Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS, MARCH 22nd - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

EA_CathEA_Cath Posts: 34 EA Community Manager
FRIDAY HIGHLIGHTS, MARCH 22nd - A WEEK ON THE SIMS FORUMS

Sul Sul Simmers!

We are officially entering Spring season 🌸 How is the weather treating you? Are you planning anything exciting this weekend? I have started a spring clean and decluttering, so I will try to enjoy some sunshine if the sun decides to show up β˜€οΈ

πŸ—žοΈ What happened this week?
  • If you are part of the Sims Discord, there is currently a March Moderness shell challenge! You will need to put your decorating skills to work πŸ—οΈπŸ› οΈ and show off your creation in the official-challenges channel for a chance to be featured by the team!

✨ Now let's move on to the highlights!

zb90lls3fv86.png

What's a vampire's favorite dog? A bloodhound! Posted here by @FraTac

• To start off, we will celebrate Spring equinox with a legacy story by @Qnshr5 , A Love Like Ours πŸ’ What is the relation to Spring you may ask; well in this story we are following the Jonquil family (you know, like the flower!) as they move to Riverblossom Hills at the end of the 19th century. Henry, the son of a modest couple falls in love with Emma Kelsey and a new chapter in their life starts when they get married. The story is beautifuly written, the costumes and decorations are on point and the pictures are stunning! A couple of chapters are already available. I can't wait to read the adventures of this new couple πŸ’˜
  • Let's continue with our a spring-y vibe with @luckyheather's latest creation, the Nectar Garden 🌼. On top of being aestetically pleasing and very organised, it's also the perfect place to grow your own plants, to make delicious nectar to drink or to sell at the local market and to cook yummy food on the barbecue. There is no doubt that this will make a neat addition to your ranch or to your farm! I like how this has multiple uses for a single sim who wants to relax or for a group of friends or family who wants to enjoy a fun activity together, as we can see in the details that this build is also designed for children. And there are two money trees ready to grow and to save your finances (maybe) πŸ’²!
  • Do you remember a couple weeks ago when we mentioned the Sims 3 Camping Challenge? As a reminder, the challenge requires you to start from the scratch and to build a furnished three-bedroom house in 21 days. Well, @MamaSimTee is giving us an update regarding the last attempt and has successfully completed it, with 4 days left! πŸ‘ The house looks a bit different from the last challenge we witnessed but it's still very cute as usual. It's functional with the three bedrooms, a furnished kitchen, a wide living room and even a beautiful garden. This does not sound like an easy challenge, so let's all congratulate MamaSimTee for finishing it in advance and for another adorable creation. πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
  • We have another great topic this week started by @cyncie who is asking us what is the personal nature of the Sims games for each gamer. How do play and what do we use the Sims games for? What does it say about ourselves? There are so many different methods to play and it makes sense that the ways we engage with the game are very unique. Some of you have used The Sims as a mean to escape, especially during Covid lockdowns. Others use it as a creative tool to recreate places or locations that are meaningful to them; as a way to express themselves by writing stories; or to simply enjoy the low stress and slow pace of the game. Honestly, this thread is such a great read, it's amazing to see how many people connect with the game in their own approach. I find myself mainly building houses or decorating and I find it very stress relieving! What about you, how do you connect personally to this franchise? Let us know!
  • Finally, @ML2003 brings us back to the worlds of the original Sims, The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 and wants to know what story lies behind the primary neighborhoods of each title: Neighborhood 1, Pleasantview and Sunset Valley. ML2003 has managed to link not only all the worlds together, but also the characters by using their backgrounds, the official lore and by connecting all the dots together - it makes up for a fantastic story and I strongly encourage you to go read it! I love the effort put in to include so many different personas from the older games. Have you made any stories regarding the worlds from the previous Sims games? If so, we would love to hear about them ✍️ In my mind, I see each game like a parallel universe, which is why we find similar primary worlds and similar characters, just in different timelines - but I bet you folks are more imaginative then me πŸ˜†

That completes another week friends! Have a great weekend, enjoy the sunshine, and until next time!

EA_Cath
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments