Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fidler's Epic Building Challenge (Due Date:03/15/11)

Comments

• Options
    MysticalSimsMysticalSims Posts: 215 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Fedlerten, I am having issues with uploading my lot. Have you heard anthing about this? I posted in the tech section but I thought you might know if there were issues. I have not had this problem until last night.

Thanks
  • Options
    fidlertenfidlerten Posts: 7,615 Member
    edited September 2009
    Fedlerten, I am having issues with uploading my lot. Have you heard anthing about this? I posted in the tech section but I thought you might know if there were issues. I have not had this problem until last night.

Thanks

My questions would be MysticalSims; is the lot unusually big? And, what kind of internet service do you have? Also, did you resize your covershot to 512X512? There could be several different reasons. It might have just been the time you tried and you just need to try again.

I've never had an issue with uploading houses at TS3. But these are some of the things others say about not being able to upload.

Let me know the answers to those questions and maybe I will have a better idea of what's going on with it.

fidlerten
    Signature%2005-29-17_zpsti5fd2z4.png
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited September 2009
    I'm going to enter. I never built anything really big before but there is always the first time :D

I'm so glad to see you entering PinkKitty..It should be fun.
  • Options
    pinkkittyrokzpinkkittyrokz Posts: 1,192 Member
    edited September 2009
    yeah. I can't wait to start lol.
  • Options
    MysticalSimsMysticalSims Posts: 215 New Member
    edited September 2009
    fidlerten wrote:

Thanks

My questions would be MysticalSims; is the lot unusually big? And, what kind of internet service do you have? Also, did you resize your covershot to 512X512? There could be several different reasons. It might have just been the time you tried and you just need to try again.

I've never had an issue with uploading houses at TS3. But these are some of the things others say about not being able to upload.

Let me know the answers to those questions and maybe I will have a better idea of what's going on with it.

fidlerten

I havent played around with a cover shot yet, so that is not the issue. This is on a 60x60 lot all EA items and I beleive it is 9.5MB does that sound right? I dont have my desktop on to check but I beleive that is correct. I have DSL internet, not the fastest, but I have never had any issues until now. Actually this will be my first upload since all of the issues started on the forums. Thanks for any help.
  • Options
    garbuckle3000garbuckle3000 Posts: 1,840 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Fidler,

I'm getting close to finishing my "re-build" for the challenge. I have a little furnishing to do, then would need to take some more pics and create a story.

Do you have any objection if I create another thread for this build when I'm done? I'd obviously post my entry here, but I'd like to have another thread where I can showcase my work, with screenshots, etc, rather than fill up this thread :D lol
  • Options
    PlyrOwnerPlyrOwner Posts: 200 Member
    edited September 2009
    fidlerten wrote:
    K_Roon wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    K_Roon wrote:
    Hey, can anyone join in this challenge? I have a pretty good lot that I think could possibly have a chance.

I'm a big Sims fan and player, but I barely ever come here on the forum.

Yes, the challenge is open to anyone who wishes to enter K_Roon.

Give me a positive affirmative and I will give you a number.

fidlerten

Alright thanks! This is your positive affirmative..

K_Roon, You are Entrant 13.

Good Luck!
    fidlerten
    I'll hang around and watch the entries! i love watching.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    fidlerten wrote:

Thanks

fidlerten

I havent played around with a cover shot yet, so that is not the issue. This is on a 60x60 lot all EA items and I beleive it is 9.5MB does that sound right? I dont have my desktop on to check but I beleive that is correct. I have DSL internet, not the fastest, but I have never had any issues until now. Actually this will be my first upload since all of the issues started on the forums. Thanks for any help.

I think I would check with my internet provider to see if there's a limit on size of what I can upload.

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fidler,

I'm getting close to finishing my "re-build" for the challenge. I have a little furnishing to do, then would need to take some more pics and create a story.

Do you have any objection if I create another thread for this build when I'm done? I'd obviously post my entry here, but I'd like to have another thread where I can showcase my work, with screenshots, etc, rather than fill up this thread :D lol

I don't see any problem with it. It has no bearing on this challenge and you've got a right to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

I'd say go for it!

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    PlyrOwner wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    K_Roon wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    K_Roon wrote:
    Hey, can anyone join in this challenge? I have a pretty good lot that I think could possibly have a chance.

I'm a big Sims fan and player, but I barely ever come here on the forum.

Yes, the challenge is open to anyone who wishes to enter K_Roon.

Give me a positive affirmative and I will give you a number.

fidlerten

Alright thanks! This is your positive affirmative..

K_Roon, You are Entrant 13.

Good Luck!
    fidlerten
    I'll hang around and watch the entries! i love watching.

You're perfectly welcome to.

fidlerten
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hey fidlerten, would you like me to add this post to my directory? I like it.
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Walden95 wrote:

Sure Walden95,

It will probably continue after the challenge as I'm probably going to start another one as soon as this one ends. It's name will change though.

Thanks,
    fidlerten
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Hey Everyone,

We're still open to new entrants, though they be single builders or even teams.

If anyone would like to be on a team, then just go ahead and enter, and surely we can find someone to team with you. Just let us know what you feel your the best at and maybe share a link to some of your work. Then just give it a little time and see if someone would like to join you.

For you single builders; (and I'm not talking about your marriage status), there's still plenty of time to build a beautiful mansion as the final date is not until the 20th of October.

Show us your talent and that astonishing creativity. We have a challenge here that allows you to build however you wish to, without limitations. Do you feel your work has always been under appreciated by your fellow simmers? This is your chance to shine!

I hope to see some great houses come October the 20th; will yours be one of them?

Why not sign up now!

fidlerten
  • Options
    Walden95Walden95 Posts: 3,089 Member
    edited September 2009
    fidlerten wrote:
    Walden95 wrote:

Sure Walden95,

It will probably continue after the challenge as I'm probably going to start another one as soon as this one ends. It's name will change though.

Thanks,
    fidlerten

In that case would I name it "FIDLER'S CHALLENGE"?
  • Options
    darkside266darkside266 Posts: 2,077 Member
    edited September 2009
    Walden95 wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    Walden95 wrote:

Sure Walden95,

Thanks,
    fidlerten

Personally,i think that would be a great name,especially if he continues to make challenges...Maybe even Fidlers Extreme Challenges
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Walden95 wrote:
    fidlerten wrote:
    Walden95 wrote:

Sure Walden95,

Thanks,
    fidlerten

That sounds great Walden95. Thanks
  • Options
    TikilanaTikilana Posts: 9 New Member
    edited September 2009
    I am going to give it a shot!

:)

my first challenge
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Fid:

Still trying to upload my lot. It's done (still need to do a story, though), but as usual, this site is being a pain. Hopefully I can get it uploaded tonight... oh well, we still have lots of time :)
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    OK Fid!

I don't want to wait before getting this going...

My entry for the Extreme Mansion Challenge:

Briston Hall, The II

I've expanded it to 60x60 (which you realize is over twice the land size of a 40x40 lot), and filled it in with an abundance of features:

- Guest House with 1 bed and bath
    - A second 3-car garage with storage room and shared bath (connects to outside)
    - A $400,000 fountain sculpture
    - A small greenhouse
    - A hedge maze
    - A gazebo with a basement bathroom
    - A large pond
    - A hot tub/spa

Here is a link to the lot:
    Note that it's being hosted by Fidlerten due to the upload restrictions of the EA launcher:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=1306863
    Here's a link at TSR:
    http://www.thesimsresource.com/artists/garbuckle3000/downloads/details/category/sims3-lots-residential/title/Briston%20Hall%20The%20II/id/917965/

Here is a link to the thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/110394.page

Here is a link to the story:
    http://www.thesims3.com/contentDetail.html?contentId=107866

And just so you know, this will be the last mansion-sized project I do. It was just way too big; in terms of decorating, and in playability (just too big for any family). I actually had the game crash on me while play-testing / taking screenshots.

I look forward to your smaller and more manageable challenges, Fid! :)

OK... a few teaser pics below (more in my thread):

Front:
    screenshot_original.jpg"width=600""height=450"

Rear:

Guest House inside:
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Tikilana wrote:
    I am going to give it a shot!

:)

my first challenge

Hey Tikilana,

Your Entrant 15

fidlerten
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    OK Fid!

I don't want to wait before getting this going...

My entry for the Extreme Mansion Challenge:

Briston Hall, The II

I've expanded it to 60x60 (which you realize is over twice the land size of a 40x40 lot), and filled it in with an abundance of features:

- Guest House with 1 bed and bath
    - A second 3-car garage with storage room and shared bath (connects to outside)
    - A $400,000 fountain sculpture
    - A small greenhouse
    - A hedge maze
    - A gazebo with a basement bathroom
    - A large pond
    - A hot tub/spa

Here is a link to the lot:
    (not able to upload yet - will update this post soon!)

Here is a link to the thread:
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/110394.page

Here is a link to the story:
    (still in progress, to be edited in later)

And just so you know, this will be the last mansion-sized project I do. It was just way too big; in terms of decorating, and in playability (just too big for any family). I actually had the game crash on me while play-testing / taking screenshots.

I look forward to your smaller and more manageable challenges, Fid! :)

OK... a few teaser pics below (more in my thread):

Front:

Hey garbuckle,

I left a message on your thread.

I sure hope you can get this uploaded. I can't of course enter it until you can get it uploaded.

It sure looks incredible. I love it!

fidlerten
  • Options
    AnjubeeAnjubee Posts: 1,935 Member
    edited September 2009
    Hi Fiddie!

Just wanted to let you know that a couple of us from the Flip Team are working on an entry for this challenge!

SimEve, BreanneStone, Peacemaker_ic, Allium (maybe!), and me! We are going really big, so we hope we can finish in time!
  • Options
    edited September 2009
    Anjubee wrote:
    Hi Fiddie!

Just wanted to let you know that a couple of us from the Flip Team are working on an entry for this challenge!

SimEve, BreanneStone, Peacemaker_ic, Allium (maybe!), and me! We are going really big, so we hope we can finish in time!

That sounds great Anjubee!

I've got you all down as Team 3. That's a pretty big team. You've got until the 20th; three weeks, so I'm sure you've got plenty of time.

I also put down Allium but if she decides she's not going to join you then we'll take her name off.

I'll be looking forward to your "really big" extreme mansion.

fidlerten
  • Options
    MmyokoMmyoko Posts: 1,881 New Member
    edited September 2009
    Anjubee wrote:
    Hi Fiddie!

ROFL! That is so not fair!
    We are so going to beat you, though.

- Mmyoko out.
  • Options
    peacemaker_icpeacemaker_ic Posts: 1,878 Member
    edited September 2009
    bring it on mmyoko! ahaha just kidding. i can't wait to get started

fidlerton thanx for the cool challenge. its not often i get time to build a mansion and even less so an extreme one :mrgreen: