Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Castle Estate - Official Screenshot Thread

EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
Sul sul!

Welcome to the official screenshot thread for The Sims 4: Medieval Castle Estate!

ts4-castle-goth-newsroom-1.png?im=AspectCrop=(16,9),xPosition=0.5,yPosition=0.5&w=1677

Please feel free to use this space to share all of the builds you come up with that make me feel like I must be playing an entirely different game altogether.

-EA_"I'mNotBitter,You'reBitter"Cade
Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    Haha, this is definitely one thread I won't be showcasing my builds, not that I actually have any. 😄

Really excited though to see what our oh so talented builders come up with.
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 634 Member
    I now have stately home envy :smiley:
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited January 16
    I now get to have grey hair from trying to build a castle (maybe thats why Vlad has grey hair)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I now get to have grey hair from trying to build a castle (maybe thats why Vlad has grey hair)

You might be on to something.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Okies, I have two castles on the go right now - a tradition grey castle in Henford, and a glistening pink and white princess castle (with 21 bedrooms for 21 Disney princesses). When finished I'll figure out how to embed photos here!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    edited January 19
    Haha, this is definitely one thread I won't be showcasing my builds, not that I actually have any. 😄

Really excited though to see what our oh so talented builders come up with.

you can download from the gallery, there are so many excellent castles available there, and edit and add all these bells and whistles from this kit to them @Simmingal
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    This is going to be really good. I can't wait to see what some of my favorite builders can do with this.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Okies, I have two castles on the go right now - a tradition grey castle in Henford, and a glistening pink and white princess castle (with 21 bedrooms for 21 Disney princesses). When finished I'll figure out how to embed photos here!

Lol, I really want to see that princess castle.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Bluebeard's Keep is a medieval fantasy castle project that I've been working on for quite some time now. I stopped developing most of my 67 castles as soon as Castle Kit was announced.
    This evening I snapped up both community voted kits and replaced some of Bluebeard's battlements, windows and wall textures with the newer items. It's far from finished, as one can see.
    By the time it's done it'll be the next Dark Ages.

The items in this kit are 👌🏼.

BBK-01-WIP.jpg

That's much better than my effort today. I forgot to check the front view and when I built the base I found I couldn't turn it around as it was too wide for my lot! I like the stonewalls and floors though.

• Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

I was sitting for hours today, and kept bulldozing over and over and so far all I've come up with is a wall and a gate. :D
    I swear I see new grey hairs popping out on my head!
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,896 Member
    Awesome castle, @CAPTAIN_NXR7
  • Options
    hmm one thing I am wondering about
    can I get picture of sim behind the battlements? anyone with the kit? just curious if it would actually cover a sim if they were up there
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member
    That’s a fantastic castle, @CAPTAIN_NXR7 ! The main reason I’m sure I’ll get this kit one day is not so I can build with it, but so I can browse on the gallery for amazing builds like that!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    can I get picture of sim behind the battlements? anyone with the kit? just curious if it would actually cover a sim if they were up there

Maybe those residing the castle would send up kids to do that hard battle work? They are shorter. Teens might go free.

(don't have the kit)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 19

Maybe those residing the castle would send up kids to do that hard battle work? They are shorter. Teens might go free.

(don't have the kit)

oh I just noticed its same height as the fence in preview :sweat_smile: well maybe realistic size one would have looked goofy in sims anyway and for me it was always gonna be occult castle so thats fine I guess magical toddler powers are defending the castle then
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 19
    Just a point on early medieval castles. The moat wasn't a scenic extra. It was a defence, right up against the castle walls, limiting the ways in which the castle could be assaulted in times of war with scaling ladders, battering rams etc. It also was a dump for the privies (loos), so castles usually were evacuated for months until they were cleared up! Some people had horrible jobs in those days. :#o:)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Wow, what a beautiful Medieval Castle @CAPTAIN_NXR7. B)
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member

Almost a castle.
    EQQs7wq.png
    0hKpB32.png
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    Thought I'd share how my mini castle is going.
    nVVBMUAh.png
    9bNH9d8h.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Random question for the castle builders - do you find the larger builds are laggy? I've tended to notice that a lot.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Thank you for your kind words @Simburian @mightysprite @FreddyFox1234 @SERVERFRA !😊
    This one won't be ready for a while, but I've been working on a few "smaller" castles and hope to share 1 or 2 on the gallery soon, for those that are interested.

@Simmingal, these walls are NOT💥 🛡️BATTLEMENTS🛡️💥, they are 🌼"Battlements"🌼. They solely exist to make a manor look like a "Castle", NOT to - for example- offer protection against Crumplebottom's handbagattacks.
    Whenever I need to compare a sim's height against the height of a half wall or other objects while in build mode, I use:
    MANNEQUINS!
    Provided that you have Get To Work installed.

MANNEQUIN.jpg

Looking dramatic in his underpants as per usual.

I always put one or two mannequins in my WIP builds as they can be moved around freely, while I adjust the heights of my half walls (which I often use to build battlements/ parapets with) among other things. Most importantly - unlike our musical chair loving sims, these guys don't complain.
    Random question for the castle builders - do you find the larger builds are laggy? I've tended to notice that a lot.

100% when building, and I play my game on a space rocket. Not so much when playing.