone, and he cannot be interacted with. Attempts to edit town and merge household, seeing if that would reset the error -it worked when the police kidnapped a son who was past curfew- (and resetsim too, for that matter) did nothing (well, froze the game).

Any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    Deleting sims - alive or dead has always been a bad idea as the files do not get deleted - instead they just get scattered about in the game data and like Humpty Dumpty can never be put together again.

Now the actual way to properly move a ghost from one town to another with tombstone is first move the ghosts tombstone to a residential lot and once you are sure the ghost is on the lot with it, or a number of ghosts, then you save the lot and use the feature that saves the lot to the library. Then it will be availiable from the library no matter what town you are in. If you want the ghosts to have a relationship or continue a relationship with a living Sim, the you need to also have that sims move to the lot with the ghosts - BEFORE - you save this whole lot.

But seeing you deleted Sims you may have to do a manual uninstall/reinstall of your game as it sounds as if their strayed particles are already creating havoc with your game - and this will only get worse.

Don't delete any sims, just like Sims 1 and 2, it's trouble.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    GrammastolaRoseaGrammastolaRosea Posts: 92 New Member
    edited February 2010
    If you can answer me this: will uninstalling and reinstalling the game be sufficient? Is my precious save file OK? I can reinstall the game, and all the store downloads can be moved into a separate folder and back again; but hours of gameplay in the form of my save files is what I can't lose. Are the fragments going to be in the save file itself?
    If so, will cleaning up my game, saving the family to the clipboard and then even moving them into a fresh town (yeah, I'd lose relationships; but I was thinking of doing this anyway) going to help also?

Just finished wiping away all the custom content that came with a character I'd downloaded off the exchange, and then killed the character and deleted the tombstone; runs MUCH better for that alone. But do need to deal with my ghost issue sometime.

I remember you'd replied to an earlier thread when I was contemplating deleting them; because they couldn't be called and had no relationship status, they were like ghosts in the graveyard, I figured they were NPCs. Perhaps I figured wrong.

THe three ghosts whose tombstones did not carry over on the clipboard were perhaps intended to be NPCs, which is part of the trouble... they were landgraabs from the original cemetary, which i turned into a residential lot and then moved into to claim the gravestones and resurrect them. When I put the family on the clipboard and moved ot riverview, the graves did not survive the move, no matter what.