Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My sims are dying and not having kids

My town is almost a ghost town now, ever since i install the new patch 1.4.6 or something like that, my Sims stop getting married and having kids. Has this happen to anyone else? :( :?:

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited October 2009
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    lynnythegreatlynnythegreat Posts: 406 Member
    edited October 2009
    This has also happened to me and I did not install any patch. I'm on the fifth generation and no one is getting married or having babies except in MY house.
  • Options
    JohnnywrJohnnywr Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited November 2009
    My town is dying too. I installed Windows 7 on Monday and reinstalled Sims 3 (thinking a complete new start after a newly patched game might introduce me to story progression`s finer points), I even tried out Riverview for the first time...but to no avail...no amount of cheap housing(under S15,000 with double beds, cribs and children`s rooms) could induce my sims to move in. No amount of pairing and bonding (with couples who match up on paper perfectly) resulted in new births with a third of new borns `removed` by the game anyway. Cheap houses remain empty, couples who have lived their whole lives together only discover conversation whenever you chose them as active household, random family members leave home only to reintroduce themselves at a later stage to a household they had no relations with...it is a mess. If story progression works (I am fully patched up with no mods nor CC), then it is to work without the constant vigilance and input of the player. This is NOT the case! No amount of "well, I`m on my fifth generation and my town is thriving!" is going to address this issue a LOT of people are experiencing. Maybe your town will start to die on the sixth or seventh generation?
    I SHOULD NOT have to add cheap housing so that sims move into my town, I SHOULD NOT have to constantly bond and pair off sims so that my town doesn`t become a ghost town, I SHOULD NOT have to make couples `try for baby` purely down to their previous babies `disappearing` from the game without trace.
    Why is this happening?
    It renders gameplay depressing and it distracts from any kind of fun that should be experienced.
    This is NOT a case of certain simmers just `playing the game wrong`...this is an error that need to be addressed much in the same way there are still music issues with stereos or the build/buy mode. I want to play with Story Progression, I like Story Progression...I would love to witness a tenth generation of sims thrive in a thriving town.
    This is really p***ing me off and I LOVE Sims 3!
    mysig_529490336.jpg
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2009
    What I don't understand is why isn't everybody got the problem you guys are describing? Also if you see the numbers of Simmers in that string which goes back a couple of month, there really isn't very many simmers in there for a post that dates back to August.

I'm totally baffled as I don't have that problem at all. I have nothing but EA stuff and recolors of EA stuff in my game and have been patched to each patch as it came out. My neighborhoods thrives and my Sunset Valley is now on the 8th generation of sims in various stages of starting or having recently given birth to generation 9. In Sunset Valley I didn't do anything to the houses - but I did in Riverview as simmers elsewhere had told me to do what Johnny is talking about. But I decided to not go through all that when I started over Sunset Valley after the last patch, and I'd have to say Sunset Valley thrives better than Riverview. So, sorry about that Johnny - as I believe I was the one who suggested you go through all that work. It's not necessary as newbies to the hood do move into expensive houses, actually more than they do the cheap ones, and they stay put - most of them.

I don't do anything special at all. I just play almost the same way I played Sims 2, only I just play several families and let all the rest do their own thing. I do notice when Sims die, that my sims don't know I rarely see any urns or grave stones for them anywhere, not even in manage the dead - but the ones I don't play but my sims do know, if a sim dies before it is elder, then I usually find their urn or marker in manage the dead.

Which in my mind is good or otherwise my sims would either be tripping over old age ghost markers all over the place or the mausalem would be overflowing.

Having played my hood so many generations I also noticed that dead sims at the cemetary do move on to the Netherworld eventually on their own, as all the elder ghosts that were there when I restarted my hood after patch 1.4.6 are long gone. The little girl ghost even grew up, which surprised me to find out the dead still age.

But anyway, back to the original info - I'm still baffled why some of us have no problems with this game. I wonder if it is a coincidence that we also do not have any game errors, no save 12 or 13 errors, no corrupt games, and I timed my saves tonight just to know exactly how long they took, how long it took to get in the game, and how long to get out. Using a stop watch- My saves took 20 seconds exactly. From closing background task to being in my present families living room took me under 2 minutes, and to quit the game after playing 5 and a half hours took me 36 seconds. I mention this because of the simmers with dying hoods have all mentioned long save times and long quit times, as well as corrupt downloads, save 12 and 13 errors. That is why I checked my actual times, as I thought it was taking about 40 seconds, but it was only 20.

I have flawless play. Not that I'm complaining I just wish I knew what I do apparently different to have a thriving hood and troublefree play. I also have no problem downloading, uploading, or install or any trouble with this site.

But I also know there are many, many like me, I just can't figure out the common factor we all have and you guys don't have. Mind blowing to say the least.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    kelinakelina Posts: 39 New Member
    edited November 2009
    This is a problem that some of us seem to be having. As Writin_Reg suggests, not sure why some have this problem and some don't. I'm beginning to suspect that it might be partially due to personal gameplay styles although the game should still have functioning story progression regardless.

I have the base game with some additional items purchased from the store. Have NEVER installed any third party anything. I play a single household per neighborhood. I'm wondering if perhaps not rotating through more households affects the social/mating aspects of the game for non-played households? It is very rare for anything to happen in the households that I've left to their own devices. Eventually the whole town is a few elders except for mine.

I recently repopulated the town with every premade family in the bin and added YA female sims thorough CAS to several households with only single male sims. I've now have, at least for the present, a functioning town again. Some of the households that I moved a CAS female into have had births! I suspect that the original sims in the households did not have enough independent social interaction and/or reproductive drive to find a suitable partner. Would prefer for the game to do this without my interference.

Hopefully there will be a fix for this eventually.

kelina

• Options
    MykalaplyMykalaply Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited November 2009
    Thank you Kelina for your post i will try this now :D:D :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    Uzi666Uzi666 Posts: 1,451 New Member
    edited November 2009
    THEY HAVE THE AIDS!!!!!!!