Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Petition for EA to release the "Create-A-World -- BETA" tool on the Mac platform.

Comments

• Options
    MrMagnetismMrMagnetism Posts: 142 Member
    edited June 2011
    sign me up.
  • Options
    eclipsetrixxzeclipsetrixxz Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited June 2011
    Signed! I'm so mad! >:( I love my macbook pro and I'm creating a world (making a map in photoshop for when I buy a pc! My Windows litter box broke. So i have to wait MONTHS before I can finish my city. :'(
    353235_b.jpg
  • Options
    brwnskinQTbrwnskinQT Posts: 32
    edited June 2011
    Signed.

I can't create worlds but I believe that Mac users will contribute greatly to the very sparse worlds that have been created already.
  • Options
    CadmiumCadmium Posts: 9
    edited June 2011
    Signed!

Although I'm rather late coming to this - I've been frustrated that there isn't a Mac version of CAW since it came out, and like many I refuse to pay for Windows just to download a free bit of software! I also agree that if a company chooses to make a game for more than one platform that they should then make all the associated products for those platforms... Why is it for PC only anyway? I have virtually zero knowledge of programming, but is there an actual reason why it's so much harder for them to make CAW for Mac than it is to make, for example, the pattern maker for Mac? Actually I think that's what confuses me most - if it was all the free software then I'd think it was 'cause it's harder to make for Mac & they're not technically making money out of it so, whilst I'd still be disappointed, I could at least understand. But they've make the pattern maker for Mac too so what's that about??

Anyway, sorry, rant over (or at least paused!) Please can you add my name to petition? Thanks!

Cadmium
  • Options
    samaronisamaroni Posts: 43 New Member
    edited June 2011
    eclipsetrixxz
    Signed! I'm so mad! > I love my macbook pro and I'm creating a world (making a map in photoshop for when I buy a pc! My Windows litter box broke. So i have to wait MONTHS before I can finish my city. :'(

Hold the phones! :!: I can't help but feel way more unlame, because I've been secretly mapping out a world too, to be created when CAW comes out for Macs! :D

Signed!
  • Options
    kjamlin1kjamlin1 Posts: 45
    edited June 2011
    signed
  • Options
    nomeetaylornomeetaylor Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2011
    SIGNED,

Come on EA stop being ridiculous, this is not fair!
  • Options
    LunaLovelyFTWLunaLovelyFTW Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Signed
  • Options
    darcy33darcy33 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Signed!

It really feels like EA are neglecting to help out us Mac users, if they can make sims 3, pattern tool, and all the expansion packs for mac how come they cant make CAW. Personally i found sims 3 too slow on PC and changed to a Mac unknowing that EA wouldn't give us a fair chance at enhancing our sims 3 experience. :evil:
  • Options
    XXCAZ101XXXXCAZ101XX Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    How to you sign the Petition. I would really like to; and I will also send EA e - mails until they reply back haha!! i really want to create my very own world just the way I want it :D:lol::lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    jayjaymacjayjaymac Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Sign me up! Come on and give us one! how herd could it be to make the same exact thing but save it as a dmg instead of a exe?
  • Options
    TastyLumpia4077TastyLumpia4077 Posts: 734 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Signed.

Two years after the release of TS3, I FINALLY bought a computer that can run it a few weeks ago. But it's a Mac.
  • Options
    XXCAZ101XXXXCAZ101XX Posts: 6
    edited June 2011
    I would very much like to create a world one day... SOON! I just won't wait!!! So, sign me up for your petition :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    laryenhilllvrlaryenhilllvr Posts: 133 Member
    edited June 2011
    caw has been out forever for pc...it's long overdue for macs!! c'mon ea!!!
  • Options
    Chirstine1Chirstine1 Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Signed! I really hope it comes out soon. I also was looking forward to it with great enthusiasm. Thank you for creating this petition!! :thumbup:
  • Options
    crashley1784crashley1784 Posts: 19 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Signed (I think?)

I have to kick my fiance off of his windows box in order to work on my world, lol.
  • Options
    brittney44simsbrittney44sims Posts: 1 New Member
    edited June 2011
    signed!
  • Options
    Lady_BlaugranaLady_Blaugrana Posts: 6 New Member
    edited June 2011
    Signed.

I don't really like the "solution" to make my worlds with Bootcamp XP, I want a REAL mac version.
  • Options
    spiffy_wigsspiffy_wigs Posts: 38 New Member
    edited June 2011
    signed!
  • Options
    bunbunnynybunbunnyny Posts: 3,678 Member
    edited June 2011
    Please note that I am a PC USER, NOT A MAC USER. I am also NOT SIGNING AT THE MOMENT, BUT I MAY STILL SIGN IN THE FUTURE.

I'd just like somebody to answer these questions:

1) Which is allowed to do install and use more programs - PC or Mac? I honestly don't know.

2) Are you people even sure that Mac devices can even support the programs that come with Create-a-World? There's a reason why they separate PC games and Mac games in the stores. It's because of the compatibility. The Create-a-World tool we use is simply a modified version of the direct program the creators use to create the official worlds.

3) If the creators did attempt make it for Mac, well, it's been 2 years. Unless there is a major obstacle in their preventing them from making it on Mac, it would have been out by now. I'm not saying they're not trying or don't care, I'm just saying, well, don't you think it may be impossible for the Mac? They care about all of their customers! Of course they would want it on Mac!
  • Options
    jayjaymacjayjaymac Posts: 2
    edited June 2011
    Sign me up... even though i think i allready signed up... cant remember :mrgreen:
  • Options
    irt93irt93 Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    Signed.
  • Options
    Yokokitsune0800Yokokitsune0800 Posts: 13
    edited June 2011
    sign me up. I really want to play a town with ALL BUILDINGS (including WA, Amb, LN, and others.) P.S. If you know of a download link for this, send it to me
  • Options
    SCDS1997SCDS1997 Posts: 2,687
    edited June 2011
    Signed.
    I've always wanted to make a world...I only have a Mac.
  • Options
    N3mb3rN3mb3r Posts: 2,432
    edited June 2011
    bunbunnyny wrote:
    Please note that I am a PC USER, NOT A MAC USER. I am also NOT SIGNING AT THE MOMENT, BUT I MAY STILL SIGN IN THE FUTURE.

I'd just like somebody to answer these questions:

1) Which is allowed to do install and use more programs - PC or Mac? I honestly don't know.

2) Are you people even sure that Mac devices can even support the programs that come with Create-a-World? There's a reason why they separate PC games and Mac games in the stores. It's because of the compatibility. The Create-a-World tool we use is simply a modified version of the direct program the creators use to create the official worlds.

3) If the creators did attempt make it for Mac, well, it's been 2 years. Unless there is a major obstacle in their preventing them from making it on Mac, it would have been out by now. I'm not saying they're not trying or don't care, I'm just saying, well, don't you think it may be impossible for the Mac? They care about all of their customers! Of course they would want it on Mac!

Well see i have talk with the gurus and i posted a few pages back what they said. The tool is for dev. so that is why is wasnt made for mac users. Mac users could get it threw the same way they did create a pattern. Its a program called Cider. I wasnt able to get it to work.