Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Cheat Sheet

Comments

• Options
    threeone6threeone6 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Oh, hey! Cool! Thanks! :D
  • Options
    threeone6threeone6 Posts: 4 New Member
    edited July 2009
    DonneK wrote:
    Thanx so much! I've been loooking for these for like 4ever.:thumbup: But I'd like to know what cheat replaced Maxmotives that used to work in The Sims 2. :?:

You type in 'Testingcheatsenabled on' and click shift and the mailbox. It should say make all happy. Click that and there you go! Hope I helped! :D
  • Options
    DevCreatorDevCreator Posts: 185 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Petreak wrote:
    I have tested some of the cheats and I have some info you might find interesting. You might want to update the list.

"TestingCheatsEnabled"
    You need to put True on the end of it for it to work. Like this:
    TestingCheatsEnabled True
    and to turn it off replace True with False.

"shazaam"
    That cheat doesn't seem to do anything for me at all.

"Edit in CAS"
    I really need this cheat, but I can't get it to work at all. Anyone have any luck?

"Modify Traits"
    Doesn't seem to work, but if you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on, you just hold down the Shift key and left click your mouse button on your Sim and you get the option to Modify Sims's Traits.

"Set Age"
    Doesn't seem to work, but if you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on, you just hold down the Shift key and left click your mouse button on your Sim and you get the option to Trigger Age Transition on your Sim.

"Mailbox:"
    The stuff for the mailbox only shows up if you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on.

"Teleport"
    This isn't an actual cheat code. If you have TestingCheatsEnabled turned on and if you hold the Shift key and left click your mouse button anywhere, you will get a Teleport option instead of the Go Here option. Comes in handy for getting around fast.

"familyfunds"
    Here is a code to set your family up with as much money as you want.
    This is an example of how to use it.
    Say you have a family named the Brown family. While you are in their house, go into the cheat window and type this:

familyfunds Brown 1000000

Your money will change to that amount. Just replace Brown with the family's last name and replace 1000000 with what ever amount you want.

I'll keep playing around and see what else I figure out.
    I NEED EDIT IN CAS!!!
  • Options
    Holloway1205Holloway1205 Posts: 5 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thank you for the Cheat Sheet!!!
  • Options
    SparklinMissEmSparklinMissEm Posts: 59 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Okay So ive done the lifetime thing once and it worked but now everytime i try to do the lifetime cheats points it doesnt work i type in the testingcheatsenabled true and then i ctrl+click to the right of the lifetime box thing and it doesnt add 500 points anyone wanna help me figure out how to make it work??
  • Options
    BxLokaBxLoka Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Hey I just want to ask y dosent my motherlode cheat work? it keeps saying unknown command Does anyone else have this problem? Pls help :!:
  • Options
    Okblondee7Okblondee7 Posts: 2,607 Member
    edited July 2009
    SparklinMissEm-this cheat is a 'hit or miss' type of thing. I have found, in MY game, that it tends to work on a new family, as yet unplayed. If I play a family for a few days and then think-oh! I can use the cheat to get that reward! Not. Doesn't work. Try it at the beginning of playing a New Family. Works for me.

Good luck.

BxLoka-I don't know what to say-except if you are able to bring up the 'cheat box' and type-motherlode then hit 'enter' the funds should be there. :?
  • Options
    KatrinaseKatrinase Posts: 1 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Am bumping, cause I had to hunt for it. :-)
  • Options
    StoriesMyStyleStoriesMyStyle Posts: 111 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks!
  • Options
    BxLokaBxLoka Posts: 2 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Yes my cheat box does pop out and it still dosent work :| :-(
  • Options
    Leti_DLeti_D Posts: 94 New Member
    edited July 2009
    I cant any cheats to work.When I put in the testingcheats etc.The cheat box closes and it goes back to the game??
  • Options
    doodlesamdoodlesam Posts: 6,365 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Okay So ive done the lifetime thing once and it worked but now everytime i try to do the lifetime cheats points it doesnt work i type in the testingcheatsenabled true and then i ctrl+click to the right of the lifetime box thing and it doesnt add 500 points anyone wanna help me figure out how to make it work??

Make sure you type in...

testingCheatsEnabled true

At the main menu. You have to enter it at the main menu if you want the lifetime happiness ctrl+click cheat to work.
  • Options
    lillminnie27lillminnie27 Posts: 3 New Member
    edited July 2009
    This must of taken ages, thank you
    lets just hope my cheat toggle will work now coz it hasn't been!!
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Leti_D wrote:
    I cant any cheats to work.When I put in the testingcheats etc.The cheat box closes and it goes back to the game??

Bump :cry:
  • Options
    Agent_66Agent_66 Posts: 113 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thanks so much for this list, especially the modify traits. I had an issue when one of my sims hit his teen years. He missed a day at school and was a D/C student, so I couldn't choose the trait for him.

Problem was, his lifetime wish was to be illustrious author (master paint/write) and the game saddled me with 'can't stand art'. Not only would that makes things difficult, but his brother is a painter.

Thank you for helping me change that!
  • Options
    Sophie_SimLvrSophie_SimLvr Posts: 40 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Aaaaah i really want the edit in CAS cheat because most of the premade sims are ugly and my sim married probably the ugliest of all -_-'

Does this count? :
    Shift and click press on the mail box *make all happy* click that. Then turn your needs static and make them read a book or workout, you go do someting when u come bk their skil; theyv been studyin shud b 10!
    ^.^
  • Options
    GemmaprocterGemmaprocter Posts: 99 New Member
    edited July 2009
    thanks
  • Options
    RaventhesimRaventhesim Posts: 20 New Member
    edited July 2009
    this is really help full but i have a note to all sim out there....
    don't go to much cha-ching $$$ because if you have like 1 million its like unfair it like youre chating on yourself its not fun anymore its good if you keep 50,000 and have a house you like its better that way about the testing cheats most of the time when you activate it on sims 2 a boz mostly apear and i was like whoa i clik like cancell and it pop again i cliked reset and its gone so i dont know what that means i just clik it im worried about the debug to when you click debug somrthing pops again its quit confusing :x and :wink: the joke cheat is like i don't now i don't get it but EA is the boss or the sims so i do whats telled :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ktg106ktg106 Posts: 61 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Is there a cheat that anyone knows about that can increase skills?

• Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2009
    *bookmarked* totally helpful!
  • Options
    Angelllite7Angelllite7 Posts: 9,730 Member
    edited July 2009
    Leti_D wrote:

that's what happens when the cheat works
  • Options
    stormywarmystormywarmy Posts: 11 New Member
    edited July 2009
    Thank u so much :!: javascript:emoticon(':D'); is there any cheats for havin kids :?: javascript:emoticon(':lol:');
    THANKS
    stormywarmy
  • Options
    Loverheart2Loverheart2 Posts: 18 New Member
    edited July 2009
    is there no boolprop cheat anymore?

Yes, there's a boolProp cheat.

It's just testingcheatsenabled true. Don't type in the boolProp.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Leti_D wrote:

that's what happens when the cheat works

Thanks for the reply,but when I type in motherload it doesn't work??So after I put in testingCheatsenabled true and it goes back to the sceen then what should I do??
  • Options
    MissBeckersMissBeckers Posts: 1,058 New Member
    edited July 2009
    not motherload, its MotherLode.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top