The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

recovering ghosts who never return to graves

I placed a number of graves in a sort of family cemetery on the family lot; the ghosts all came out, and now, stay out in the town. I was aiming to use this as a character-recycling scheme; kill them, revive in a hundred days when I wanted them back. But I can't revive them so long as the ghosts is out on the town, quite permanently, and the grave can't be picked up! I tried moveobjects on to force the grave into the family inventory, but that just made things worse (it couldn't come out of family inventory again, so I had to reload the old save).

Any idea how to coax the spirits back into the graves? Mourning didn't do anything, even when the ghost had been invited back over to the lot and was near their own grave.

Comments

• Options
    ZeekSliderZeekSlider Posts: 5,831 Member
    edited February 2010
    It's a glitch that apparently came with WA.

What I like to do is if I find a ghost wondering around is to pause the game and then "delete" it using the debug options. It won't delete the grave or the NPC Ghost from coming back at night.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    deleting any kind of Sim in the Sims 3 is a very bad idea. It creates fragments that can muck up the works of the game. It is why if you delete all the characters from town, then you put your own sims in the town, it will slow down to a crawl within a week, as the sims do not really get delete, just fragmented and all pieces wind up in your game files and can never be fixed.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2010
    To the OP, if those are playable ghosts, they won't return to their graves. They will just be sims in ghost form - where you say you can call them, I would say they are playables otherwise you cannot call non-playables on the phone.

Also bringing ghost back is not an easy task in Sims 3.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....