Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BUILDERS' 101 - For Builders from Novice to Beyond

Comments

• Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited February 2010
    PoolArea.jpg

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this.
    What I would do if I had the liberty of living in a house such as this!!!

As for slow forum, I think it's quick enough.
    It's hard to build, and check the forum. Not enough hours in the day :(

I haven't even had time to edit my WIP.

Hi

Thank You very much and I would also Love to live in it! :D

Thank you again.

"Let's Learn Together"
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Magic, I love the new lot, wouldn't change a thing. Rec from me. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    laurenruth915laurenruth915 Posts: 4,102 New Member
    edited February 2010
    I would really like to join this thread... so... I'm going to start on Assignment 1, so if... thats a problem send me a message stating what to do... so... haha yeah.
  • Options
    MerryWiddowMerryWiddow Posts: 4,262 Member
    edited February 2010
    magician1 wrote:
    Here's my latest creation: Tri Cove:

Pictures:

Cover:
    Cover1-2.png

Pool Area on Top Level just off the main Bedroom:
    PoolArea.jpg

Lounge, Dining Area and Kitchen:
    LoungeKitchenandDR.jpg

Link to asset:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1936353

Enjoy

"Let's learn Together"

I love the lounge, dining area and kitchen. I love all of that wood. It looks great. I've recommended and downloaded it.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would really like to join this thread... so... I'm going to start on Assignment 1, so if... thats a problem send me a message stating what to do... so... haha yeah.

Hello and welcome Laurenruth. I will look forward to your posting of Assignment 1. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sherry1968 wrote:
    Magic, I love the new lot, wouldn't change a thing. Rec from me. :mrgreen:

Thank you very much.

I appreciate it

"Let's learn Together"
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Hi

A Hearty welcome from me and you are more than welcome to start with the "Homework". I believe you will enjoy your time here with us all.

"Let's Learn Together"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    magician1 wrote:
    Here's my latest creation: Tri Cove:

I love the lounge, dining area and kitchen. I love all of that wood. It looks great. I've recommended and downloaded it.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Thank you very much M.

"Let's learn together"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    My CAW WIP:

NewView.png

Should be finished by next weekend!

Comments please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Um this is going to sound dumb but... how do you insert pictures in the message? Wow I feel REEEALLY dumb for not knowing that.
  • Options
    Sherry1968Sherry1968 Posts: 2,250 New Member
    edited February 2010
    Um this is going to sound dumb but... how do you insert pictures in the message? Wow I feel REEEALLY dumb for not knowing that.

It's not dumb if you've never done it before. :wink:

First, you have to have your pictures posted either on this site or an image hosting site such as tinypic.com or imageshack

Then type it like this, minus the *'s [*IMG*]picture link here "width=640 height=480" [*/IMG*]

If your picture is already smaller than 640x480 pixels, you don't have to include that part in quotes, but if it's bigger it will break the thread. You can adjust the width or height as well if it looks squished, as long as you don't go bigger than 640 width or 480 height.

Hope that helps!

EDIT: OOPS! I forgot the forward slash on the second image, it's there now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Hi Laurenruth. You can upload your pictures to http://tinypic.com. You don't need to be a member. As you are uploading you will notice a section right below that says resize. Choose the size for forum 640 x 480 px. and click upload. After you upload your pictures copy the link for forums into your message. Preview your message to make sure you resized all of your pictures. If you forgot one you can key in "width=640" "height=480" after the .jpg and before the [/img] tag. I hope this helps. Looking forward to your pictures.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Edit: Between Sherry and I, I think we covered it. MW
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well here is Assignment 1. I personally do not like it, but hey oh well!

jjmr7a.jpg

149583t.jpg

2zgarh2.jpg

27y1sb8.jpg

• Options
    edited February 2010
    magician1 wrote:
    My CAW WIP:

NewView.png

Should be finished by next weekend!

Comments please.

I downloaded CAW, but when I pulled it up I soon realized I was too stupid to use it... I haven't used it since...lol. Yours looks really good though... I might download it!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Quick question... haha you're probably sick of all my questions, but one day I'll quit (If you're lucky) haha. Can I post pics of a house I made a month ago? It's already in the exchange, and I absolutely believe it's one of my faves... maybe you would like it too. If you're wondering the house is labeled in the exchange as The House of My Dreams.
  • Options
    Httddy7Httddy7 Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2010
    Jaded - love the starter home - I've downloaded and rec'd.

Magic - you latest build is, as always, amazing and your CAW world is looking good. I've not braved that - mind you I wouldn't have the time to use it if I did download it. Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing the finished result.
  • Options
    Httddy7Httddy7 Posts: 122 Member
    edited February 2010
    Lauren - have you tried a simpler roof? and maybe a different colour roof. The other thing I thought was making the foundation all the same, you've currently got two different types. Just thoughts. Have a play, see if they make any difference.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Quick question... haha you're probably sick of all my questions, but one day I'll quit (If you're lucky) haha. Can I post pics of a house I made a month ago? It's already in the exchange, and I absolutely believe it's one of my faves... maybe you would like it too. If you're wondering the house is labeled in the exchange as The House of My Dreams.

Sick of your Questions. Never! That's what we are all here for. :D To help each other.
    You are welcome to post any of your previous Lots here. :D

"Let's learn "Together"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Httddy7 wrote:
    Jaded - love the starter home - I've downloaded and rec'd.

Magic - you latest build is, as always, amazing and your CAW world is looking good. I've not braved that - mind you I wouldn't have the time to use it if I did download it. Good luck with it and I look forward to seeing the finished result.

Thank you for your kind comments.

My World will be be taking still a loooong time. I bit a bit of a Big Chunk there. It's a massive World. :D

"Let's Learn Together"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A simpler roof would be better... and maybe the same wall covering would work out nicely.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

jjmr7a.jpg

149583t.jpg

2zgarh2.jpg

27y1sb8.jpg

You have done a great job interpreting the floor plan. Now you know how you can choose a floor plan that you love and go from there. I see you have started Assignments 2 and 3.

Now some questions for you. What don't you like about it? Is this something you can change? Maybe you could post pictures about what you particularly don't like and we can help you with it.

I think a simpler roof might work better. Draw a roof over the main body of the house and then another from the porch back. A green roof might look better with the green siding.

Feel free to post any of your past work. We will do a walk through for you if requested. This can help you with future builds.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

• Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010

jjmr7a.jpg

149583t.jpg

2zgarh2.jpg

27y1sb8.jpg

Omg! This is beautiful! I love it! Great twist with the columns, I never thought of it :)

I agree with Httddy, a simpler roof would very much improve the looks.

I am making a new Victorian! My first attempt at one, so I hope it's good! I've gotten most of the structure down, Just need some floor plan tweaking. Once again, I am building this out of my mind :)

Here is a link to my palette.

23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    Evergreen226Evergreen226 Posts: 15,600 Member
    edited February 2010
    Picture time!!

n2zkg9.jpg

293umtd.jpg

w1peh1.jpg
    23uvol1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I guess what I didn't like was the roof... the colors on the outside just were bleh, i dont know definitely not my best work. HERE is my best work. http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1905066
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Picture time!!

n2zkg9.jpg

293umtd.jpg

w1peh1.jpg

I like your colour palette. Are you using that on the inside too? I like the floor plan and the way you have put the front door to the side. The shape is coming along nicely. I'm looking forward to more pictures as you make progress.

Have fun!

MerryWiddow

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top