Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

"Upload failed:Network Error. Please try again."

I can't get my world to upload. It is in my game. I have disabled my firewall to make sure that wasnt the issue. The size is 13.40mb. This is day 2 of attempting to share. Anyone have any idea why I am getting this, and/or how to fix it?

Added Sims 3 to trusted sites in the tools/security tab.Still unable to upload the world.

Comments

• Options
    DocsprockDocsprock Posts: 3,869 Member
    edited December 2009
  • Options
    mshell772mshell772 Posts: 49 Member
    edited December 2009
    No one else having this issue? Day 3 of trying to get my world uploaded, still getting "network failed" :(
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    mshell772 wrote:
    No one else having this issue? Day 3 of trying to get my world uploaded, still getting "network failed" :(

Just about everyone is having this problem. It is being looked into.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    K, thanks for the reply. Have seen others not being able to get theirs up, but hadn't seen anyone post about this specific error, is why I was asking. Again, thanks for the reply :)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yeah, I've been waiting to upload my little world... hm, guess it's on to Crossroads.

I loved my Crossroads in TS2. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Not so fast, for even when the exchange is down, you can always provide a link to download your town at...

http://www.mediafire.com/
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Well, I got tired of trying to upload the one world, so I decided I would try another and see if it was something in my world that was causing the issue.
    World 2 is doing the exact same thing. Network Error.
    It would be nice to get some feed back from ea on this .....
  • Options
    kubaroo123kubaroo123 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I have tried to upload my house I made, and it took me 1 week to make the entire house. I want to save my lot but it keeps saying network error, please try again. It was around 93mb and it has been driving me nuts. I reckon it is too big but everyone else is having problems when the size is small. (12mb). I hope to find out the reason seeming as I am a witty person,

Hope to get back to you troubled users of Sims 3.

Thanks
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited June 2011
    kubaroo123 wrote:
    I have tried to upload my house I made, and it took me 1 week to make the entire house. I want to save my lot but it keeps saying network error, please try again. It was around 93mb and it has been driving me nuts. I reckon it is too big but everyone else is having problems when the size is small. (12mb). I hope to find out the reason seeming as I am a witty person,

Hope to get back to you troubled users of Sims 3.

Thanks

Hi,

Your lot is 93MB? I have a huge world at 100MB. That is one massive lot or a lot of CC. :shock:

I'm going to try and upload a lot to see how it's working here... :?
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    Right, 93 Mb?!?!?! For a single lot? :shock: Like Rflong said, Ive never even made a whole world that was that big.
  • Options
    kristygreenkristygreen Posts: 5
    edited January 2012
    I have been trying for months to upload some houses ive made and still im getting: upload failed: network error!!! and my update wont install for my game either it gets to 97% and then cant sontinue and says try again. and i have been for a bout 5 or 6 months now. wht is going on and why wont the EA or the Exchange tell us what the problem is?!?! :(
  • Options
    Sneakfeline0Sneakfeline0 Posts: 1,235 Member
    edited January 2012
    kristygreen, have you updated Origin lately? Give that a try, not sure if it'll help, but good luck :D
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2012
    Yep - there was a new Origin update this week and may be your problem as Origin updates the launcher. For the one with the oversized lot, you may need to remove your CC, as the exchange will not anylonger support any outdated CC and in some cases no CC from what a lot of creators have mentioned. Apparently when they removed all their CC, updated their game and Origin - the exchange worked for them.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Callum9432Callum9432 Posts: 6,462 Member
    edited January 2012
    Writin_Reg wrote:
    Yep - there was a new Origin update this week and may be your problem as Origin updates the launcher.
    That probably explains the problem I was having then. I was trying to download a store set I had bought, but it just kept saying "Can't connect to Origin, please try again later".
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited January 2012
    Probably - Origin updated last Friday evening.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ilovescampersilovescampers Posts: 99 Member
    edited July 2013
    OMG, Super Grey Sim, thank you! I've been trying for days to upload a house I made for my daughter, but the Exchange hates me and wouldn't cooperate.

I recently made an account with Mediafire – for a whole 'nother reason – and I was thinking if I could somehow get my lot in a Sims3Pack file, I might be able to upload my lot with Mediafire. Then I realized that the launcher has an option to show the file of what you're trying to work with. I clicked on the "Show File" button, and viola! There was my lot file, in Sims3Pack form! My daughter is getting her lot after all!

All thanks to you, Super Grey Sim, for pointing my attention in the right direction.
    Guess what? I am actually LolaBelleSims; previously, SimPeopleRampage. I changed the name in honor of my daughter who passed away in 2014. We called her Lolabelle & it's her fault I'm addicted to the Sims, anyway, the booger. You can find my junk at Lolabellesims.tumblr.com and at The Sims Resource.
  • Options
    angelgirlcaitieangelgirlcaitie Posts: 9 New Member
    This is how I solved this issue:

I got the message "upload failed: Network error. Please try again." Hit show file and double clicked/moved it to my downloads and it installed like I'd hit the download button in the shop. Also replaced my old world file (even though I had done S3pe deleted WIPD file and renamed/description/picture and resaved in CAW under a different name).

Voila, two day problem solved. My world is there :D can't wait to fill in the lots and upload the town.