Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Free items downloading problems

Hello again :-) That's the way it goes: TS3 is brilliant until something goes wrong, hehe. Here it comes: I didn't manage to DOWNLOAD (not install) none of the free items from the EA STORE. I tried many times, with the game on and off. All the settings on my PC are correct and there's no speciall note about some particular error (just that there was error while downloading but nothing more). It's remarkable that all the free items I unsuccesfully tried to download are checked as already downloaded on my store account (the harvest bound was even BEFORE i tried to download it for the first time LOL). Any ideas, suggestions or the same problems...?

Comments

• Options
    hop3iihop3ii Posts: 2
    edited October 2009
    Simovitz wrote:
    Hello again :-) That's the way it goes: TS3 is brilliant until something goes wrong, hehe. Here it comes: I didn't manage to DOWNLOAD (not install) none of the free items from the EA STORE. I tried many times, with the game on and off. All the settings on my PC are correct and there's no speciall note about some particular error (just that there was error while downloading but nothing more). It's remarkable that all the free items I unsuccesfully tried to download are checked as already downloaded on my store account (the harvest bound was even BEFORE i tried to download it for the first time LOL). Any ideas, suggestions or the same problems...?

i had the same problem too i, i dont know what to do coz its really bugging me
  • Options
    dlc1960dlc1960 Posts: 1
    edited October 2009
    I have downloaded Riverview numerous times and it just won't install :(
  • Options
    hop3iihop3ii Posts: 2
    edited October 2009
    i know it is sooo anonoying, i have unblocked the firewall but it still wont work
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2009
    Okay,

Start the game, but stop at the first screen [the one with the Start button]. Click on the button that says 'Downloads'. See if your downloads are there.

If they are there and grayed out, then they are installed.

If they are there but NOT grayed out, select them one at a time and click on the 'Install' button at the bottom of the screen.

If they are there but have a red circle with a line through it, the download was corupted. YOU MUST DELETE THESE FILES BEFORE TRYING TO DOWNLOAD AGAIN.

If they aren't there at all, the Download failed and you must redownload.

When you redownload, leave your game open to the 1st screen, and make sure your pop-up blocker is OFF. Then go to The Store and redownload your content [just download 1 piece]. See if it installs now. You may have to delete and retry a couple of times [or at least I have had to.]

Downloading takes a couple of seconds, if your download instantly says done, then it DID NOT download.

Hope this helps.