Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help Please - Interactions Not Working in Tombs

Hi all,

For some reason, I am suddenly unable to complete adventures in tombs. I can't clear rubble, use any of my key stones, etc. The rest of the game appears fine. I can get into the tombs but then can't do anything except go out again :?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Options
    fredbaremumfredbaremum Posts: 22 New Member
    edited January 2010
    After reading the thread about tombs not re-setting, I thought I'd clarify that that is NOT the issue I'm having, these are tombs that I have never been in before, and I can't do any actions in them at all.

Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    CrystalCA1970CrystalCA1970 Posts: 7 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I'm having this same issue. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited February 2010
    *cracks knuckles and clears throat* Ok one more time! The ultimate solution to avoid these sorts of things.

1. Copy your sims to the library bin and place them in a new neighborhood.
    2. When the neighorbood gets to be around 20-30 weeks old, rinse and repeat.

The older your neighborhood gets the more likely stuff like this will occur. Assuming you can arrive home safely from this vacation, save and move your sims to a new neighborhood. I usually live in custom homes I built on blank lots so I simply move the family with the house.

No vacation data is lost in doing this btw. Only relationships outside the household (which unfortunately includes charisma data)

In a fresh neighborhood your sim should be fine again. But if you don't move your problems are just going to get worse.

I know I've been saying this for a couple weeks now but I've yet to be corrected or hear of another solution so.. that's my advice.

Also, keep multiple saves and save often. :)
  • Options
    kransperkransper Posts: 5,482 Member
    edited February 2010
    I had the same trouble, used cell phone to end vacation early, went back a few days later and it works fine.
  • Options
    Jaghar7Jaghar7 Posts: 3,314 New Member
    edited February 2010
    It will be a reoccuring problem though. At least it was for my sim.